savages

C

case-rigantis

just wondering why they on tank damage and hitpoint table?

aren`t they a hybrid?

J

Jonaldo

They're on overpowered fotm table :D

Well officially they can't cast any spells, but then those little self-buff things that cost HP instead of mana. I dunno, Mythic went a bit wrong somewhere but I can't blame most mids for rolling one while they can deal damage the way they do.

S

stunned

Use skills and tactics to beat them. Its working as intended. :)

C

case-rigantis

Originally posted by stunned

which skills and tactics work best against a class that can take down the best defensive class in the game in 10 seconds?

J

Jonaldo

I have no skills :( except making fantastic avatars :eek:

C

case-rigantis

Originally posted by Omniscieous
I have no skills :( except making fantastic avatars :eek:

thats a sweet avatar gotto admit seriously though i don`t want this to be some sort of whine thread was just interested in the reasoning really and wondered if anyone actually knew why

perhaps it`s a mistake who knows seems it must be tbh since all over hybrids are on hybrid table yet savage is on tank table

O

old.mattshanes

Also thanes are on rogue weaponskill table when they are hybrids :/

C

case-rigantis

also realised whilst thinking about this savages get cheap purge for 4 points and determination

surely being a hybrid just like ALL other hybrids they should have this removed?

N

naetha

Originally posted by case-rigantis
also realised whilst thinking about this savages get cheap purge for 4 points and determination

surely being a hybrid just like ALL other hybrids they should have this removed?

But they don't get prevent flight, which all other pure tanks (ie ones that have access to determination) get...

Seems like this is yet another one of daoc's half thought through classes :rolleyes:

E

Ekydus

They should be a hybrid. They use a magical ability "Savagery", although it could be argued as just an "ability" like "Dirty Tricks", which is the reason why they get it in their ability line instead of magic, which means they don't get a power bar; which also means they are not hybrids. However, to combat the casting of these abilities instead of power, it costs life.

D

Dorin

use skills (roll a savage) and tactics (get 3dahealers+other fotms+shaman+skald and WTFPwn)

the mid solution for 1.62

alb hib solution: whine till mythic nerfs mids again .d

M

Mid - Kirinia

Gotta agree here, even though I'm a mid and want them to own all you silly albs and hibs.

Savages have messed mid around. In a nutshell - Mythic want people to buy SI; so they put savages in it. Savages are a fotm-players dream class.

Zerkers and thanes are pointless.

Skalds are essential as long as there is one per 8 people, anymore are pointless.

Warriors are now popular due to determination.

Savages are wanted by everyone.

(yes it should be a spell line and not an ability line)

C

Caeli

Savages aren't hybrids. Hybrids get spells, savages get abilities. But they're not quite a tank either.
Cba to look for it but Mythic said as much, they're not tanks, they're not hybrids.

Now let the savagewhine continue. <grabs a bag of popcorn to watch the whiners>

O

old.mattshanes

But they have hybrid weaponskill as h2h? not 2h though.

P

Petronella

Originally posted by old.mattshanes

Yeah! Thane "Love" in 1.65 was okay... but not enough :(

P

Petronella

Originally posted by old.mattshanes

Yeah! Thane "Love" in 1.65 was okay... but not enough :(

A

Ardrias_Mid

We got Savages to make up for our other shit classes. Your fault for being armorless greycons and whining.

S

stunned

Originally posted by Caeli
. Now let the savagewhine continue. <grabs a bag of popcorn to watch the whiners>

My guess is you will do alot of popcorn eating in the future when theres noone left to wtfpwn.

P

Petronella

What Faderullan said, and Thane changes are enough, just not for RvR groups ;)

C

Caeli

My guess is you will do alot of popcorn eating in the future when theres noone left to wtfpwn.
Nah. I'll be out wtfpwning with my fotm SB. *cough*

S

stunned

Originally posted by Caeli
Nah. I'll be out wtfpwning with my fotm SB. *cough*

I heard it was raining in Sidney yesterday.

A

Ardrias_Mid

I'll follow you, and track you down in your postfarming steps mister Cush!

S

scarffs

Why are you al complaining ? In a duel, no way a savage can consistently beat an equal rr heavy tank !
And savages are light tanks, like mercs and bm's who also have access to cheap ras and also have stuff like triple wield, dirty tricks etc...
And savagery is needed because savages, with hth alone would be o so worthless. A hit without triple / quad sucks bigtime, especiall at the normal weapon speed.

say what you want, they're an ok class !

I guess there will be whines about mids light tanks no matter what. Well, in six months or so, the whiners will get savages nerfed, but tbh, who cares ?

C

Cush

Originally posted by scarffs
Why are you al complaining ? In a duel, no way a savage can consistently beat an equal rr heavy tank !

duel and rvr are 2 very different things

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom