Confused Scandanavian Toilets?

rynnor

Rockhound
Somebody told a girl at work that you guys have open plan style loos where the doors are only half height and you can see each others faces when on the loo?

This is deeply disturbing to the english psyche - are there such places in Denmark/Finland etc. ?

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
We just have holes in the floor in scotland

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Umm, you mean the urinal, or the actual shitters? Because those, atleast in finland, have solid doors in most places with good locks.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
But do they have German style 'shit shelves' ?

Helme

Resident Freddy
Uhhhh

Can you ask her where exactly in Scandinavia these can be found? Because I've got a huge shit comin' on and I'd like to stare into the face of a complete stranger while getting rid of it...

Ormorof

FH is my second home
it varies a little place to place, i am quite tall so I have occasionally found (in both UK and Scandinavia) that i can see straight over doors and such in toilets (not that it is something i do on a regular basis)

it was especially amusing urinating at Leeds fest a few years ago and being able to see about 3-4 stalls down

one thing that is different in scandinavia is that very often the doors on public toilets open outwards, whereas in the UK i noticed they open inwards meaning you have to do an awkward wall-touching-basin-touching shuffle to actually close the door, which is quite inconvenient

Bahumat

FH is my second home
That's so when the locks fucked you can prop it shut with your foot, or in my case my massive knob

Ormorof

FH is my second home
thats what maintainence is for :(

the toilets in finland are pretty good though, even in bars in the city they seem to have improved over last few months (maybe some new law? i havent really been paying attention)

in Hull and Dublin they were in a freaking dire state so it is a pleasant suprise when you need to drop off (puste grise in danish) mid drink/food sesh

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeah Finnish toilets rarely turn into shitholes due to cleaning. They do get utter waste sometimes during national drinkdays, or busy weekends. Brits say it's better that the stall opens in so you can use your foot to keep it closed if the lock is busted, in Finland if the lock is busted it gets fixed :p

rynnor

Rockhound
Umm, you mean the urinal, or the actual shitters? Because those, atleast in finland, have solid doors in most places with good locks.

Have you been in the womens toilets though - maybe its all open plan ? :p

I think she may have watched too many episodes of horrible histories and confused scandanavians with the romans or something...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom