[RANT] Scenario inbalance

Fink

One of Freddy's beloved
Played a game of serpents yawn tonight.

We won 263 to 234 and every single order player got more xp and more renoun than us.

Order between 5k and 2k renoun and us 1.3k and 400. Xp was 25k - 14k and us 7-13k

Where is the incentive in that?

Afran

Part of the furniture
Is your point that running the salvage part doesn't reward xp/renown? This isn't anything new.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Is your point that running the salvage part doesn't reward xp/renown? This isn't anything new.

i had situations in serpents passage that we lost with 500 - 100 and we got far more rp / damage / kills / xp than order.

usually the side that wins will also lead in rp / damage / kills / xp, but this is not a guarantee

so winning a scenario gives you a bonus to your xp and rp. in some cases it is more `intresting` to just ignore the objectives and concentrate on trying to kill as much people as possible and count on the rp / xp from the killing than to count on the bonus from `winning on points`.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Some of the scenarios need tweaking, but it's still fun!

Afran

Part of the furniture
i had situations in serpents passage that we lost with 500 - 100 and we got far more rp / damage / kills / xp than order.

usually the side that wins will also lead in rp / damage / kills / xp, but this is not a guarantee

so winning a scenario gives you a bonus to your xp and rp. in some cases it is more `intresting` to just ignore the objectives and concentrate on trying to kill as much people as possible and count on the rp / xp from the killing than to count on the bonus from `winning on points`.

Can't say I remember the last time I focused on the scenario objective in scenarios like Serpent's Passage, I always go for killing. The only type of scenario I'll go for the objective are ones where you hold points, such a in Nordenwatch, Temple of Isha, Doomfist Crater etc. You get way more exp/renown this way, every time.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Could be several reason for that, including diff in levels and rrs for starters.
Been on the receiving hand of same result order wise, then looked at levels (but it doesn't show rrs) and understood why.

Fink

One of Freddy's beloved
Could be several reason for that, including diff in levels and rrs for starters.
Been on the receiving hand of same result order wise, then looked at levels (but it doesn't show rrs) and understood why.

It wasnt that. Cant comment for all rr, but we had 2 players (lvl 30/31ish) in the low 20s (out of about 8).

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
alot depends on how the ennemy is killed
if u gank with all ur buddies or do it with less, it's a big difference

and getting the objective stands apart from killing people

Chey

Fledgling Freddie
did you take into account the bonus renown and xp that you are given for winning (it shows up in your combat log only)?

gordro

Fledgling Freddie
Well if all you do is kill the same guys over and over again, then they will constantly be "reduced renown and exp" Add to this you were probably all higher realm rank than them and you have your answer.

Many people don't really start to do any serious renown farming untill Tier4

Im only rr35, and I only make around 300-400 renown for 40 kills or so in Serpants. So Its better for me to run the salvage part, and win fast.

Its not the scenario thats at fault, its the fact that your targets are much lower level than you.

gordro

Fledgling Freddie
I wish they added renown/xp reward to delivering the objective :(

Well they do. Your bonus honour for winning at the end is the amount you gained up to the 500 mark.

I can't remember what the amount the salvage gives - 60? Anyway, say its 60. Then each capture of salvage is worth 60 renown to you (if you win)

But something extra for he guy running the salvage and those near him would be nice.

At lower realm ranks, its worth far more to players to go HK and farm the other side, while some poor sap runs the salvage.

At the higher ranks, unless your a healer, then you may as well just run the salvage for the win instead of wasting your time on killing the enemy.

Ezeine

Loyal Freddie
Well they do. Your bonus honour for winning at the end is the amount you gained up to the 500 mark.

I can't remember what the amount the salvage gives - 60? Anyway, say its 60. Then each capture of salvage is worth 60 renown to you (if you win)

But something extra for he guy running the salvage and those near him would be nice.

At lower realm ranks, its worth far more to players to go HK and farm the other side, while some poor sap runs the salvage.

At the higher ranks, unless your a healer, then you may as well just run the salvage for the win instead of wasting your time on killing the enemy.

Ok. What I actually meant was that I would like to see personal renown/exp gain to the person delivering the objective as there's still scenarios were it's just ignore.

I bet there would be more volunteers after a change like this :p

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
It's a bit difficult to figure out tbh but in general killing generates more personal xp than completing objectives.

Serpents Snooze on a 29 RP:

First run, 128k heals, 1.2k renown.
Second run, 56k heals, 2.6k renown.
Third run, 118k heals, 400 renown.

Personally i don't much bother with renown earnt other than looking at it and pondering why i get what i get.

I know that by healing players AFTER they have killed an enemy i get a nice haul of renown for the healing done dependant on the damage they contributed to the kill. The rest is a bit of a blur ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom