Jika

Fledgling Freddie
I was looking 1 empty acc for my good irl friend Lait

Found 1 guy on daoc.trade:

induct- is ~Roooooooo@rofin.users.quakenet.org * ganeligan
induct- on #daoc.trade
induct- using *.quakenet.org QuakeNet IRC Server
induct- is authed as rofin

Lait agreed with him that he will trade 10p for empty toa acc.
Agreement was that lait will give him 10p and he will giv her PW's on irc.

After lait handed him money, he LD'd from game and left irc also ;x

http://www.lait.ee/sshot007.jpg
If any1 know who is that guys main char etc .. or any other information , msg Jika on irc or Freddina ingame.

I know it was my own mistake etc, I dont blame any1 .. I just wanna know who is that guy.

And dont tell me to go and buy toa from shop, they aint selling it here in Estonia Q_Q

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
maybe he lost his net connection if he LD'd and left irc at the same time. but on the other hand he maybe a scammer, there are a lot about. cant you buy it from a mail order company and pay a little extra postage?

Exiled-Mighty

Fledgling Freddie
most places will let you pay and email you the CD-Keys, or tell you over the phone etc

legar

Loyal Freddie
dont count on getting the account.

this is a pretty old form of scamming :mad: :twak:

Jika

Fledgling Freddie
I dont, I just wanna know who is his main char ...

and as I have chked b4 and did it again .. didnt find any companies that ship daoc to estonia ;x

Coccas

Loyal Freddie
have someone you know outside of estonia buy it for you and send it to you

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Scammers should be rounded up into a field with every contestant from every Big Brother and machine-gunned till they stop screaming.

It's a mercy killing, truly it is.

Lat_Jævel

Fledgling Freddie
Put all scammers on a desert island, and use the island as a nucleor test spot :flame:

Devaster

Fledgling Freddie
lol jikan00b pwned m8 ! u dont make any deals with noname ppl :m00:
i bought my BB acc same way: for 10p for an empty about 5months ago no problems. Atleast apply to frlopedia if u wana trade with some1 from that channel.

Funkdocta

Fledgling Freddie
maybe he really did just lose connection. When was it, and have tried to contact him since?

If you cant get hold of him again, inform goa they should be able to tell u his alts or contact him for u maybe?

I have ordered a few copies of toa one for my bb account and a couple spare to raise cash in-game so you can buy one off me if dont have any luck :D

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Funkdocta said:
If you cant get hold of him again, inform goa they should be able to tell u his alts or contact him for u maybe?

Please tell me you weren't serious when you said that?

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
I forgot that we aren't supposed to trade accounts and that by doing so we break the CoC.

I will remember this in future.

legar

Loyal Freddie
GoA wont give out any information.

There are Secure trade windows for these kinda things.
press accept, and your screwed.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Gear said:
I forgot that we aren't supposed to trade accounts and that by doing so we break the CoC.

I will remember this in future.

That was obviously not writen by me! Next time you moderate one of my message leave the original in place as well! So I guess that by offering the guy an inactive account for free I break the CoC!!! Right... I should just go ahead and sell it then? OK, Jika, I'll sell you an inactive account if that friend of mine doesn't want it anymore, for the price of a beer in Estonia. As I have my b'day in August and I will not be able to fly over there and buy you a drink, have that beer on me! Is that ok now Mr. Moderator?

legar

Loyal Freddie
allthough it is stupid, he IS right gear.

===
A DAoC account is personal and individual. You cannot open an account in the name of a company, an association or any other legal entity without express prior written consent from GOA. You are also not entitled to give, sell, lease, lend or exchange your account under any circumstances.
===

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Gear said:
That was obviously not writen by me! Next time you moderate one of my message leave the original in place as well! So I guess that by offering the guy an inactive account for free I break the CoC!!! Right... I should just go ahead and sell it then? OK, Jika, I'll sell you an inactive account if that friend of mine doesn't want it anymore, for the price of a beer in Estonia. As I have my b'day in August and I will not be able to fly over there and buy you a drink, have that beer on me! Is that ok now Mr. Moderator?
No because your original post was in contravention of both Goas CoC and these boards CoC. I therefore deleted it.

DAoC End User Licence said:
You are also not entitled to give, sell, lease, lend or exchange your account under any circumstances. No virtual object, character or currency in the game may be the object of a pecuniary transaction, under any form or circumstances. Any activity of this kind may result in the application of various sanctions, including termination of the account.

FH CoC said:
Trading - You can sell your mum to a brothel, your father to a rich S&M mistress, your kids into slavery, and your dog to the local chinese takeaway for all we care, but if you do it via these boards (or any other trading whatsoever) we won't be held responsible for any issues arising from it, howsoever caused. More specifically, try and trade a DAOC account here and you could well find yourself banned (and your soul sold to Deebs, also known as The Devil). We'll be happy to extend sentences in hell to people who wish to try to trade in things we haven't yet envisaged also, so be it husband or wife, or even mother in law, or anything else you try to trade, we MIGHT slap a ban on your head if we think it's needed. In other words, we don't really want people trading here.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
More holidays available for people who wish to flounce the rules and ignore warnings from moderators.

legar

Loyal Freddie
just out of curiousity, why is Mythic's stand on this different?
no pun intented, just asking.

===
You must notify Mythic, via electronic mail to transfers@darkageofcamelot.com, not later than three (3) days after concluding the sale that you have transferred the Account, including in your notice the following: your true name and current mailing and e-mail address, login name and player name associated with the Account; the true name and current mailing and e-mail addresses of the transferor (you) and the transferee, and the following statement: “I HEREBY CERTIFY THAT, ON [INSERT DATE OF TRANSFER] I TRANSFERRED ALL MY RIGHTS TO ACCESS AND USE THE DAOC ACCOUNT IDENTIFIED ABOVE, TO THE PERSON IDENTIFIED ABOVE, AND THAT SUCH TRANSFER COMPLIES WITH ALL THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS GOVERNING ACCOUNT RIGHTS TRANSFERS, AS SET FORTH IN THE CURRENT VERSION OF THE DARK AGE OF CAMELOT™ END USER ACCESS AND LICENSE AGREEMENT, WHICH I FURTHER CERTIFY I HAVE READ AND DELIVERED TO THE TRANSFEREE.” The subject field of the e-mail must contain only the name of the account that is being transferred. Mythic Entertainment assumes no obligation or responsibility for any misspelling or typographical errors on your part.
===

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Dum di dum, play with fire, you're bound to get burned. ;) Bling, bling, is it?

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
What you folks need to realise is the amount of time the GOA GMs spend following up on 'OMG I've been haxxored' reports only to find out the origins of the problem lie in account sharing or trading at some point. It is to avoid this kind of issue that they took a different stance from Mythic from the start, and without wasting their time tracing false incidents they could put it to much better use such as arranging more events or tracking down more serious offenders such as alleged radar users and so on.

Account trading/lending = bad mmmkay? :twak:

Dipper

Fledgling Freddie
Ack, i cant count on 2 hands the number of times ive banned that guy.

Funkdocta

Fledgling Freddie
It's all a bit border line tbh. I didnt read the original post properly tbh, Im flicking to this page whilst im ment to be working :clap:

I thought he was after a cd key (ToA in particular). I would presume selling/trading a cd key doesnt brake any rules as there is no account to trade just a cd key.

If its been activated then 'I pitty dah fool' that trys to buy it.

I do think though that goa should do something like mythic do or even have an official trading website, it would elimnate the problem of scamming etc.. and they would make a bit of cash instead of ebay :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom