Fact Science Aer Broke!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Most science is wrong, according to, er, scientists.

Assuming that the new paper is itself correct, problems with experimental and statistical methods mean that there is less than a 50% chance that the results of any randomly chosen scientific paper are true

!

Well - presuming that this scientific paper is true, of course...

:)

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
If you read the article you'll realise it's isolated to medial journals, not science journals in general. So for just that discipling the result isn't that much of a surprise.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
If you read the article you'll realise it's isolated to medial journals, not science journals in general. So for just that discipling the result isn't that much of a surprise.

Doesn't say that - it says it's because of methodologies - and that means it applies to all disciplines. They just use medical examples to illustrate their point.

article said:
problems with experimental and statistical methods mean that there is less than a 50% chance that the results of any randomly chosen scientific paper are true

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Doesn't say that - it says it's because of methodologies - and that means it applies to all disciplines. They just use medical examples to illustrate their point.

Does that mean any study or scientific work you have used to back up your arguements over the years is now invalid and you lost them all? ;)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'm normally quite careful to produce meta studies ;)

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Yay!!! Bicycle helmets are safe after all!!!

:D

;)

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
So God really does exist after all?? Fuck

Now i'm really gonna look stupid with my placard at Sunday mass!!

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
It's probably referring to those scientific papers that, when confronted with data that doesn't fit the conclusion that the "scientists" want, result in the data getting adjusted, rather than the conclusions.

Pretty sure if I did that when I was studying Astrophysics I would have got asked to leave - these days you just get a bigger grant.

Gumbo

FH is my second home
There was a QI around this premise. They gave Alan all the points he'd have earned based on his wrong answers actually being right. It was amusing.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I thought this was gonna be about the EM Drive.

:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom