SC and OC

Wij

I am a FH squatter
How does your SC level affect your ability to OC ? Can't find an article that explains this fully.

Chrystina

Fledgling Freddie
Wij said:
How does your SC level affect your ability to OC ? Can't find an article that explains this fully.
it doesn't really affect your ability of OC'ing. somewhere in the docs it says "as long as you can make it you can imbue it" or something similar. what tha means is that as long as you are using gems that you can make yourself you also imbue them including overcharging. of course you should only use 99% (or higher) gems if you go for OC. and i speak from experience. I have sc'ed all my chars to the max when my sc'er was around 700 - 800 skill and did max. 5.5pt oc without any problem. the only times I managed to blow up my sc'er was when I tried to be smart and used lower quality gems when doing full OC :clap:

Sarnat

Fledgling Freddie
I wouldnt let a non-LGM SCer imbue my items with 5,5 pt OC. I think Enki lost an MP weapon doing it with only 800 skill.

Chrystina

Fledgling Freddie
as long as the sc'er only used 99% gems he can make (as in make 99% ones himself) it should be fine... must have been very unlucky...

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Well I have a 500+ SC'er and an LGM Tailor. Was gonna make a MP suit for my SB, get my SC'er to 700-ish and OC it myself. Sounds like it should be feasible with 99% gems then.

Graknak

Fledgling Freddie
each 100 points below 1001 gives an effective -10% chance on success so if yer 701 skill and the OC% is 38% it's an effective 8% chance of success. Ofc. the 38% normally is 99.99% with a LGM so if i was you just make the gems yerself and find a friendly lgm who's doing the imbue for free/small charge ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom