SB spec. /With v. little poison...

Lestat

Fledgling Freddie
Wont get as much time to play as I thought the first many months (Nightshift) --- Sooo I role a sb to enjoy meself with til I get more time for a group class of some sort.. Been thinking and playing around with the character builder, and come up with this allroundish spec

***(New to assasin's, only experience is from bg's ...so please dont laugh if its gimpy!)***

RR1- Whant spymaster and arties done before rvr, so got plenty of time to find a nice spec. or get help from someone inhere to a similar playstyle spec as mine (whant pa---creepingdeath+backstab2 and good wepskill).. Im autotraining all the way, so the spec's will be adjusted the most clever way, just I dont know how many pts I get from auto???

: 8+10poison - 36+11stealth 44+11axe 39+11laxe 39+11cs :
2nd snare poison - 47stealth - axe wepskill - laxe hit rate - cd chain

The reason that makes me dodge poison is that I dont wanna fight 100%str. based characters anyway, fast caster/stealther kills and maybe a sitting cleric now and then..

And btw! Heard something about mezz poison's? Is that a ml thing, or craftable? Thats it, all input will be appriciated!

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Mazzaca said:
Mezz poison is spymaster ml10 afaik.

I think you will find that group stealth is ml 10 spymaster tbh and that ml9 is the mezz poison :)

majik

Banned
You will stand no chance without s/c debuff venom, at all.

Leathas

Fledgling Freddie
you need as much s-c poison as you could get(same goes for dot one) i guess.

Tiztla

Fledgling Freddie
enervating envenom is not just a stre buff mate, it is also a con debuff and if it lands it gives a huuuuuuge advantage over ur enemy, caster as stealther,

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Just played around on character builder, thing is with SBs having low spec points to go duel wield and crit its more of a rounded spec, not outstanding in eithar specific role but good enough to play in both.

25poisons+11 u'll be using the major lethal venom, 43dmg dot and with rr2 u'll be using the 91str/con debuff.
35stealth, will be enough stealth to get PA off on casters etc, higher rank stealthers have mastery of stealth so they will detect you first anyway, id aim to get mastery of stealth as your first RA probably <Shrug>
44axe, same as you had, good weap skill, some good styles (after u get ur LA stun chain off spin round and use glacial movement etc)
39LA, gives you the LA stun chain and decent weap skill
34crit, gives you PA, creeping death and bs2, good openers against casters and if you use a 2h weapon to get it off you should do good, most casters will die in PA+creeping death stun so you wont need stunning stab hopefully :).

thats how id like to see the spec work, ofc it depends on play style and luck etc.

if you want a SB more centered around stealth wars then id say drop CS, as if u dont get the first hit thats alot of ur talents gone, instead id go something like

50sword,
44LA,
29envenom,
35stealth

its a heavy investment in sword, but you get ragnarok, which is good agaisnt any melee class as it slows down there weaponspeed. with a toa temp giving you +26 strength, and i dunno, battler or something, should be good against infils/ns

majik

Banned
Using a spec with 50 sword and no CS is completely useless at low rr, not only does that spec have only the second s/c debuff but it has no snare/asd chain, so you're enemies (which are a lot stronger than you anyway) will be doing far too much damage on you for you to stand a chance. Making a spec completely for a behind style is truely pointless as you will NEVER be behind your enemy unless you happen to land the stun and even then it's not worth throwing the points away because they are more than likely going to purge it.

The most viable spec until rr5+ is cs spec.

Just read that you are auto-trained so this is what spec I'd go for:

37+13 stealth
37+13 sword
44+13 cs
34+13 venom
25+13 left axe

This is the spec I used when i was at RR3 and although when you look at it on paper you think the left axe is pretty poor using garrote/ah and hamstring chain after evade was pretty decent damage. If I had to reroll my sb to rr3 I'd use this again. The hamstring chain gives a great advantage over scouts and mincers as you tend to evade them a lot and the snare/asd chain is needed against assassins of other realms.

Tiztla

Fledgling Freddie
Besides, 44 la gives u 2 better behind style then the ragnarok IMO :)

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
hehe on my SB (Darksword:p) i was 44Axe 39LA 33/34 envenom 36stealth and only 21crit shot when i was rr3. and i found it VERY fun to play (i later completely dropped crit <Shrug>

if i was to roll another SB im not sure how id go, maybe;

32 poisons, with rr2, and + envenom, will be using the lvl 45 dot, or at rr3 cant remember exactly hehe :).
35stealth
39 crit for the pa>cd>ss
39LA
34sword

ive heard some rumours that weapskill is more reliant on LA or something? not sure exactly. id say for a crit blade this would be fun.

does anyone know if theres any good 2h critblade specs/template? im guessing the old cookie cutter was 44/44 crit/sword and 36stealth/envenom, but would that be any good against infils/ns's at hte moment? i know it would probably be ideal for killing a caster, although again ive heard that even a la/crit blade is better at this <shrug> i think im starting on hib or alb anyway but id like to know that mid was getting some loving :(

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
majik said:
Using a spec with 50 sword and no CS is completely useless at low rr, not only does that spec have only the second s/c debuff but it has no snare/asd chain, so you're enemies (which are a lot stronger than you anyway) will be doing far too much damage on you for you to stand a chance. Making a spec completely for a behind style is truely pointless as you will NEVER be behind your enemy unless you happen to land the stun and even then it's not worth throwing the points away because they are more than likely going to purge it.

The most viable spec until rr5+ is cs spec.

Just read that you are auto-trained so this is what spec I'd go for:

37+13 stealth
37+13 sword
44+13 cs
34+13 venom
25+13 left axe

This is the spec I used when i was at RR3 and although when you look at it on paper you think the left axe is pretty poor using garrote/ah and hamstring chain after evade was pretty decent damage. If I had to reroll my sb to rr3 I'd use this again. The hamstring chain gives a great advantage over scouts and mincers as you tend to evade them a lot and the snare/asd chain is needed against assassins of other realms.

uses the 3rd debuff when u use +envenom (usually gloves/shoe replacements so :p)

balkeriz

One of Freddy's beloved
i have had these spec for ages and still works well..

44 sword use a 99% heat LW
39 LA Malice
36 sth 3+MoS and + 14
34 CS + 15 since i have 11+ and i get 4 + from being rr5
24 Env little low but works ok since high weapon gives hgih dmg.

Bin playing with those specs for ages atleast 1 year.

majik

Banned
Darksword said:
uses the 3rd debuff when u use +envenom (usually gloves/shoe replacements so :p)

But at rr5 32+15 = 47.

Afaik the poster is low rr or doesnt even have the char yet, so should prepare a spec for rr3 ideally as rr2 is np.

Lestat

Fledgling Freddie
Wauww alot of help, thanks alot!!!

I dont even have my own internet connection yet, so this thread is preperation to july1st (getting work, cash=daoc, dsl=daddeh).. ;p

Afaik rr1-3ish shouldnt be to hard, as im used to play at least 4-5hours in the evening every work day 1year ago. (played to much shadowbane as well to make any crazy rr). So what would be most efficient as let say rr1-4? Will get pl'd/auto'd and pl'ing a bb account to. Dont whant to use to many hours on artifact runs, ml is ok seems fun, but artifact grind+lvling the items seems to boring for me! ;)

BTW: How come alot of people spec sword and not axe? More wepskill or how come? _Thx_ again, and dont worry if I dont respond in 2/3days..Netcafe atm.

fotm

Fledgling Freddie
Lestat said:

I dont even have my own internet connection yet, so this thread is preperation to july1st (getting work, cash=daoc, dsl=daddeh).. ;p

Afaik rr1-3ish shouldnt be to hard, as im used to play at least 4-5hours in the evening every work day 1year ago. (played to much shadowbane as well to make any crazy rr). So what would be most efficient as let say rr1-4? Will get pl'd/auto'd and pl'ing a bb account to. Dont whant to use to many hours on artifact runs, ml is ok seems fun, but artifact grind+lvling the items seems to boring for me! ;)

BTW: How come alot of people spec sword and not axe? More wepskill or how come? _Thx_ again, and dont worry if I dont respond in 2/3days..Netcafe atm.
you will be using legendary weaps, and with sword you have acess to slower mainhand weaps

majik

Banned
Lestat said:

Unfortunately you have one of the slowest artifacts to level in game if you want to be a serious sb. Malice requires a fair bit of work to get level 10 and its the best artifact an sb can activate.

Lestat

Fledgling Freddie
Ahh nice that was helpful. Allways thought axes was slower, but im wiser now!

/thx again! 2weeks time then Im online woot!!

Mazzaca

Fledgling Freddie
I guess most people specc sword to use battler as mainhand.
And Maji, isn't phoebus harp pretty damn close to be one of the best aswell?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom