SC'ing prices in Midgard

O

old.Mu.

Hi,

I've almost reached 1k SC, and will be willing to take 5 point OC orders when I get there. My question is; what is the going rate for SC'ing? I've been SC'ing all my own stuff up to this point, and when lowbies have asked me for orders I've always done it for free, so I haven't really dealt with other SC'ers and their prices. Can anybody fill me in on how people charge, and what they base their prices upon?

Most interested in hearing what other Middies charge, but will be interested in hearing from Albs/Hibs as well.

F

Flesh

While on the subject of sc'ing..is it better to level up on blue,yellow or orange gems?

O

old.Hardbein

I use a riped pricing scheeme wich I found to be rather good:

5G/Imbue point
20G/OC point
60G/Focus gems

As to skilling (500-1000):

Skill on yellows (only), the second next gem turns yellow...switch....rince repeat.

Below 500 its afordable to skill on orange +5pt (max).

F

Farnis

Give us a shout when you ding 1000 - ill be your first customer :)

O

old.Mu.

Heh, you aren't the first person to say that. :p I -will- look you up, though.

As for skilling up, I've been doing gems 15pts higher than my skill level. I make 20 of them then move on to the next, appropriate gem. Worked ok for me so far, YMMV.

C

Cap

Fullset orders (counting 6-8) pieces go cheap for around 2plat at SC:ers (if one manages to find one ;P), seen it go as high as 3plat though (people will pay since SC:ers aint to common). That is counting material cost, so maybee 800g-1.8plat profit or so per order.

For separate pieces its usually 300g-350g to my knowledge.

For all prieces here it's counting 5pt oc with 99qua jewels btw.

O

old.windforce

when i started as a spellcrafter i made up the 5gp imbuepoint 20 gp o/c point scheme which gave me way to many customers

later i changed that to 300 gp an item. it didn't help, still to many customers

now i retired 45 plat richers. done sc to much. prolly go active in 1.64 again

ask what you want, ppl pay it

K

Krissy

Originally posted by Flesh
While on the subject of sc'ing..is it better to level up on blue,yellow or orange gems?

I skilled upon 10 skill-points above from the SC patch and spent 11plat/11.5plat total.

Dont listen to ppl who say they spent 15plat + they were afking it and obviously have no idea how to do trade.

C

Cap

Started on makeing nearest orange above, currently doing 5-15 below my current sc skill and seem to be getting skilllgains thru that.

V

voth

I'm going by material cost + 2 plat and don't take more orders than I can have it done within 2 days. So insanely boring to SC a full suit so I want to feel like I actually got something out of it :p

Users who are viewing this thread