sc whats the gem rules

Daenry

Fledgling Freddie
im nearing ding of lgm sc, and wondering if i can use the 2x99 2x98 gems for max over charge at 1k sc?

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
Yes, 98.5 average is the magic number.
With 98.5 average there will be a blow up once in a blue moon, but I have yet to experience 1.
Btw your average should be 98.5, so 3x 99+ 1x 97 works as well, as will any other combination.
As added advise, for each item you SC, make the most expensive gem first. That way you can decide to use a 98 qua gem or hold out for a 99 quality, depending on what quality came first. Retries for a gem that has to be 99 are a lot cheaper and faster on the cheapest gems.

Danita

Jess

Loyal Freddie
Reno said:
Yes, 98.5 average is the magic number.
With 98.5 average there will be a blow up once in a blue moon, but I have yet to experience 1.
Btw your average should be 98.5, so 3x 99+ 1x 97 works as well, as will any other combination.
As added advise, for each item you SC, make the most expensive gem first. That way you can decide to use a 98 qua gem or hold out for a 99 quality, depending on what quality came first. Retries for a gem that has to be 99 are a lot cheaper and faster on the cheapest gems.

Danita

You mean the least expensive first correct? :)
I.E if you get a MP cheap gem first -you can settle with a lower quality on a more expensive gem.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
i always do 98%+ on every gem and have never had a piece explode :)

illu

Part of the furniture
I used a 97 gem once and it blew me up, even though the other gems were high - so maybe avoid 97 gems just in case.

Oli - Illu

Mithryn

Fledgling Freddie
Jess said:
You mean the least expensive first correct? :)
I.E if you get a MP cheap gem first -you can settle with a lower quality on a more expensive gem.

No, he ment doing the MOST expensive gem first, cause then you have the freedom to accept 98-99-100% gem of the expensive one, and if you have to make a 99% cheap gem , its alot cheaper with more retries than if you had made 2 x 98% cheap gems first.

Logic?

Jess

Loyal Freddie
Mithryn said:
No, he ment doing the MOST expensive gem first, cause then you have the freedom to accept 98-99-100% gem of the expensive one, and if you have to make a 99% cheap gem , its alot cheaper with more retries than if you had made 2 x 98% cheap gems first.

Logic?

Well I do it a bit differently :)
I make the cheaper gem(s) first -not accepting anything less than 99% -hence I can compromise on the later more expensive gem(s) -perhaps even allowing a 94% expensive gem, depending of the the previous outcome.

In the end the result is probably the same though.

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
It's not like really expensive so why even comment on what gem goes first at all.

Jess

Loyal Freddie
Phule_Gubben said:
It's not like really expensive so why even comment on what gem goes first at all.

There is a close relationship between time and money when SC'ing.

The more expensive a SC is, the more time you are likely to have spent.

So if you can reduce the amount of money you have to use, you are more likely to have reduced the time (and pain) as well :)

Mehuge

One of Freddy's beloved
Jess said:
Well I do it a bit differently :)
I make the cheaper gem(s) first -not accepting anything less than 99% -hence I can compromise on the later more expensive gem(s) -perhaps even allowing a 94% expensive gem, depending of the the previous outcome.

In the end the result is probably the same though.
Making the most expensive gem first is DEFINATLY the most cost effective and time effective way to go.

If making a full suit, make all the high level gems first (aiming for 98%), if you get a 99/100 all the better, means you can keep aiming for 98% as you go down the gem levels. You can make an entire suit without ever having to "try" for a 99%.

Jess

Loyal Freddie
Mehuge said:
Making the most expensive gem first is DEFINATLY the most cost effective and time effective way to go.

If making a full suit, make all the high level gems first (aiming for 98%), if you get a 99/100 all the better, means you can keep aiming for 98% as you go down the gem levels. You can make an entire suit without ever having to "try" for a 99%.

I dare you to proove it! :)

With the method above, you are most likely to have to do more retries on the expensive gems as you wont accept a quality <98.
With a 'reverse' method starting with the cheap gems and not accepting gems <99 -its more likely that you dont have to do retries on expensive gems at all.

Been trying to do some math -but its been too long since ive had statistic courses -and im too tired when I get home from work to do such stuff anyway

Hmm a simulation would be the answer perhaps... with a 'real' example .. running through both methods a number of times...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom