Scammers = owned.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
This might be long I don't know it depends how much I ramble so here goes.

A couple of weeks ago ( my parents business ) we get an order for 40k worth of stuff, not unusual and not particularly large but not small either.
As the business is high value goods, we only take cheque/cash/bankers draft and _always_ wait for the money to clear fully we tell customers it takes up to a week for a uk cheque to fully clear so anyway, he says ok and "tells" us that he'll send a courier to pick it up as soon as the cheque is cleared.... *DING DING DING*

For anyone who has worked with high value goods this is just a classic scam...send the cheque stolen from someone on holiday etc collect the goods and bye bye...
So anyway, suspicions aroused I'm given the duty of telling the bank manager when I go to cash the days cheques as I'm working the day it arrives.

So toodle off to the bank and pay the cheques in and talk to the manager, she says she'll let us know ASAP. She rings 3 days later - confirms its stolen.

Not wanting the chavscum to get away with it on someone else we ( not me ) ring the police and arrange for a couple of officers to be there when the courier arrives.

We phone the guy back and tell him the cheques cleared and he arranges for the courier to pick it up tomorrow ( now today ).
Ring the police back and they confirm thats ok.

10:30 this morning 4 coppers turn up, make them some tea and they go and hide in the backroom.

11am courier arrives, signs paper saying thats what he's collecting etc....my dad whistles and coppers wander in nonchalantly - the guy makes for the door only too late to realise its buzzer operated and he can't get out hahah the look on his face was priceless. It looked a little like this:

Bush%20Door%202.jpg

He claims to know nothing and he's just a taxi driver from somewhere down south. ( yeah reet ). The coppers pull a good cop bad cop and he eventually confesses that his buddies who are in on it are sitting in a car around the corner...

Cops find their car, take their coats off etc, stroll up to it and open the door and arrest the two eastern looking guys inside, call for a van to cart them all off.
The police ring up later to tell us all three have been charged and one of them is an illegal immigrant from Afghanistan.

Damnit I can't think of anything witty to finish this with so you'll just have to make do with this:

Scammers beware!

yourturtle.jpg

GDW

Fledgling Freddie
Well done there. Great post for a change:)

Earl

Fledgling Freddie
Catching scammers and illegal immigrants, a days work for everybody but the home office! ;)

Doh_boy

Part of the furniture
Top one. :D

I wonder how many other businesses would have done this?
Also how do you know about the cheque thing? I had no idea myself, you got done before?

Chilly

Balls of steel
Fucking good one, thats what we like to see. The police were probably well chuffed you did their work for them :)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Fucking excellent. Let me buy you a beer, I will send you a cheque for £5 if you could send me a cheque back for £3 covering the difference that will be satisfactory.

Furr

Can't get enough of FH
Fecking Ace!!! well played, your office should give you a bonus or a paid holiday to the bahamas or sumin

rynnor

Rockhound
Nice work mate - nothing beats people being alert to potential crime.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Ahh quality, well done you and well done the police for bothering for once.

Mey

Part of the furniture
pfft. i do this all the time in my spare time at work, honest..

Good Going :)

leggy

Probably Scottish
Just to echo the sentiments of everyone else.

Well done and nice post. Let's just hope that they don't use their phone call to ring their other mates. Who will then come round with assault rifles after smoking some poppy extract.

Dweller

Fledgling Freddie
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ECA again. :(

Well done, that's pretty impressive stuff.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Doh_boy said:
Top one. :D

I wonder how many other businesses would have done this?
Also how do you know about the cheque thing? I had no idea myself, you got done before?

Cheque scams are pretty common unfortunately, fortunately they are very easy to spot.

eg, cheque drawn on a french bank in euros and the guy wants it delivered to at an address in canada... right........

or cheques drawn from random places like we got one from an agricultural college.... Just little things out of place that make you think.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Dunno why you bothered, they're ripping off corporations not consumers, most of them can stand to lose a bit of cash anyway. You must be piss fucking bored at work.

Vae

Resident Freddy
Bodhi said:
Dunno why you bothered, they're ripping off corporations not consumers, most of them can stand to lose a bit of cash anyway. You must be piss fucking bored at work.

<cough>

ECA said:
A couple of weeks ago ( my parents business ) we get an order for 40k worth of stuff, not unusual and not particularly large but not small either.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Maybe I should contract Cliff Notes to abridge my posts so Bodhi can understand them.

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
Furr said:
Fecking Ace!!! well played, your office should give you a bonus or a paid holiday to the bahamas or sumin

ECA said:

Something tells me that may not happen......

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Bodhi said:

olol

Mey

Part of the furniture
Bodhi said:

they also rip of the banks.. and i'd rather not have a jail sentance/fine for allowing fraud to happen.

Bodhi

Mey said:
they also rip of the banks.. and i'd rather not have a jail sentance/fine for allowing fraud to happen.

You big pussy.

Bodhi

ECA said:
Maybe I should contract Cliff Notes to abridge my posts so Bodhi can understand them.

Nah just stop talking non-stop shite I might pay a bit more attention in future.

Rubric

Part of the furniture
Tom said:
Fucking excellent. Let me buy you a beer, I will send you a cheque for £5 if you could send me a cheque back for £3 covering the difference that will be satisfactory.

Your wasted here Tom don't think anyone understood that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom