SB Specs [AGAIN!]

Gups

One of Freddy's beloved
Ok can anyone tell me or have a link to any damage tables of :-

LA skill Vs Axe skill

also does :

LA effect the CS line at all ?
Does main weapon skill (sword/axe) effect CS ?
Do other cs styles (garotte etc) get effected by main weapon/LA ?

Thanks in advance.

Mavericky

Fledgling Freddie
LA only effects CS damage if you are Duel wielding. When you use duel wield the higher your LA skill the higher your CS damage will be

Axe affects both CS and duel wield base damage

All CS line styles getting affected by you main weapon training in the same way.

The ign boards are a good place to look for more detailed info if you shift though the whining

If you have any intensions of duel wielding then you need to train your LA to quite a high lvl or loose damage. Using a 2h and you will get evaded pretty must all the time V other assasins

Durgi

Fledgling Freddie
There is no real viable spec for a sb. Only templates that suit individual playing habits. Wiht the LA nerf, the sb dmg output is neglegible at best.

using slowest weapons in the realm I do 150-200 dmg a swing combined dmg. On many enemies even less.

D.

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Durgi said:
Wiht the LA nerf, the sb dmg output is neglegible at best.
Wierd, my SB is still packing quite a punch.

I would agree that the only valid spec is one that suit your playstyle/habit though. :)

SoulFly

Can't get enough of FH
Kobold is a useless race for sb's. Pick norse and do the damage.

Nm the spec, checked smt wrong :x

´:U

Damon_D

Fledgling Freddie
Whisperess said:
Wierd, my SB is still packing quite a punch.

I would agree that the only valid spec is one that suit your playstyle/habit though. :)

I'm sure your kicking ass , its just the rest of of us that suck :worthy:

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Damon_D said:
I'm sure your kicking ass , its just the rest of of us that suck :worthy:
Wierd, I don't see where I said that you did ( 'cause I don't know you, so can't say wether you do or don't ) - just that some do exagerate how 'bad' their damage is.

Loch

Fledgling Freddie
Blame BoF, SoS, AP! Df, AoF or even MoM1! all overpowered alb ra's lol :<

Derric

Fledgling Freddie
Whisperess said:
Wierd, I don't see where I said that you did ( 'cause I don't know you, so can't say wether you do or don't ) - just that some do exagerate how 'bad' their damage is.

I think it's the fact that you actually said something positive about playing an SB,people here doesn't like that ;o

Damon_D

Fledgling Freddie
Derric said:
I think it's the fact that you actually said something positive about playing an SB,people here doesn't like that ;o

Well sure if you compare the SB to a caster staff'ing things then the SB hit's ok hard, but compare the SB to a infil with 50 thrust or slash !!! And he suddenly does not performe so well... But you being an alb prob like em better this way.. then you dont have to actualy look at the screen to kill em , and you can get alot more knitting done...

Damon_D

Fledgling Freddie
Whisperess said:

Hmm dont know what your SB is call'ed , could only find one with Whisp??? in the name... a lvl 27 SB...if thats your SB then your up for a awakening when you try " real " RvR... playing around with BG toon's dont realy qulify as RvR....

katt!

Fledgling Freddie
Damon_D said:
Well sure if you compare the SB to a caster staff'ing things then the SB hit's ok hard, but compare the SB to a infil with 50 thrust or slash !!! And he suddenly does not performe so well... But you being an alb prob like em better this way.. then you dont have to actualy look at the screen to kill em , and you can get alot more knitting done...
im sure you think pre 1.62 was balanced as well ;o

Damon_D

Fledgling Freddie
katt! said:
im sure you think pre 1.62 was balanced as well ;o

Nope SB's need'd twinking , just like alb stealther groups do now , but they did not have to destroy the class.. But well thats Mythic, the peopel who would trow napalm on ya house to help you light a candle.....

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Damon_D said:
Hmm dont know what your SB is call'ed , could only find one with Whisp??? in the name... a lvl 27 SB...if thats your SB then your up for a awakening when you try " real " RvR... playing around with BG toon's dont realy qulify as RvR....
Aegi Torment.

Agreed, just RR4L7 atm, but I've had my fair share of RvR. ( Always solo, so don't rely on others to rake in my points ).

BigBlackClock

Banned
the best spec is 50 axe 50 sword , you can change your damage from slash to ... slash , you will wtfpwn .
cry more damon

Groborthir

Fledgling Freddie
Whisperess said:

At rr7l3, fully buffed with MoA3 buffs, I hit for around 90-140 with garrote on your average infil, fully buffed, in proper gear and rr4+. With Comeback/Frosty Gaze (the only LA styles I use) it's around 120-150'ish, at maximum. In comparison I can say that against slash infils I get regularly hit for 200+ by their anytimer, sometimes even 300+ with just a minor decent crit. Lest I forget, I've also been BS2'd for 700+ twice in a row, that's more than I can hand out in a PA with 2h without a seriously good critical. I'm not exaggerating, I'm not lying, and if anyone doesn't believe me, I'll be glad to provide logs that will prove what I've seen so many times.

So I don't know where you get the idea that SB damage is badly exaggerated. To be honest, it is bad. I know LA needed a fix, but to seriously overhaul the SB's like this was a terrible mistake, especially since they didn't give them anything to compensate for such a decrease in their damage. I remember infils being given 0.3 more spec points per level because they needed something special, now I encourage Mythic to do the same thing to SB's, since they suffer from the exact same lack infils did back then.

Derric

Fledgling Freddie
There is something so seriously wrong with you Damon,you managed to start flaming because someone was optimistic....

Damon_D

Fledgling Freddie
Nahh there is seriously something wrong with me because I actualy play a SB now and then.. Peopel being optimistic about SB's dmg output are either Delusional or used to trying to stick kill stuff with a mage.. I know its not what you alb's like to hear , because I'm sure you like to play on easy mode in the stealther war, but its true non the less m8'y.

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
I'm

44la
39axe
22env
35stealth
34cs

I feel this spec is more my style of play as I can never land PA :p but I found the poisons resisting alot of the time, so I'm thinking about emptying the whole line for more axe, as debuff seemed to hurt me great deal.

I use havoc as my normal style, varience is quite bad, so far I've seen it 90-230 while under top debuff. Verus NS, I seem to have average fights with equal RR considering their slash resist armor and all seem to have top debuff, normaly hit them for 90-150.

I do think SB atm are having a hard time, lack of options with specing, always have to gimp one line to make the other lines work, I consider my SB to be very good being only rr2 atm.

I have dmg caps for 1hd and 2hd hits, writen down if anyone is interested in that sort of stuff :eek:

Damon_D

Fledgling Freddie
BigBlackClock said:
the best spec is 50 axe 50 sword , you can change your damage from slash to ... slash , you will wtfpwn .
cry more damon

Kiss my heini LittleWhiteN00dle

Damon_D

Fledgling Freddie
Where ever I get to wtfpwn with my fotm savage or healer , in my over- powered ewul opt'd group , with 3 healers and wtf not..... I'm sure you will add at amgE sometime......

Hmmm garrotspammer... sure wish I had some nice style's to choose from instead.. like DF or amethyst slash, but I dont play alb so I get a stun style thats 2x's as hard to pull of and has a shorter stun , and a nice anytimer that hit's for less and eat's twice as much end.. Guesse I'll be playing the sb again after Frontiers sometime.. maybe

I'm sure you will find someone ell's to wtfpwn... your little sister or something

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom