News School discipline

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I had to stand outside the classroom once with my arms out straight to the sides making circular motions with my hands. I don't know what it's called (I seem to remember it had a name) but it fucking knackers pretty much every muscle in your arms extremely quickly.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Instead of just bollocking your daughter and having a quiet word with the school, you reinforce her bad behaviour by making a big song and dance about how unfair it all is. What kind of lesson is that to teach a young girl?

This tbfh.

The kid in question was in prison by 18...throwing shit and being a cunt doesn't work.

This is completely true. However, I think the reaction of the governers is probably proportionate to the "crime" - he probably just walked over and put some tape on her mouth.

Big deal.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Serves the mouthy twat right imo, sadly her dad's drama queen routine means future teachers will be apprehensive about disciplining her over fear for their jobs, and the spoiled little gobshite will get even worse.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
The wife works in a girls school..stands by every politically correct method for disciline enforcement.
Or useless as I call them..then she comes home moaningabout the huge rise in out of control kids who tell the teachers to fuck off...what do they do..they take in a room and actually...you couldnt make this up...ask them how they think the teacher felt about being told to fuk off...its quite simply a disaster in the making for the next generations.

russell

FH is my second home
Speaking as someone potentially as old as Da Gaffer and I boarded at an all girls convent school I have to disagree with him to a point... I don't think schools are ridged enough anymore. However that doesn't mean one should tape up the mouths of students. In my day if I misbehaved my parents were called and informed I wouldn't be allowed home for the one of the two weekends per term that I could go home. This weekend was spent without privileges (TV & tuck shop) and I'd I have to go to church on Saturday & Sunday, plus confession. You just didn't do it again..... Simple
Nowadays the parents side with the kid and totally kick off!

russell

FH is my second home
It's a total farce. Teaching is a war zone and you do what you can to survive. Parents rule the school as they are the customer. You have to be really sneaky to stay ahead of the game and I only teach 7 year olds.

russell

FH is my second home
Don't get me wrong I love most of the kids. It's the parents... Everyday. Why did you do this? Why has my child not gone up a level when Freddy has? Give us more homework/ less homework/ different homework. Did you keep my child in? Why are you studying this? This hasn't been marked in enough detail. My child needs individual attention, so does my child.. And mine!When will my child get her pen-license ? I disagree with this and that.. And that was only this morning! Lol

russell

FH is my second home
Mind you if you get the parents on side the battle is won.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I don't think the fact that most people don't understand the increasing stress teachers go under - It's never been a popular profession in the point of view of the private sector, because they're seen as not working a lot and getting loads of holidays, truth is that due to cuts Teachers are having to do the jobs that people came in to support in the past, if there was a particularly troublesome class, Teachers would've had 1-2 TA's in the class just to help - and it worked, but now it's common to have 1 TA between 3-4 classes, and it's frankly stupid.

The class I worked in there was one kid who needed someone to treat him differently to the rest of the kids, because he was 'mature' in his eyes, so I spent most my time dealing with him, and in return the rest of the class were getting a lot more attention.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Gwadien said:
I don't think the fact that most people don't understand the increasing stress teachers go under - It's never been a popular profession in the point of view of the private sector, because they're seen as not working a lot and getting loads of holidays, truth is that due to cuts Teachers are having to do the jobs that people came in to support in the past, if there was a particularly troublesome class, Teachers would've had 1-2 TA's in the class just to help - and it worked, but now it's common to have 1 TA between 3-4 classes, and it's frankly stupid. The class I worked in there was one kid who needed someone to treat him differently to the rest of the kids, because he was 'mature' in his eyes, so I spent most my time dealing with him, and in return the rest of the class were getting a lot more attention.

The TA thing is relatively recent , they didn't exist when I was young.... However the occasional nun throwing a compass worked just fine.... ;)

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
The TA thing is relatively recent , they didn't exist when I was young.... However the occasional nun throwing a compass worked just fine.... ;)
Aye that's because if you had a kid with ADHD, you'd throw shit at them or beat them until they stfu'd now you have to deal with them one on one. :)

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Mind you if you get the parents on side the battle is won.

I was far from a model student, but I lived in fear of parent-teacher days.

On topic: tbh I do feel that a teacher having to tape a child's mouth shut is going way too far. I don't think that is discipline enforcement in any way.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
The brother in law is a marketing manager and his wife a district nurse..they have three boys..neither of the parents are what youd call weak, but their kids are out of fucking control...no respect whatsoever for anyone or anything..they tell their parents to suck their dicks..throw cutlery at them..all the doors are kicked in from tantrums..this is a 300g house..which is top end up north..its the schools..full stop..they.can shout at them till the cows come home..if they remove privilages they go on a rampage..the schools simply reinforce that they are unaccountable for their actions..you cant hit them..you cant lock them in a room so they have reverted to some kinda lord of the flies mentality..its happening all over the country and noone in power can do anything about it.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
The brother in law is a marketing manager and his wife a district nurse..they have three boys..neither of the parents are what youd call weak, but their kids are out of fucking control...no respect whatsoever for anyone or anything..they tell their parents to suck their dicks..throw cutlery at them..all the doors are kicked in from tantrums..this is a 300g house..which is top end up north..its the schools..full stop..they.can shout at them till the cows come home..if they remove privilages they go on a rampage..the schools simply reinforce that they are unaccountable for their actions..you cant hit them..you cant lock them in a room so they have reverted to some kinda lord of the flies mentality..its happening all over the country and noone in power can do anything about it.

Yeahhhhh...no. There are still plenty of well-brought up kids. There are dozens of different kids through our house all the time, and there are bold ones (to use an Irishism) and there are good ones, and its not school, its the parents. How do I know? Because most of the kids I see are pre-schoolers so the schools haven't had a chance to influence them yet, but some are still little bollixes. Discipline begins at home and abdicating it the schools was one of the reasons things started to go wrong in the first place.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Don't get me wrong I love most of the kids. It's the parents... Everyday. Why did you do this? Why has my child not gone up a level when Freddy has? Give us more homework/ less homework/ different homework. Did you keep my child in? Why are you studying this? This hasn't been marked in enough detail. My child needs individual attention, so does my child.. And mine!When will my child get her pen-license ? I disagree with this and that.. And that was only this morning! Lol
Welcome to the world today, everyone can be England football manager or secretary for education and absolutely none of them can ever be wrong about anything, it's like the real world became these forums...

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
Why not introduce 360 degree assessment things when they start school and those that fall beneath the acceptable level get executed or aborted.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
aborted eh? pre-birth functional assessments for everyone!!! I'm sure Labor will introduce this before long tbh.

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
My thoughts are quite simple: execute/abort retarded kids = no retarded kids = no retarded adults (eventually) = no retards in society

I don't know why no one has thought of this before

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
aborted eh? pre-birth functional assessments for everyone!!! I'm sure Labor will introduce this before long tbh.

Yeah except labour will then choose to protect the retards over the normal people.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
probably to do with things like

stephen hawking > gunner440

maybe?

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
gunner440 said:
My thoughts are quite simple: execute/abort retarded kids = no retarded kids = no retarded adults (eventually) = no retards in society I don't know why no one has thought of this before

You do realise that under this scenario you wouldn't exist? :p

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
probably to do with things like

stephen hawking > gunner440

maybe?
Except Hawking has a degenerative motor neuron disease and he was (iirc) a "normal" child. Your point stands though, just not the best example as Hawking would've probably survived gunner's abortion rule. And also he might take offence at being called a retard, his mind has not suffered in the slightest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom