Scalars

sphir

Fledgling Freddie
If anyone find this bugger up can you please pm me then? i can supply 2 chars to help, the artifact itself isnt expensive so nvm that :)

ill be on feiyah/fieyah/eatmeh thanks ;)

Zelh

Fledgling Freddie
if you really want it, what you can do is to make it pop :) he doesnt have any respawn time, the incidents (deads etc) in typhon reach is what really make it pops; I think in VoS you have a good explanation how to make it pop, im not going to explain here because its long, but in camlann i made it pop for my reaver's gloves :)

Zelh

Fledgling Freddie
Info from Visionofsages:

The secret to the spawning of the Scalars mob:
This is according to the new strategy guide, and it's very devious-Ok, there are those snakes, the uraeus, that spawn when somone dies, as well as some being around as regular mobs in Typhon's. Well, supposedly whenever one spawns, there is a very small chance for it to spawn as an invisible non-aggroing uraeus. When 9 invisible snakes spawn, they will move to the Scalars artifact loc and form the artifact mob. There is supposedly a 200 snake limit to the zone, so if there are 200 present, and less than 9 invisible ones, the mob will NOT spawn until some are killed, etc.

-------

last time i made it pop it needed ~12 invisible snakes and not 9 but well....more or less that paragraph explains how it is, its not hard to make it pop following that.

Argyle_Avendale

Fledgling Freddie
Zelh said:
last time i made it pop it needed ~12 invisible snakes and not 9 but well....more or less that paragraph explains how it is, its not hard to make it pop following that.

Afaik there are 4 options when someone dies......spawn an uraeus, spawns nothing, spawn an invisible uraeus and last option is spawning Haje-urai (ml6 step). So its not certain you need 12 invisible snakes to make Scalars mob spawn, some could have been the "nothing" ones. Also could be some of the invisible uraeus had spawned already before you started making them "pop".

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
I tried to make it pop 2 weeks ago.
It isn't as easy as it used to be. A few months back it took ~hr or less to make about 9 invisible snakes pop, after which Ylissan popped immediately.
Now I killed snakes/suicided over and over for over 8 hours. I had only 2 invisible snake pops ( which all together stopped after 1.5 hrs on the last 1). About 10 or more Haje-urai. About 10-20 msges of only a puff of steam appearing. and 100+ normal urae's.
An no Ylissan.
Checked in the next morning, still wasn't up.Killed some more snakes, suicided a lot more, no pop. Hung around for a while then and did some other stuff in typhon's then he suddenly popped.

After that experience I'm not gonna make him pop ever again.

Danita

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom