Save The Internet.

Joor

Can't get enough of FH
When I talk to people on this forum or on irc, about the total enslavement, the global police state or about the
mainstream media brainwashing us (its happening right infront of your eyes), its hard to beleave for the average
guy who, are more worried about what Mythics plan to nerf next, or what hes last week rp are..
A week ago I saw alex jones report about the internet, and this might also wake you up.

So what they plan to is making a new superfast "internet 2" payed by big Companies like AT&T, Verizon and
BellSouth.
Everything is recorded, censured, no free speech, no control and its the only place where you can send email for
free etc.
There will still be the "old slow net" but, email cost money, no video/audio dl/peer2peer, no radio transmission,
its not allowed - total facism! total control!

So I emailed alex and asked if i could use hes material and cut out the part where he talk about the internet,
and he said it was ok.
Qua isnt that great since I record it with my tvout live( he has 2 weekly report)
I been watching hes reports for months now, and its pissing me of to hear about whats really going on!
http://joorshare.dk/Savetheinet.wmv

You can say whatever you want, point finger at me, laugh - i dont care. But i see this treat as a big problem -
we are loosing our freedom to speech more and more. F.eks, US are monitoring all phone calls, we have chips in
new cars so they can see where we are, we have nationalID card and fingerscans at at public shopping
centers..etc..etc.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
*point*
*laugh*

Well, you asked :D

Anyways, move back to the "old country". We have no problem with the US monitors, except the dell ones, their just crap.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Yeah but dude in the grand scheme of things you are a nobody a nothing, so feel safe in the knowledge that your government really dont give a shit what you do aslong as it is within the boundaries of the law.

Grimnna

Fledgling Freddie
<suddenly feels the need to watch "conspiracy theory" again>

<re-reads the post>

<puts conspiracy theory back in it's box> ...This stuff is better :)

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
This wont be allowed to happen I can tell you that now. I personally will set up arms against them :p

Amanita

Part of the furniture
Well you do know that its all a conspiracy to turn us all into green aliens don't you?

Joor

Can't get enough of FH
This has nothing to do with "conspiracy" its all facts, go do you own research.
Conspiracy is a word they like to use everytime we ask questions.
Like bush say " if your not with us you are against us" .

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
From the pharmecutical companies invasively advertising new medicines for conditions that dont even exist except in the media, to the big oil companies using political turmoil to massively inflate their own profits, the control of the planet is slowly being taken away and is being held by a ever shrinking inner circle.

I dont know how we can take it back though, as the whole system only propgates itself.

Phooka

Fledgling Freddie
Ballard said:
From the pharmecutical companies invasively advertising new medicines for conditions that dont even exist except in the media, to the big oil companies using political turmoil to massively inflate their own profits, the control of the planet is slowly being taken away and is being held by a ever shrinking inner circle.

I dont know how we can take it back though, as the whole system only propgates itself.

it is good you know.. Mankind needs a combined enemy for there 2 be world peace etc ;) Either its a uber multinational, and astroid on collision course too earth ( lol ) or discovery of 'intelectual' life in space... And if it is bad just hope we can stall it untill we r dead and it is no longer of our concern ^^

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Joor raises a very legitimate concern. Im currenty writing a paper that touches on these subjects and its pretty scarey doing the research for it - we arent very far from living in Orwells "1984".

And its not about "you have nothing to fear if you arent a criminal". Its about the government making the assumption that everyone is a criminal and need to be tightly controled and monitored. Its about the loss of personal integrity. Its about the fact corporations can buy legislation and control what you are allowed to do and not do. Our human rights are being whittled away in the name of anti-terrorism and economic growth.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
they also put trackers in your fillings so they can see where you are on the planet.

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
they also put trackers in your fillings so they can see where you are on the planet.

i knew it. thats who the man is that randomly appears, wearing sunglasses and a trenchcoat, and carrying the same newspaper every day...

GReaper

Part of the furniture
I wouldn't worry too much about the net neutrality issue, though we do need to be careful.

For example, would you bother subscribing to an ISP who increases the lag in DAoC because GOA isn't paying them an extra fee? I seriously doubt it. No sane company would ever consider paying the greedy companies to supposedly guarantee a fast connection to their servers, they'd just tell the user to switch ISP.

Someone needs to keep the US telecoms companies in line though, otherwise they'll probably suffer the most when the rest of the world has faster broadband whilst they're stuck with the monopolies trying to grab every bit of profit possible.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
haarewin said:
i knew it. thats who the man is that randomly appears, wearing sunglasses and a trenchcoat, and carrying the same newspaper every day...

Isnt that Bill Gates?

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
im not disagreeing (i cant, i havnt read any facts, therefore im neutral on that subject) but what intrigues me is that he's very manipulative as well. i urge people not to take what he says for "teh goods" but check it out themselves I also agree with GReaper.

We have a problem in denmark with TDC was trying to keep prices on broadband up but the speed down (they owned all the copper in the ground in dk rest of the isp's more or less rents it from them) now more and more companies are doing lightleading (lysleder in danish, if any can translate it correctly please do!) cables and offering "cheap" connections for ze danes.

I think that will happen if, god forbid and i really dont think it will happen, US get monopoly on the internet. Smaller companies will go together and put up their own etc etc.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Think its the same in the UK

Bt owns all of the wires and lets them off as well as running there own isp service

Ezteq

Queen of OT
i really really dont care if someone wants to track and monitor me then more fool them the most excitment there likely to see is a few rude texts/msn's, some very bad dancing and the occasionaly mis sent naked photograph.

i am perfectly willing to give up my "privacy" (although its not like anything i do will end up in the papers tbh and who cares what a bunch of men in suits think) if it means there is a slightly larger chance of preventing things like the 9/11 or 7/7 terrorist attacks happening again, though i actually dont think it will help but it might.

possibly.

maybe? ack who cares.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:

Very funny. Ha. Ha.

Its no-care attitudes like the one prevalent among young people today that allow corporations to rape our civil rights in the manner they are doing at the moment. And trust me, they are. You may think you live free but the truth is we are more shackled today than we were during the dark ages. Only difference is there is no nobility to lord it over us now, just insanely rich moguls with god-delusions, leading their lobbymoney-bought politicians on leashes. At least the nobility of the middle ages lived in fear of God. The "nobility" of today live in fear of noone.

Take a look at this fine example of how our rights of free communication are being fucked up the a... destroyed.
http://www.eff.org/deeplinks/archives/004587.php

Its a new legislation proposal that will ban webradio, make webcasts illegal unless they use DRM technology, and stop people from recording information from the net. Sounds good?

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Thadius said:
Think its the same in the UK

Bt owns all of the wires and lets them off as well as running there own isp service

Not totally true, alot of fibre has been laid by public companies, Fibernet was one in the UK, if my memory serves me correct. Made alot of money on their shares about 10 years ago. They basically laid fibre along side the railway tracks and in metropolitan areas - great idea saved digging up all the roads.

Oftel is the organisation that overlooks BT and UK telcom/ISP in general. They have done alot over the past years to increase competition in the UK market. It won't be too much longer before BT is forced to unlock the local loop and that will create more competition and hopefully lower UK prices.

Countries like UAE where I live are terrible, there is no competition. One provider right now and the cost of a 2 Mb up and 4 Mb down ADSL service is 250 Dirhams p/month (6.3 = 1 GBP). Everything goes through a firewall and many sites are blocked. Including ones like Skype which allows people to communicate cheaply or free.

More on topic - US is using the publics fear of terrorism to bring in many laws and changes that would never have happened otherwise. When everything has calmed down they will again start to think what has been taken away from them and if it was worth it.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Hawkwind said:
More on topic - US is using the publics fear of terrorism to bring in many laws and changes that would never have happened otherwise. When everything has calmed down they will again start to think what has been taken away from them and if it was worth it.

And then it will be too late, if people even start to question. Most people today are sheep, raised on passive entertainment, taught to worship the idols that the mediacorps set up, be content with their lot and stfu. We arent citizens or even humans anymore, we are consumers.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
yea righty ho.......

anyone else here love to be branded?

*bends over*

k bud i got a lil space free on my right buttock.

*hisssss*

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Raven said:

Yeah i got one of them, but he also put in an IPOD Nano :)

Calaen

Fana said:
You may think you live free but the truth is we are more shackled today than we were during the dark ages.

No there are just more sensible laws in practice, we are also now a society rather than just having rich people then everyone else eating shit.

Fana said:
Its a new legislation proposal that will ban webradio, make webcasts illegal unless they use DRM technology, and stop people from recording information from the net. Sounds good?

There will always be ways around it dont worry.

Calaen

Fana said:
And then it will be too late, if people even start to question. Most people today are sheep, raised on passive entertainment, taught to worship the idols that the mediacorps set up, be content with their lot and stfu. We arent citizens or even humans anymore, we are consumers.

I dont worship anyone. There is nothing wrong with being content with your lot, jesus there are kids dying weeks into there lives of disease and starvation. How could I not be content with my fairly comfortable lifestyle. If I want/need something I will buy it. Isnt it my right to be content with my life even if your not with yours?

Im like Eztec I dont care about them watching me, they could be watching far more interesting people though. I am sure they would soon get bored and leave me alone, if this decreases the chances of another terrorist attack by 1% its wortth it for me.

Amanita

Part of the furniture
I wonder, how many of you are actually being prevented doing what you want to? My quality of life hasn't changed, I don't feel "shackled" or "trod down" or anything.

I think folks are forgetting how flipping lucky they are that they're not too busy worrying about getting food into their mouths or a roof over their head to whine about their human rights getting infringed.

Yeah, yeah. Call me a sheep or brainwashed or whatever but its all those "omg! Fight for our freeeeedom m8s" people that are making me start taking this stance, because thus far I do not see what you're complaining about.

Eyres

Banned
Chronictank said:
Its a very long winded description of Net Neutrality where ISP's are being given the right to block/slow down network traffic to certain websites/networks.
Our favorite ninja explains it better:
http://www.youtube.com/v/H69eCYcDcuQ

if thats the video joors slow host had..... well i hope it was or joor turned stupid :p

Joor

Can't get enough of FH
Fana said:

That is so true..sheeps! brainwashed from kindergarden to uni, then following the same patteren everyday til you die..
Its sad I still see ppl who think some arabs attacked US 9/11 2001.
Its amasing what the media can do eh?
Wake up! they are using the publics fear of terrorism, to attack iraq, to give up your human rights, to accept everthing that help the "war on terrorism" .
Go watch V for Vendetta movie, we might end up living in a world like that.
http://prisonplanet.com/articles/may2006/150506blairslegacy.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom