SB changes?

zake

Fledgling Freddie
Ive heard that theres SB changes in the next patch? anyone have a link to these patch notes?

Thx in advance

X

xGenocidex

don't have a link but i can remember some of the changes something like:

PA damage increased (for inf and ns also)
2 handed damage greatly increased for critical strike styles (should do sick pa damage with 2handed then i guess) can't remember if there was any others

Herjulf

Banned
Signigicantly increased.

Might go critblade:ish again when this hits.

Jarroman

Fledgling Freddie
there were also some changes on pbt / brittle - land/block from cs styles that used when stealth , can't remember exactly tho

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
Im definitely gonna try dragonfury (5.7spd with mezz venom) pa's again I think when this patch eventually hits us :D

Denarius

Loyal Freddie
Thornea did some testing with fury and 2hand energy sword, overall sunsword won easy, he actually insta killed some poor NS a few weeks back lol, with the new boost in pa with 2h, it will be insane :D

Thornea

Loyal Freddie
Tests done with 50 CS / 50 Sword using Sunsword, 98/101 str...

Attachments

• PA.jpg
    PA.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 116

lpep

Can't get enough of FH
jesus.. so tempted to go 44 crit 44 sword again :p.. would need a nice lgd 2 hander though i think....

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
CB temp is so frickin hard to make :( trying to make one for sun sword atm...but amagad! gifv 400hp 101str and Teh rest :(

/Dracus

lpep

Can't get enough of FH
any thoughts on 50 crit .. 39 sword 34 stealth 34 env at rr 6 ????

Thornea

Loyal Freddie
It appears that the optimum spec of 50 weapon/50 CS only does about an extra 150-200 dmg on a pa over a more friendly spec of 44CS/39la/50-51 composite main hand.

Also best for dps appears to be a fast 2h (as opposed to a slow 2h) for less delay when switching back to 2X 1h for CD (after 2h PA)

Pesonally I loved 2h CB spec, but ultimately it sux big time v any duel wielders and I respecced back to my old 44cs/39 la spec.

Will open with 2h battler then switch back to 2 1handers with new patch staying 44cs/39la.

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
Doubt it matters much when your all zergers anyway:p

Puree

Fledgling Freddie
So infil and NS get PA increase aswell.. How fun, as it is atm my casters Is on about 4% with Pa+CD and I got 1,5k hp and capped resists. Pa froma infil (rr4-rr6) mostly goes for 900+, same with NS. And when 1.82 goes live u can have 1 brittle guard up and 20min time recast, will make casters abit sucky, and now wehn CS stealthed attacks can go through Brittle Guards. Will mainly be 1-2 shooting all around :eek7: And as solo stealthers are extremly rare, even that with new Stealther toys, will make it so much easier for all. Maybe time to xp up a Sb and join the ZeRg fUn! Nerf 1.82

Welcome to Dark age of Stealth and Tank Alot!

Vell

Fledgling Freddie
Puree said:
So infil and NS get PA increase aswell.. How fun, as it is atm my casters Is on about 4% with Pa+CD and I got 1,5k hp and capped resists. And now wehn u can have 1 brittle guard up and 20min time recast, will make casters abit sucky, and now wehn CS stealthed attacks can go through Brittle Guards. Will mainly be 1-2 shooting all around :eek7:

Yes. That's the idea. Solo caster = assassin fodder. That's how it's always meant to have been, and how it was before TOA screwed everything up.

Puree

Fledgling Freddie
Vell said:
Yes. That's the idea. Solo caster = assassin fodder. That's how it's always meant to have been, and how it was before TOA screwed everything up.
Yeah I know, but it still screw up things. I see zerker etc getting killed all days by Infils or NS. And now with increased PA dmg, it will make it even harder for em, ofc this does not include the rr7+ zerks, but how about those under that. I dont really have that much against the increase itself, its just that Infils and NS get it aswell, Sb should get it no doubt about, Sbs have been a sort of gimp stealther, since LA nerf. So Sbs should ofc get more dmg, but I think its wrong on NS and Infils who atm pre 1.80 do insane dmg. When albs had all 3 str relics, My Rm got PAed for 1400 dmg and I got capped thrust, slash, heat, spirit, matter etc. Can u imagine that with PA dmg increase? But well might aswell w8 for 1.82 and see how it's like before we all satrt to whajn or say: WEEEEEEE!!! :)

Thornea

Loyal Freddie
TBH guys dont sweat it too much, the "From Stealth" style dmg increases arnt huge when u consider how much extra hps everyones getting from Darkness Rising (Shield tanks 400hp, assasins 250 etc etc - roughly).. TBH it prolly works out same % dmg per 100% hps as it is now.
But 2h perfs from SBs are another thing alltogether and im interested to see how this pans out. From what I can gather, PAs using 2h on normal 44CS/39 LA specs with increase should match the screenies I posted previously with pure 2h CBs perfing (with good crit) for just shy of 2k dmg.

Getting Remedy (1.82d) accross the board on assasins is nice, but assasinate and shadowstrike being on lvl 35 and 39 stealth respectively is a bit naff for high rr stealthers.. dunno how they thought that one up lol.. currently im 32+18 stealth so wont get either :( (not that I use much, but would have still been nice to have)

Technodave

One of Freddy's beloved
Thornea said:
Tests done with 50 CS / 50 Sword using Sunsword, 98/101 str...

is 1156 your cap then b4 crits? im gonna do some tests on infer find my cap b4 the patch hits us :)

lpep

Can't get enough of FH
Puree said:
So infil and NS get PA increase aswell.. How fun, as it is atm my casters Is on about 4% with Pa+CD and I got 1,5k hp and capped resists. Pa froma infil (rr4-rr6) mostly goes for 900+, same with NS. And when 1.82 goes live u can have 1 brittle guard up and 20min time recast, will make casters abit sucky, and now wehn CS stealthed attacks can go through Brittle Guards. Will mainly be 1-2 shooting all around :eek7: And as solo stealthers are extremly rare, even that with new Stealther toys, will make it so much easier for all. Maybe time to xp up a Sb and join the ZeRg fUn! Nerf 1.82

Welcome to Dark age of Stealth and Tank Alot!
been playing stealther for a long time... since toa its been damn hard work.. time for sb's to have a lil fun :)

Groag

Loyal Freddie
Puree said:
Yeah I know, but it still screw up things. I see zerker etc getting killed all days by Infils or NS. And now with increased PA dmg, it will make it even harder for em, ofc this does not include the rr7+ zerks, but how about those under that. I dont really have that much against the increase itself, its just that Infils and NS get it aswell, Sb should get it no doubt about, Sbs have been a sort of gimp stealther, since LA nerf. So Sbs should ofc get more dmg, but I think its wrong on NS and Infils who atm pre 1.80 do insane dmg. When albs had all 3 str relics, My Rm got PAed for 1400 dmg and I got capped thrust, slash, heat, spirit, matter etc. Can u imagine that with PA dmg increase? But well might aswell w8 for 1.82 and see how it's like before we all satrt to whajn or say: WEEEEEEE!!! :)

The difference is that Zerkers (and casters for that matter) have the option of joining a group, assassins generally don't (except with other stealthers). So, if a class that can get groups choses to solo, he's playing on the stealther's turf and should expect to be at a disadvantage.

Twinky

Fledgling Freddie
Groag said:
The difference is that Zerkers (and casters for that matter) have the option of joining a group, assassins generally don't (except with other stealthers). So, if a class that can get groups choses to solo, he's playing on the stealther's turf and should expect to be at a disadvantage.

couldnt have said it better myself :)

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
allso good remember visible classes, aka zerks etc cannot stealth -> soloing is alott harder what assasins/archers + minstr.
steatlhers make groups, we all have seen those 4+ assasin/archers + minstr groups camping brigdes etc.

atm dont wanna see assasins come same easy mode classes what they was old days, there need be "predator" for these classes, and whit predator dont mean (in mids view of point) RL7+ ml10 etc hunters against infs/ns, ranger is assasin lvl but scout/hunter have alott harder time against same rank assasins.

dont wanna jerk against sb but who have played hunter in frontier know what i mean.

some peeps say this is "love" for hunter because sb numbers gona increase, but i bet every 1 sb who come back + active, theres 5 new infs whit 1win minstr in group.

made my spear valkyrie mainly to hunt assasins, after these changes + how hard its allready (luckily to come here live takes 1/2y easily) dont see how its anymore possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom