SB - TL report whit feedback

S

salamurhaaja

Basically it's says: screw you SBs, you are doing just fine.
Mythic's feedback on bold.

Shadowblade Team Lead Report 08.03
---------------------------------
"We know what we are, but know not what we may be."
-William Shakespeare
---------------------------------

-Overview

Shadowblades are still reeling from the LA adjustments and looking for competitive spec templates and a niche now. Since previous
feedback gave definitive answers to most SB issues, this report will be very brief as a result. However, the community as a whole
feels very anxious for any tuning to the assassin balance issues created by 1.62.

-General Concerns

Competiveness - The highest concern by the community at large is a way to maintain competitive in assassin combat given the current state of the class. The general feeling being that without the tools given to the other assassin classes (utility) and now no advantage in melee (raw damage output) there is no avenue available to compete. Our class description still maintains we "pack a bigger punch than their counterparts" which is dubious at best in our current state.

"In general, assasin classes often tend to be played by folks who are very good at finding ways to compete. While the 1.62 changes were significant, I am not sure we've seen enough to fully assess the results of those changes. Many SBs feel they cannot be competitive at all, while others seem to be performing fine. We're honestly watching this very closely, but need to make sure we have all the facts before we consider any future changes in this area. "

-Specline Issues

Left axe - This was addressed last report but continues to be a main issue. Per last report "We will continue to watch this closely over the next 4-6 weeks to make sure nothing is out of balance". Dialogue since then has highlighted 2 main issues with current LA mechanics resulting in large disadvantages (offhand variance, onhand damage loading). Since the 4-6 weeks has passed, the community would like to know the findings of the post launch monitoring and what, if any, measures will be taken to at least align dual wield mechanics (ie such as the 100/20 model) to a comparable state.

"We can look into that measure, but as I said above, we waiting to see more. The performance of many SBs seems to be on par where it should be. What we need to be careful of is to not reactionary balance based on the perception of underpoweredness by those who haven't been trying to make their class work. I am not saying there isn't an issue here, I am saying that we need to be very careful. I wish I could provide a better answer then that but we want to err on the side of caution. "

Stealth - Druid pets seem to be fixed in regards to seeing stealth, thank you. The other bugs reported still remain a problem, with the style lost from stealth bug topping the list at roughly 6 months since being reported and confirmed by QA.

"Make sure it's been bug /appealed. The new system wasn't in place 6 months ago, so don't assume it's on the list unelss you've appealed it recently. Regarding pets seeing through stealth, please encourage the community to shout if there are any other issues like this. (by seeing through stealth I mean a stealthed character being attacked by a pet set on aggro because the pet can see hidden.) "

-New Issues

Poison - per last report, the str/con debuff was acknowledged to be a non-obvious issue in assassin balance and would be looked into further. Are there any current plans to correct this and if so, any comments on the subject or is there a need for the community to offer up ideas?

"I put it on our improvements list. I am not sure where it stands in priority. I think this is a reasonable request but I will report back if I get shouted down on it. "

-Other Issues

New craftable weapons - The new slow 1h sword was received well by the community. However, there is a large concern why avenues were opened to other assassins to use new slower weapons, yet Shadowblades did not get an offhand axe below 2.9 spd. This does impact rvr makeup. As a faster offhand axe was suggested, curious as to why it did not make the cut.

"Noted for the item team. "

Armor tables - per last report, the armor/weapon tables are viewed as a bonus to Shadowblades. The community feels the armor tables are a disadvantage. Would like to see data pulled from servers where any realm's armor is available to show % usage of alb/hib leather by Shadowblades rather than their own, to support/disprove the two viewpoints.

"You'd be talking the PvP and PvE servers, both of which have SBs facing a different mix of opponents then they meet on a regular RvR server. So I don't think this data would be of much value. "

D

duact

atm i believe more in thanes getting love then sbs fyi

J

jox

"I am not sure we've seen enough to fully assess the results of those changes."

lol, can you read between the lines?

"Well, you guys have been running around doublefrosting everything to death since the stoneage, so now its your turn to get fistfucked for six more months, at least. Now get the hell out of my office or I call the guards!"

Door slams.

Darkness.

Dispair.

The TL jumps infront of a train :) Another one takes his place and prays to Loki that his report will get a better response.

K

kinag

Originally posted by jox
"I am not sure we've seen enough to fully assess the results of those changes."

lol, can you read between the lines?

"Well, you guys have been running around doublefrosting everything to death since the stoneage, so now its your turn to get fistfucked for six more months, at least. Now get the hell out of my office or I call the guards!"

Door slams.

Darkness.

Dispair.

The TL jumps infront of a train :) Another one takes his place and prays to Loki that his report will get a better response.

lol imo :)
:ROFLMAO:

H

herjulf

OMFG i had such hopes for something to come, it just sucked the life force out of my body...

No fun loosing 9/10 fights assasain vs assasain, i am forced to do something i do not like, camp for f00king casters or low realm rank chars coming solo.
boring..

H

Haldar

In general, assasin classes often tend to be played by folks who are very good at finding ways to compete.

thinking about cutting of Matt Frior's balls, letting him play assasin for a while and then forcing him to copulate 10 times a day...

A

arrakeen

Originally posted by salamurhaaja
Basically it's says: screw you SBs, you are doing just fine.
Mythic's feedback on bold.

Just play your rm then, wait for better times for SB's :)

S

Shaki/Aeis

Nice reply. Now I just hope they nerf infils or buffbots:)

C

Conchabar

Originally posted by herjulf
No fun loosing 9/10 fights assasain vs assasain, i am forced to do something i do not like, camp for f00king casters or low realm rank chars coming solo.
boring..

ive heard 1 hitting gray cons in df is fun :p

B

BidAccount

Nice report.

Now you have two categories of SB.

Those that can play, and those that can't.

Which camp do you fall into?

H

Haldar

Nice report.

Now you have two categories of SB.

Those that can play, and those that can't.

Which camp do you fall into?

one more fotmfiltrator idiot spawned...get lost.

B

BidAccount

I wonder how many reports and feedback its going to take for Sb players to get it?

You ain't getting a thing. Nada. Zip. Nowt. You're done with.

Based on Smite nerf history, come back around patch 1.72 and we'll give you a 3-5% damage increase, or a completely different PvE group ability that has no RvR function.

B

BidAccount

So we're not going to see any more 'salamihooha was killed by infiln00b' death spam anymore?

Shame ;p

O

old.anubis

there are more alb posts in this topic than mid ^^

S

salamurhaaja

Originally posted by donttouchpoopy
So we're not going to see any more 'salamihooha was killed by infiln00b' death spam anymore?

Shame ;p
You haven't seen it for few weeks.
And not gonna see it until SBs are given some love or NS/infils nerfed to oblivion.

F

froler-mid

And not gonna see it until SBs are given some love or NS/infils nerfed to oblivion.

spec back too LA instead of teh whine~~

S

salamurhaaja

Originally posted by froler-mid
spec back too LA instead of teh whine~~
So it'll be:
50axe
44 la
32 stealth
6 CS
28 venom

But then I wouldn't have CS styles.
I would be forced unstealth and melee people like old days.
People would be: "Nerf those SBs, they won't even bother use pa+cd like assassins should!"

Nah, those days are over.
You think that I have vaults full of respec stones?

F

froler-mid

You think that I have vaults full of respec stones?

yes. soo much pve'ing as u have done ;d

T

Tasans

Originally posted by donttouchpoopy

Shame ;p

You are related to whinadu?

H

heists

donttouchpoopy

whats the name of your infil/scout?

J

jua-cosmos-jua

Originally posted by jox

rofl

but you know what they say, the jokes allways hide a little truth:)
Anyway, how it seems those ppl are giving you some time to maybe find a nice spec,hehe they are afraid you might invent sometihng again like the fast la weapon for increased overall dmg.. damn powergamers :p

H

Haldar

they are afraid you might invent sometihng

there was a left-hand usable sword in Midgard, it was possible to wield it without LA penalty while having same selfhaste effect....the famous Griffin Claw, 2.2 delay (yes!) and 11.1 dps (ouch!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom