Film Scariest film

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Right, I want to watch a scary film, not silly slasher scary, but proper fucked up psychologically weird.

I've not seen The Grudge before - do I go straight for the Japanese version? Is it even any good?

(I've got a feeling I might have posted a thread like this before, but I really can't be bothered to search)

Talyn

Can't get enough of FH
I thought Quarantine was kinda good, it's got Dexters sister in it, and it's got a nice ending.

I assume you've tried Paranormal Activity, another that was reasonable. I've never been fan of eastern horror, I find it a bit too boring, and the western remakes are even worse.

I must admit, I don't think I've yet found a 'psychological thriller/horror' that has really grabbed me. I'd be interested too see what other movies people suggest...

Ooh, I just thought, Orphan was one that I did enjoy.

Nate

FH is my second home
I thought Event Horizon was good, probably seen it by now though.

rynnor

Rockhound
Dark Water - jap film is pretty good, the original japanese versions of the ring and grudge are both good too.

Also recently saw quite a twisted one thats not japanese 'the uninvited' - I wont give it away but it was quite clever.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
@Talyn, Quarantine, seriously?! Watch the Spanish original [REC] :p

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
Ringu... the original japanese version of "The Ring".

The ONLY film in 25 years to give me goosebumps.
That's quite an achievement. :)

~Latency~

Can't get enough of FH
[REC] 2 is out now, great followup :] defo worth watching

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Quarantine was still watchable, but not a scratch on the original. Cannot wait for REC 2 to come out on DVD over here, it's had rave reviews, not very often a horror sequel manages that.

djpringle

Pork Smuggler
Audition is good, better film than Ju-On:The Grudge but maybe not as scary

Damini

Part of the furniture
The Eye, the original, not the hollywood remake. Certain scenes in that just give you goosebumps.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I second Event Horizon, great film.

Jiggs

Can't get enough of FH
In answer to your question, yes the original Japanese version of The Grudge is worth watching.

The Hills Have Eyes is a good one too.

Talyn

Can't get enough of FH
@Talyn, Quarantine, seriously?! Watch the Spanish original [REC] :p

Is REC dubbed or subbed? or both... I'll have a nosey once I get home. Didn't even know it was a remake. Cool, I'll add it to the list.

Talyn

Can't get enough of FH
The Hills Have Eyes is a good one too.

I didn't think much of the new version, the original still has it though.

I prefer the Rob Zombie flicks over the Hills movies - House of a 1000 Corpses & Devils Rejects. But that's getting more into the blood & gore, rather than psychological.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Audition is good, better film than Ju-On:The Grudge but maybe not as scary

Audition is good.

Dark Water is as though ( not seen american version, just japanese ).

I didnt find the grudge that scary really, I guess audition isn't that scary either but it's definitely cool.

Will

/bin/su
A few good Japanese horrors already mentioned, and The Eye, which I think was Thai. Old Boy is very good too if you haven't seen it.

Will

/bin/su
Its Korean, aye...I spotted I hadn't declared its nationality, and couldn't be arsed correcting myself. And its a good weird psychological scary film, even if it isn't a straight horror.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Still failing to see anything in there that's scary. A couple of wince moments if you're sensitive but that's about all.

Must watch it again soon, it's in my "to watch" pile of about a dozen DVDs. It never seems to go down, always stuff taking preference as I haven't seen them before.

Will

/bin/su
Next you'll be saying Megashark vs. Giant Octopus isn't scary.

Will

/bin/su
"Now presenting the award for Best Special Effect Involving A Plane And A Giant Shark, we have Whoopi Goldberg."

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Right, I want to watch a scary film, not silly slasher scary, but proper fucked up psychologically weird.

Spongebob squarepants: the movie...

scariest shit in existance...

xane

Fledgling Freddie
In terms of "scary", why not The Thing, otherwise "horror scary" another vote for Event Horizon

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom