Sco Unix FTP shennanigans. FAO TDC perhaps :D

N

nath

Ello :D

My boss is trying to ftp a folder (with all its contents) somewhere via command line ftp like business. Of course you can't highlight all the files and click send, but is there a command to send all the files in succession, or do you have to do it one at a time?

Cheers in advance.

S

Sibanac

mget * or mput * (depending it you are sending or reciving )
you might wanne type 'prompt ' before that otherwise it will ask for confimation at everyfile.

the * are wild cards like in the old dos days so mput *.html will upload all html file in the current dir

N

nath

Does that actually upload subdirectories (keeping the structure n all that) too?

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by nath
Does that actually upload subdirectories (keeping the structure n all that) too?

I honestly dont remember :)

you could just make the directory on the remote host first using mkdir then cd into the dir and use mput *, unless you have alot of sub dirs ;)

N

nath

Absolutely loads.

Ended up using FlashFXP to fxp from one unix box to the other.

100mbit network, files were no bigger than 300k, and it took a good 5 minutes to send accross. There were quite a lot of files/subdirs :/

S

Sibanac

i am so used to using scp i can hardly remember the ftp commands

W

Will

I was about to modify a script I have to help with this (just because I already have it, and it would make you look clever), but I guess I'm too slow.

T

Testin da Cable

Originally posted by Sibanac
i am so used to using scp i can hardly remember the ftp commands

what he said :) sorry I'm late though :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom