Help Scandinavian language help

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Finnish is akin to japanese more then anything(difficulty scale that is). It's so far away from germanic(and norse) languages that it's not really applicable and as such, pretty much a new language.

Twoeye

Can't get enough of FH
Swedish and Danish is closer to eachother, while norwegian and gutemål, the language they speak on the swedish island of Gotland is closer to eachother, pretty much two branches on the same language tree.

If you speak OLD gutemål and Islandic you can speak with each other just perfect. So those are a litte bit closer to each other than Gute and Norwegian.

/signed a Gute ;)

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
in iceland everything is in english anyway. my experience of reykjavik was that most of the bar staff were from the uk/us/aus/nz etc

yeah it's that kind of place. I can understand people becoming enchanted by the island and hanging out there for a season (or forever).

I wonder if I could go do my minor there? Apparently I can do a one in Helsinki too 0o

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
can do a masters in helsinki for free, but not iceland afaik.

TdC

hmm dunno about that lol. I'll see how I feel in three years time when I get my bachelor 0o

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
If you speak OLD gutemål and Islandic you can speak with each other just perfect. So those are a litte bit closer to each other than Gute and Norwegian.

/signed a Gute ;)
Well icelandic, gute and norwegian are on the "same" branch of the scandinavian tree, while swedish and danish is on the neighbouring branch. But one could think Swedish and norwegian would be closer than danish since it hell of a lot easier to understand norwegian than danish with all their wierd throaty sounds. :p

Chosen

Resident Freddy
I wonder if I could go do my minor there? Apparently I can do a one in Helsinki too 0o

I know TdC is a dirty man, so I had to read this twice. Good thing it wasnt what I thought tho :p

TdC

ffs I can't say ANYTHING without you guys deciding I am either gay or a fucking pedo. At the very best you say I have a weak immune system :eek:

TdC

not as much as you love giving it :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom