saving rm video files

E

evilmonkeh

ok theres this website
metallica-tabs.net that has lessons and the videos are in rm format.
now realplayer plays em, but it takes the time to download em each time and stream, im wondering why icant just save the video it downloads!
anyone know how i can save a streaming video?

many thanks

E

Embattle

Well thats one of the things with streaming video, many sites don't allow you to actually save the video but just play it again and again.

M

Memphis2K

i've just had a quick look at the rm files, it seems you can just download them with a d/l manager (FlashGet, GetRight etc) without any problems, that is assuming your referring to the ones on the Guitar Lessons Page.

X

xane

Personally I recommend Download Mage. with no spyware and completely free. I know you can copy the shortcut of any file and paste it into the download manager direct.

There are tools to get streaming media to save too.

E

evilmonkeh

Originally posted by Embattle
Well thats one of the things with streaming video, many sites don't allow you to actually save the video but just play it again and again.
yeah they might not let me save them, butif realplayer can play them then it is possible, just maybe not directly with realplayer:)

ill try saving it with flashget and maybe other onestoo.
thanks for hlep!

bah bloody space baris a pos here at school. hmmf

S

(Shovel)

If you open the .rm file in Notepad you will find that there is a web address in there with the path to the actual video file. Stick that in a download manager and you may well be able to download it :)

E

evilmonkeh

Originally posted by (Shovel)
If you open the .rm file in Notepad you will find that there is a web address in there with the path to the actual video file. Stick that in a download manager and you may well be able to download it :)
ooooo
ill have to try that

Users who are viewing this thread