Scenario Hotfix didn't fix what it's meant to fix!

Nate

FH is my second home
Doesn't seem to have made a difference, I'm still getting Serpents Passage all the time the only thing is, to join one takes longer now.

Anyone noticed a difference in other Tiers?

Toel

Loyal Freddie
I haven't testet out t1 yet, but I've tried t2/3/4. In t2 everything seems fine, gotten into them all about an equal amount of times. T3 I entered Temple of Isha once, other than that it's been TA/TA/TA.. In t4 I've yet to see anything else than Serpent's Passage. God I wish they'd just remove the scenarios alltogether.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
If you set join-all

and the other press: join serpet passage..

well doh

old habits die hard huh?

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
tier 1 is still nordenwatch all the way

Dre@d

Fledgling Freddie
I noticed less TA in T3, got in temple of isha and highpass cementery quite a few times, but still, TA is the most common scenario.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
9 / 10 scenarios today were serpents passage in t4 for me today.

and i entered solo and pressed `ALL`.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
if people are queuing for the 'quick, easy rp, easy xp' scenarios then you're going to get them ...

Nate

FH is my second home
Just incase you missed the notes, here they are:

RvR

Based on player feedback we have adjusted the amount of time between launches on the following Scenarios: Tor Anroc, Mourkain Temple, Serpent’s Passage and Nordenwatch. We will continue to evaluate and adjust the amount of time between the specified scenario launches based on player feedback.

Sanzor

Fledgling Freddie
I haven't testet out t1 yet, but I've tried t2/3/4. In t2 everything seems fine, gotten into them all about an equal amount of times. T3 I entered Temple of Isha once, other than that it's been TA/TA/TA.. In t4 I've yet to see anything else than Serpent's Passage. God I wish they'd just remove the scenarios alltogether.

Gotta agree on removing them. Would be nice to see more open RVR action, like back in the old Daoc days. Zerg parties at keeps could be fun or silly :p

Gahn

Resident Freddy
The fix could prolly work if they remove the single join, make all join by default all scenarios imo.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
Last night in t1 i didn't notice any change as it was just nordenwatch over and over again.
But today in t2 I haven't played morkain temple even once :eek: and I've actually got to play the others.

Toel

Loyal Freddie
Gotta agree on removing them. Would be nice to see more open RVR action, like back in the old Daoc days. Zerg parties at keeps could be fun or silly :p

Shame we all know this'll never happen. :(

Stazbumpa

Fledgling Freddie

Disagree. There's nothing wrong with scenarios, the problem imo is that there aren't enough players on each server to support both. Easiest solution is to reduce the number of servers.

This isn't DAOC, people should stop comparing the 2 and just take WAR for what it is and either play it or not.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
A couple of hours on T3 yesterday and it's wasn't TA all over, had a fair play on other scenarios too

klasa

Loyal Freddie
T3 Yesterday for two hours TA popped once :cheers:
T2 Moroukain popped once :cheers:

Think it has made a difference

dee777

Loyal Freddie
This isn't DAOC, people should stop comparing the 2 and just take WAR for what it is and either play it or not.

QFT!

Since the patch I only played T1 and T2 on K8P and varying scenarios popped up, tho the "usual suspects" still pop more. Even played Ekrund 3 times yesterday! o_O

Mr_Grumpy

Fledgling Freddie
Was doing some t2 stuff and only got phoenix grate (!) .Not once did temple pop or stonetroll. When i queued just for .say temple, it just didnt pop. 80 minutes with no sc pop . When i went join all later in evening it was fast repopping but only phoenix .

Gets old doing same sc all the time at any tier and tbh id rather they removed the option to join just one since the reason its there was because of the old join method (only able to join the sc in your region etc).

Not needed now so take it away and lets have random robin on scenarios.

[HB]Jpeg

Loyal Freddie
I think theyshould have a specific NPC that gives u the BG quest.. as most ppl tend to sit in the localised warcamp of where they wanna goto... so for example for serpents passage most ppl will sit in dragonwake getting the RVR BG quests.

hence cos they wanna goto that bg specifically they click join just serpents.. so then they know they can complete quests.

where as if in praag for example.. and join rvr no guarentee at all they will join the BG for the zone they are in that they got RVR quests in.

creating a npc that gives all RVR quests in each war camp (1 quest for all bg) then imo that would help a LOT.

for example insted of a quest in dragonwake saying kill 25 players and complete the serpents passagescenario... it could say complete a tier 4 scenario and killl 25 players. would make it a lot more simple.. and easier for every1 to access bgs and get the quests.

Legean

Fledgling Freddie
serpents passage came up the most yeh but I also got to try the Dwarf Forge one which id never played before and a 3fg vs 3fg Battle for Praag, one of my personal favourites!

NicGOA

English WAR Community Manager
It is clear that the Scenario queueing system isn't working optimally at the moment.

Mythic is aware of this as well and they are looking into improving the system.

A tip: Use the join all function and then leave the queue for the scenario that you want to avoid. You can do this by right-clicking on the RvR icon on your minimap.

Uara

Part of the furniture
Nic that's all well and good, but the problem comes when the majority of people are just playing the sc for quick renown and xp. So if for example you join all then de-select serpents, your chance of getting a sc is decreased quite dramatically as everyone just joins the serpents que if all they care about is the xp/renown!

Twoeye

Can't get enough of FH
It is clear that the Scenario queueing system isn't working optimally at the moment.

Mythic is aware of this as well and they are looking into improving the system.

A tip: Use the join all function and then leave the queue for the scenario that you want to avoid. You can do this by right-clicking on the RvR icon on your minimap.

As Gahn said before....why not remove the "single join" option , and just go for the "join all" instead....wouldnt that b the easiest solution ?

00dave

To cure the problem of lack of players they should try cross realm battlegroups. It worked in WoW.

With reguard to removing scenarios all together all I can say is stop being so bloody selfish. Fair enough if you're in a guild ORVR is great, but if you're not in a guild or if your guildies are offline what are the chances of getting any renown waiting for a random group to do some ORVR. Or what about your alts. ORVR cannot be done solo, after tier one you can't even do it with 2 people, it's about 4 or 5 people with at least one healer and one tank min after tier 2 and thats if you don't meet any resistance.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
As Gahn said before....why not remove the "single join" option , and just go for the "join all" instead....wouldnt that b the easiest solution ?

Isn't that problematic when scenarios are linked to victory points as it removes the option to join just the one for the zone you are trying to lock?

The odd thing is I've yet to see anyone actually say they only queue SP (or TA etc) so I'm still unsure whether its a decent system undermined by player choices or whether it's actually the coding that isn't working properly.

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
If the scenarios pop on strict rotation then eventually you will play the one that will lock the zone you want. I agree that having "join all" as the only option is the easiest way forward. Everyone plays all scenarios, you get to see more of the game and it can't be abused by people who only want to play certain scenarios. Taking on board Javai's comments if people don't queue for scenarios at all because they want to avoid the chance of their zone being locked then the points will rack up anyway for the side that is queueing just as they do now so would lock the zone eventually by default. The puts impetus on the "defending" realm to queue to be able to defend or lose the zone through inaction. This promotes progress in zone warfare and will punish defending realms seeking to kill the game by not playing scenarios.

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
Well I have to say its an improvement. I actually got to play 3 different scenarios last night. It was really nice to look at the other ones and actually appreciate the layout and artwork.

00dave

Isn't that problematic when scenarios are linked to victory points as it removes the option to join just the one for the zone you are trying to lock?

TBH why do scenarios count towars locking a zone anyway? Personally I think it sould be based on keep and BO ownership only, that would encourage more ORVR.

Nate

FH is my second home
There are some terrible ones that probably didn't get any testing in beta, High Pass Cemetery for one. The one click thing seems a mess to me.

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
TBH why do scenarios count towars locking a zone anyway? Personally I think it sould be based on keep and BO ownership only, that would encourage more ORVR.

A very good point. Why should achievements in a non-persistent environment affect the progress of the persistant game world? Make victory points available ONLY from persistent world achievements?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom