Save the dragons

arl_dem

Fledgling Freddie
Hi all

I just posted next week's dragon raid and something funny occured to me :)
When I booked the dragons on both servers in the "dragon-and-sidi-announcements"-post, I saw a post of Talsar booking ALL wednesdays till the end of the year.

Heheh, quite funny to see though.

Anyway, I started my raids, 'cause no one was holding ANY dragon hunts.
Talsar just claimed that from now on, there will be raids for sure. (nice one btw)
So, there is no real reason for me to do weekly dragon raids also.
We don't want dragons to get extinct :D

Next week will be my last public dragon raid.
The weeks after that I'll put up a post asking which raids are needed.
I'll make a list of 'em and do those raids instead.

So next week a dragon hunt on tuesday 6/6/6 (-> devils sign), other weeks I might be hosting a ML-raid, dungeon-raid or maybe still a dragon raid, we'll see :)

I invite all players to join me on friday to defeat the Avalon dragon and on tuesday the 2 regular Dragons.
We still have to make loads of fun.

Kind regards to all :worthy:

Cabalist Calea

ps if u already got some ideas of future raids, you can already post 'em here

Zede

Part of the furniture
repop is 0-24 hours, so np

Was doing lotto on a Last Watch dragon hunt ages ago, and fluffy repopped - double the stones, yipee !

zarza

Fledgling Freddie
Talsar raids is "for experienced Dragon Raiders Only, if you have not attended a Dragon Raid before, don’t sign up, as your inexperience will wipe the Raid out."

I couldnt go to any of ur dragon raids...but would like...trying to find time for that.

Corran

Part of the furniture
wonder if i can book it for the other 6 days for the rest of the year then!

Loranthas

Fledgling Freddie
Well all your raids were fun calea, everything was funny and you gave a chance to classes with weird spec to participate and have a chance to get a respec stone. Talsars raids as mentioned above are for experieced players and even by signing up it doesent guarantee you a spot. Sounds tricky.

I think you are doing a great job leading these raids, and honestly its a great chance for new players to attend a raid. Keep up the good work.

Vandrakken

Fledgling Freddie
I'll prob start to run some open golly raids if Calea wants to take a break :] done enough now to know more or less how it works. Shame that Xanxicar hardly drops anything decent or I would run regular raids on him too :|

arl_dem

Fledgling Freddie
zarza said:
Talsar raids is "for experienced Dragon Raiders Only, if you have not attended a Dragon Raid before, don’t sign up, as your inexperience will wipe the Raid out."

I couldnt go to any of ur dragon raids...but would like...trying to find time for that.

Heheh :) as I mentioned in my post, I'll still hold Dragon Raids if people want to.
So no worries, all 'll get some stones eventually

Cyo :worthy:

Mumbly

Loyal Freddie
Keep yours going pleeeeeaase Talsar's ones are sooo leetist (aka Gimped for ppl that dont have the classes HE wants)

Tip

One of Freddy's beloved
Talsar's Raids have always been run on Wednesdays for as long as i can remember, so booking a year in advance would be for the benefit of those that dont know im guessing :)

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Mumbly said:
Keep yours going pleeeeeaase Talsar's ones are sooo leetist (aka Gimped for ppl that dont have the classes HE wants)

Thats a load of shit TBH

So your saying take 5 necros, 1 paladin and a cleric and you will win! :/

Talsars method is tried and tested, hes being doing them for ages(which is a little scary! :fluffle:) and I dont think he has failed once at the dragon

Loranthas

Fledgling Freddie
Thadius said:
Thats a load of shit TBH

Its always good to actually read what people write and reply. He didn't write anything like that. On the other hand a signup that guarantees nothing even when meeting every requirement is a bit unreasonable. We did a DR with less than 3 fgs 1 cleric , 1 bb and a 20 lvl new player attending the fight (from afar :p) so ....

Ofc every raid leader has the privilege of running his raid as he likes, still we can have an opinion in these odd parts of the rules.

Vandrakken

Fledgling Freddie
Thadius said:
Thats a load of shit TBH

Talsars method is tried and tested, hes being doing them for ages(which is a little scary! :fluffle:) and I dont think he has failed once at the dragon

In a bid to lick some major ring u just owned urself..

Amanita

Part of the furniture
When this raid setup began (with slight variations) was necessary. There used to be an ungrouped Sorcerer to provide POM to the entire raid as well, before ToA hit.

Now with all the new ToA additions, artifacts, the fact that people are generally higher realm rank you CAN do it with less and different setups. More than 25 people on the Dragon at once makes things difficult which is why the traditional setup that Talsar runs with was first devised.

Now the DR has become more ritualistic than "elitest", the Wednesday DR Squad (WDS? ^^) has become a sub-community with a bunch of regulars who have gotten to know each other through the dragon raids.

So, its not FFA. Neither are a lot of other sign up raids that happen on this forum but not one of them gets the flak that Talsar does over sticking to what he likes to do. Because no one else has run a regular raid for as long as he has, and understandably all us "Talsar cronies" :)fluffle: Talsar, I love you!) feel loyal to this guy.

Now, while Talsar's raids were the only ones going yeah, it kinda sucked for you guys who aren't regulars but you do have the choice of joining the BG in the hopes of being a replacement. Thats exactly how I became a regular in the first place and I started off playing my theurgist.

Its wonderful that other leaders have finally decided to take matters into their own hands and start running raids in the manner that suits them, but please fgs leave our little traditional raid alone. You have other options now and if you cannot attend any of the other raids being run please consider organising your own raid and stop bitching about Talsar's.

He's a fantastic guy and just does not deserve all your stomach acid.

Dorimor1

Banned
They're not elitist. People just seem to be angry that they didn't get picked once and give up....

BlackrazoR

Fledgling Freddie
Mumbly said:

Seriously don't say anything against Talsar, he is one of the legends of the game and has been a service to Alb/Pryd for as long as I can remember. His raids are set-up the way he wants with the classes and people he wants - he is leading so thats fair enough. If you think that the raid is 'leetist' then why do I get on it? :p Talsar likes to use the same people again and again as they do they job and he knows it. BTW 100% success rate :) .

arl_dem

Fledgling Freddie
Amanita said:
He's a fantastic guy and just does not deserve all your stomach acid.

Could not agree more :)
I don't know Talsar, but the things I heard about him.
One of those Albion Soldiers who everyone knows

I think the real intention of this post went the wrong way :)

Just wanted to say to all that I might change raids in the near future.
As there IS a GOOD alternative to my raids -> Talsar's ones.

I will probably hold more DR's, but like all players :D I love a change every now and then.

Heheh so just quit all of this and just say what kind of raids you'd like to have in the future :D so we can keep the fun in the raids

Greetz Cabalist Calea

Rhori

Fledgling Freddie
BlackrazoR said:
If you think that the raid is 'leetist' then why do I get on it? :p
Well we need to take one gimp with us :p
Just kidding ofcourse ;)

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Vandrakken said:
In a bid to lick some major ring u just owned urself..

How so?

Talsars raids, as Amanita rightly puts it, are a sub community

I think of every raid he runs, 80-90% of the people are regulars

Call it what you will, its more of a social gathering than anything really serious :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom