Name: Scaffold Web Cloak
Level: 50 Quality: 100
Bonus: 35
Effect 1: 8 Cold Resist
Effect 2: 8 Heat Resist
Effect 3: 8 Spirit Resist
Effect 4: 6 Constitution
Utility: 52

Anyone who knows where its from and how to get it?
Using it in my template but cant seem to find where its from.. =o

P

piggeman

It's from an easy SI quest. It's a LONG quest, but the cloak is the reward in step 2 or something, so u don't have to finnish the quest. That's about all the help i can give you, since it was so long since i did it myself. Maybe someone else can fill in the name. :) Cheers.

K

Kallio

Originally posted by piggeman
It's from an easy SI quest. It's a LONG quest, but the cloak is the reward in step 2 or something, so u don't have to finnish the quest. That's about all the help i can give you, since it was so long since i did it myself. Maybe someone else can fill in the name. :) Cheers.

The quest isnt SI you know ;)

It´s called dark places of the soul, you have to do mucking through the ick before it altough :)

P

piggeman

Originally posted by Kallio
The quest isnt SI you know ;)

It´s called dark places of the soul, you have to do mucking through the ick before it altough :)
Haha, What do i know? ^^

edit: was looong time since i did it. Might have been the ring that was the second step! :eek:

J

jakobi

actually, you don't have to do the lvl 8ish prequest.

You can start the lvl 49 quest in fort veldon by telling Idona "Aid me"

A

aucard

Guide:

http://daoc.warcry.com/quests/display_spoilquest.php?id=1035

To get it started talk to Idona in Ft. Veldon.

1) Head to Gna Faste and speak w/Jytal inside the hut. To get him talking, do /s idona.

2) Hop on a horse to W. Skona and head E to the werewolf rope bridge. There's a group of about 6-7 arachites (all gray @ 50) that will spawn N of the bridge (up the hill over the ridge a bit). It only took a couple of mins to spawn and was a little after 1am game time. They'll eventually head S into the building to fight some ww's then go to the bridge and fight some more. After you witness it, step 3 SHOULD pop up. However, it may take more than one cycle to get step 3. I had to wait for them to go back up the hill, then come back down, go into the building, then back out to the bridge again before I got step 3.

3) Head back to Gna and talk w/Jytal again and click on the result of the battle. In my case, the ww's were defeated, however I clicked on victorious just for the helluva it. Either way, step 4 pops up which is the same as what Byte posted. However, when you get to step 12, the quest takes you another direction. Here is the link for the steps if you click defeated: http://vnboards.ign.com/message.asp?topic=44803224&page=2

4) Head E by NE from Gna to that little island with the broken-down house on it and kill Gunflor. He was blue to me @ 50 and BAF's 2 casters, one was blue the other green.

5) Head back to Gna and give the head to Jytal. Continue to talk to him and you'll get the Ring of Spun Silk, Gunflor's Head back, and 415 million xp @ 50. Make sure and keep the head in your inventory!

Ring of Spun Silk
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Lvl 49, 100/100/100/35, HP 21, Crush/Matter 10, Con 3

6) Head back up to Ft. Veldon and speak w/Idona again. Somewhere b'n step 6 and 7 a new quest will pop up called Strange Powers.

7) Head to Haggerfell and speak with Yver. He won't give you any keywords to go off of, so here is where you'll start the Strange Powers subquest. The steps are below:

SP 1) Say Idona to Yver. He'll go into a loooooong dialog and give you a hide sack.

SP 2) Head to Mularn and give the sack to Goi Halfdan (she's upstairs in the 3rd building on the left). She'll cast some spells and then speak to you. You'll get a ticket to Audliten and the hide sack back.

SP 3) Go to Audliten and speak to Garon (first building on the left). Give him the hide sack. He'll talk to you and send you out to Emain Macha to kill a spider named Eresidae.

SP 4) Head to Svasud Faste (Uppland gate) and grab a necklace to Emain Macha (Hib necklace). Once you get there, go thru the MMG then head W to the lake. Follow the lake around to the right (be careful of agro in the lake if you're soloing this) and head N up the hill when you get toward the back corner. Eresidae was at the top of the hill at loc 8211, 3922. Kill her, she's yellow @ 50.

SP 5) Head back to Audliten and give the carcass to Garon. He'll give you Yver's Unenchanted Antidote and you'll get another 415 million xp @ 50.

SP 6) Give the antidote to Goi in Mularn for enchanting. She'll cast a spell and send you on your way.

SP 7) Head back up to Haggerfell and give the enchanted antidote to Yver. Click on the "cursed" keyword or /s cursed and he'll drink it. It'll go thru some spells and then Yver will continue talking to you. He'll eventually give you a Scaffold Web Cloak and you'll receive 785 million xp @ 50. This is the end of the SP quest, and you can now continue with step 8 of the Dark Places of the Soul quest.

Scaffold Web Cloak (non-hooded)
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Lvl 50, 100/100/100/35, Cold/Heat/Spirit 8, Con 6

8) Return to Idona in Ft. Veldon and /s Yver is cured.

9) Head to Jordheim and seek out Blackpaw (he's to the left of the N gate, upstairs in the building that Aaric is standing outside of). Give him Gunflor's head. He'll turn into a white ww, cast a spell and disappear - it's pretty cool actually.

10) Head back to Ft. Veldon and speak w/Idona. Do /s the werewolves have allied with us.

11) Go back down to Mularn and speak with Goi again.

Okay depending on whether you clicked victorious or defeated, the steps from here on out should be different. If you clicked defeated, go here: http://vnboards.ign.com/message.asp?topic=44803224&page=2 otherwise continue w/the steps below.

12-15) Head to Muspelheim to kill a fire giant named Morgi Surtsson and his defenders. When you get into Musp, keep right and head towards the fire giant camp in the far SE corner of the map. You'll eventually get to a point in the valley E of the Dverge town where a broadcast message will appear. As soon as you see that head back W and you'll fight your first Defender. He was green to me @ 50. When you kill him, head E again untill you see another broadcast and then immediately turn W to fight another Defender. The 2nd one was blue. Do this another time to fight the third defender, also blue. Do it once more and Morgi Surtsson will pop up, he conned yellow. Kill him for the Fire Giant blood.

16) Return to Goi in Mularn in give her the Fire Giant blood.

17) Travel to Huginfell and talk to Besje (she's in the building NE of the bindstone). Do /s stone bowl. You'll receive a Cold Stone Bowl, the Herbalist's Vest of Health, and another 785 million xp.

Herbalist's Vest of Health
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
AF 100 Studded (for me at least - usable by Hunter, Savage, Zerk), Absorb 19, 100/100/100/35, Con/Dex 7, Spirit/Matter 10

18) Take the bowl back to Goi in Mularn.

19) Talk to Goi about the ritual to find Balle.

20) Search for Balle between Fensalir Faste and the Uppland gate. He's NW of they wyverns on the N side of the road to Fens. Loc was 37921, 51180. Speak w/him and this will begin the Balle's Potion subquest.

BP 1) Use Balle's list of ingredients to see what you need to collect. The first ingredient was bile from the green orms in Skona Ravine, so you'll need to take a horse down to Gna and then another horse to W. Skona. Head NW from the stable master and go the the N side of the lake. You should find a green orm in the lake around there. They conned blue and green. Kill one and get the Green Orm Bile.

BP 2) Get the next ingredient on the list. It's Snake Venom from a forest viper (reported as day spawns only-ed.). Head W from the lake w/the orms until you get to the next lake. Head S to approximately 52k, 50k in Vanern Swamp by the mud frogs. Find one and kill it, they conned blue and green.

BP 3) Get the 3rd and final ingredient on the list - Enslaved Orm's Tears from a large enslaved orm (note - killing a runner will not give you what you need). Head N along the lake keeping the shore on your right. After you pass the island w/the playground on it (you zerks that have done your epic are familiar w/this hehe), head NE across the lake. The loc is about 50k, 14k in Vanern. They conned yellow, however there are jotun's around the area that con orange so be careful.

BP 4) Head back to Balle in Uppland and give him the list of ingredients and then one ingredient at a time.

BP 5) Do /s certain. You will receive a Poisonous Brew and about 42 million xp. This will end the quest and you can continue with step 21 of Dark Places of the Soul.

21-22) Take the Poisonous Brew to the fragments of Kullervo located across the shore from Gna. Basically head NW from Galplen along the shore until you see a big bear named Grumblebelly. There will be a lot of Kullervo's Guardians flying around him. Give the Brew to one of them. It'll cast a spell and turn into a human form named Kullervo. He conned blue to one person and yellow to me - both of us are 50. Kill him and Errick the Protector will spawn. NOTE: If you give the Brew to one of the Guardians while someone else is doing this part of the quest, just wait for it to reset and it'll go thru the transformation again.

23) Talk to Errick and /s dark magic.

24) Return to Idona in Ft. Veldon and /s errick lives. She'll tell you that Yver has been captured and you need to rescue him.

25) Head back down to Gna, then to W. Skona to find & rescue Yver in Skona. Head N from the stable master down into the valley and talk to Yver.

26) Kill the evil Yver that spawns about 20 feet to the S of Yver. He was orange. You'll receive a Yver's Soul Shard.
---been reported that he can spawn as from yellow to red

27) Return the Soul Shard to Yver. He'll go thru a casting process and then you can talk to him again.

28) Return to Idona in Ft. Veldon and speak with her. You'll receive the Wispy Silkstrand Headcover and about 1.15 billion xp. This is the end of the quest, congratulations!

Wispy Silkstrand Headcover
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
AF 102 studded circlet-style helm, 100/100/100/35, Absorb 19, Crush/Slash 8, HP 55, Dex 12

Total XP ended out being around 3.55 billion xp not including the mobs you kill.

Another walkthrough (duplicate quest entries):

Idona @ Ft. Veldon sends you to see Jytel in Gna Faste. He sends you to the rope bridge in Skona to observe the arachites attacking the WW there, then report back to him. He then sends you to the island E of Gna in the lake to kill Gunflor and bring back his head. Gunflor is a blue melee Svart with 2 blue con sorcerers with him. It's doable solo.. but safer with a partner. Report back to Jytel with the head who gives you the Ring and sends you to Idona. He tells you to keep the head. Make sure you do, cause you will need it later.

Idona starts you on a side quest called Strange Powers.
Idona sends you to see Yver Tiu in Haggerfell. Yver has some crazy health problem that he thinks Goi Halfdan in Mularn can fix. When you see her she wants advice from Garon in Audliten. Garon sends you to kill a named spider (Erisdae) in Emain Macha. The directions are pretty concise on where he is, he cons yellow to a 50. Go back to Garon afterwards so he can send you to see Goi with his thoughts. Goi gives you the cloak and makes a potion to fix Yver all up. This ends the side quest.

Yver then sends you to Idona in Veldon to tell her that he's alright. She sends you to see a WW in Jordheim (yep) named Blackpaw about an alliance against the Arachites. Give Blackpaw the head! Back to Idona to tell her that the WW are game. She needs some information from a guy named Balle on where to find a different fella by the name of Errick the Protector, who will help us in our endeavor. Unfortunately she has no idea where to find Balle, so off to Goi who can do an enchantment to help find him. First she needs her magic bowl from Besje in Huginfell. Besje "the Fumblefingered" broke the bowl, so she sends you to see Alfgeiir "the Grumpy" in Jordheim. He will send you to kill a frost spectre W-NW of Nottmoor. I had a bit of a rough time finding this guy. You go W-NW from Nott, through the trees, across the next open area past the Bone Eaters then start up the hill. Way up towards the zone wall (still heading [West-Southwest]) I looked for awhile with no luck. Then I just started running around spamming "nearest target" until a frost spectre showed up at around 5k/35k. Since they don't normally spawn here, I assumed it was the one. Kill him and a bag will drop under the tree he spawned at. Pick it up and take it back to Alfgeiir, it's the stone you need. He sends you with a new bowl to Besje who sends you with it to Goi. Goi works her magic and gives you Balle's location. To find Balle run out the road from Svasud to Fensalir. Soon after it forks there is a dirt patch on the right that leads up to a saddle of sorts. In the middle of the saddle is Balle.

Balle starts you on another side quest called Balle's Potion. He needs to make a potion to help free Errick the Protector. To make the potion, of course, he needs ingredients from a ways away. Go kill the things on his list. For me it was a Green Orm in Skona, a Forest Viper in Vanern Swamp and a Large Enslaved Orm in the Swamp. All but the orm conned blue. The Orm conned yellow but most I found were attached to 2 other Orms and a Broken Jotun. Eventually, I found a solo one, so be patient or bring a group. Bring all the stuff back to Balle and get the potion. Side quest done.

Take the potion to Grumblebelly. He spawns North of Galplen on the shore of the lake. Surrounding him are a bunch of yellow/orange fairies called Kullevor's Guardians. Give one of them the potion and they will all morph to become Kullevor. He's only blue, so he's an easy kill. Once he's dead talk to Grumblebelly. He will morph to Errick the Protector and send you to see Idona. She sends you to save Yver who has been kidnapped and taken to Skona Ravine. He is at the Western most edge of the Northern most ravine. About 20k/15k. When you talk to him his evil half spawns. The first time I spoke with him his evil half conned red. !!! If this happens just wait a few minutes and he will despawn. Then speak with Yver again and he will re-spawn, most likely orange. Others I spoke with told me he's orange, so expect that. He's not too difficult, but he IS orange, so bring a friend if you aren't a strong soloer. Give the sould shard to Yver and head back to see Idona. She gives you the Crown and 1.153 billion exp.

--To find the Frost Spectre go W-SW, not W-NW to around 5k, 35k.
--the frost spectre is at loc 3k, 31.7k, which is W-SW from nott

R

riv

i tried 'aid me' day before yesterday

didn't work

R

Rulke-RM

Mucking through the Ick is prerequisite, from thingy in something-fel

K

Kallio

Originally posted by Rulke-RM
Mucking through the Ick is prerequisite, from thingy in something-fel

Haggerfell my apprentice, Haggerfell

K

Kindar

Originally posted by jakobi
actually, you don't have to do the lvl 8ish prequest.

You can start the lvl 49 quest in fort veldon by telling Idona "Aid me"

I was quite sure the "Aid me" was a bug. Was mentioned in another thread, so don't use it as its bugabuse and your account can be in danger. The lower lvl quests ARE supposed to be solved before you can do Dark Place of Souls.

W

Whoodoo_RD

Yes, "Aid me" was a bug that allowed any one of any level to do the quest, this has been fixed.

AFAIK Mucking through the Ick was removed as a prerequisit in the last patch.

Users who are viewing this thread