SB spec question

T

taobitzz

Have tried a load of specs, but was wondering if anyone tried 50 axe 44 la and used a 4.2 spd in main hand and a slow 4 ish (no idea what slowest offhand weapon is) while using a haste bot, even a /level 20 healer. Was wondering what havoc dmg etc would be like, anyone know?

D

Damon_D

Well you give alot up for that spec imho , and I'm not sure its worth it , I would say 44 axe/la as max , i have 44 axe and havoc dont hit that hard , but its ok for the end it uses , especialy if you a little low on end , or in a long fight. for axe use..well I use a clever and a WBA ( both 16,5 dps ) guesse you could dual wield clevers if you wanted , but I would not do it , do the clever WBA combo ( maybe later the new double bladed instead of clever ) and still use a haste bot ..it works ok..or so I heard ;)

Maybe something ell's is better pre rr5 due to not getting full use of the 16.5 dps...

T

taobitzz

I wanted tyrs fury though >< I had it once and liked it loads :eek: with 23 env for second last debuff at rr4 and rest in cs for bubble breaker with no pa. I never ever land pa on stealthers (being on 56k doesnt help im sure ><) and thats who I seem to always end up fighting no matter how hard I try not to ;P and as the str/con debuff nullifies the pa dmg a lot and cd is nearly always blocked/parried/evaded (or people seem a lot quicker at purging cd stun than frosty one to, as they are expecting it )I figure I could live without it, as when I wanna kill casters, just bs with 1 handers then switch to 2 hander with snare for evernight/artic. Also I figured the extra wpnskill might help me when trying to land my frostygaze stun. Ta for reply ^^

D

Damon_D

Hehe aye the combo is nice , I love it on my skald.. Well it might work if you find you dont get the pa in anyway ..more WS is allways nice :)

O

old.Emma

Actually considering this spec for Emma at the moment.

Gonna test it out pend first. only major problem i loose PA/CD (which is damn usefull imho) or i loose all envenom :/

50 Axe
39 LA
34 CS
34 Stealth
4 Envenom \o/

if only we had the extra 453 spec points :/

Would be able to get

50 Axe
39 CS
39 LA
34 Stealth
23 Envenom

/cries at Mythic

T

taobitzz

Oww Emma if you have access can you try the 50 axe/44la and compare with the 50axe/39la and see if there is much diff dmg difference please :) I could live without the 44 la style and just use the tyr/artic combo, but I figured the 44 would help with main hand dmg varience, then id be able to get pa or last str/con at rr5.

G

Gizor

Over to another thing, does anyone know if the Axe & Sword now made Evade-styles are any good ? Emma tested this on US ?

FOA Tao: I'm Spec'd 44Sword 44Laxe 34CS 36Stealth 13envenom atm, and enjoying it so far. (36 stealth so I get 50 stealth at RR4, missing 60k or smt now :) )

(this is lower then rr5 spec tho, so maybe not viable to you, but just wanted to tell)

O

old.Emma

Originally posted by Gizor
Over to another thing, does anyone know if the Axe & Sword now made Evade-styles are any good ? Emma tested this on US ?

FOA Tao: I'm Spec'd 44Sword 44Laxe 34CS 36Stealth 13envenom atm, and enjoying it so far. (36 stealth so I get 50 stealth at RR4, missing 60k or smt now :) )

(this is lower then rr5 spec tho, so maybe not viable to you, but just wanted to tell)

The Axe one is moderatly good. Not bad damage but has no bonus to hit.

The Sword chain is actually nice does decent damage and uses medium end. Sif's Revenge has a medium bleed effect.

Neither are any good for an SB though. But rock on Savages.

O

old.Emma

Not only that, but from 1.65 onwards Sword will actually be a very nice Spec line for both shield tanks and 2h tanks/hybrids.

Reason being Draw Out and Polar Rift have almost identical damage caps (were talking like 4 damage difference) but Draw Out has a high bonus to hit and uses half the end of Polar Rift.

There`s the Evade chain for Savages and a Parry chain for other tanks, although the Block chain is equally as good. Then ofcourse the all singing all dancing Ragnarok (well its ok i suppose).

So for those that wish to change either Hammer or Sword will be the spec of choice in 1.65. If you wish to have access to an evade chain then Sword is the way to go.

B

Borat

I respecced to 50 axe 44 a few days ago, just to try out Tyrs Fury. To soon too tell if im gonna keep that spec, but i have a much bigger chanse against infils, thats for sure.
One thing i find very weird is the dmg variance on havoc and Tyrs Fury. Sometimes Havoc does more dmg than Tyrs, and last night first Tyrs did ~120 dmg, second one did 270 :O (not counting crit).

Also did a quick test with 4.2 main 4.0 offhand, and all i remember is that my offhand cap was ~50 more than when using a 2.9 axe. Think 4.2/4.0 is well worth it with a blue or yellow haste.

Frosty gaze seems to land much more often aswell with high axe spec.

T

taobitzz

owww ty Borat :) wierd variation on the dmg of tyrs hehe but hitting for 270 omg ^^ (maybe str/con debuff wore off or something?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom