Savages why so few?

Vireb

Fledgling Freddie
Hi all just a question i have been wondering while leveling my new savage alt (Zebadee if you seen me about) and Why are there so few savages active in rvr?
I know pve is not the same as rvr, but the rate at level 40 that my savage rips stuff apart is sick, is a banelord Zerk really that much more of a damage dealer? is charge really that great (never played a char with it)? I fail to see why so few savages active in rvr and expect numbers to rise again with 1.76 when det comes back. any views on this discuss etc :)
Also would apreciate advice on specs and items/artis to get at moment i am looking at 50 hth 39 savagery rest parry , thinking of getting battler and just have in 2h slot for the charge. Thanks for any advice really loving this class at moment reccomend to people who want to see overpowered melee at least in solo pve (buffed ofc)

balkeriz

One of Freddy's beloved
Savages are nerfed to hell... And the RA's are totaly fucked up..... They dont even have Charge and the self boffs are killing you before you know of it. They are no good solo only in a grp........

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
mostly because their ml choice and ra choices - they still hit like trucks and if they had same choices as zerkers they would probably be included in every setup.

Brite

Banned
charge is great and so is banelord

they can do damage but any good group will have it perma grappled and it wont be able to do a thing

Faelinor

Fledgling Freddie
Vireb, 44 weapon 49 savagery is the best savage spec around. I'd reccomend getting SoM, 2 x Salamander tails, or 1 x Salamander tail and a ml10 greave if your going hth, also battler is nice to have but not a neccessity :) .. get items that overcap your strength and dexterity .. a few good examples are battler studded sleeves (cinder tainted ones), Naxos abalone bracer, Belt of the brute, Ceremonial bracer. ummm GoV/GsV for hauberks imo, but if you like i can sell ya the TG savage vest for real cheap ( got a nice 180 heal proc)

any other qs post here of pm me :)
Rasta.

Faelinor

Fledgling Freddie
yeah, although to be honest, i wouldn't expect to get many, or any opted rvr groups .. its a shame but we dont have the tools that other mid classes have, to perform better in fg vs fg.

Anarch

Fledgling Freddie
you will se more savages in 1.76 whit det boost inc etc.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Indeed. If the new Determination changes go in unmodified, Savages will be speccing high Determination very early (unlike Berserkers, who "have to" invest a lot of points into Charge). Savages will then be quite the unCCable killing machines of old. As for ML paths, you definitely should go Warlord, the ML10 abs PBAE shout is quite uber for a melee group going up against other melee groups.

Faelinor

Fledgling Freddie
aye, my point was that at the moment i wouldn't expect to get into many rvr groups, with 1.76, because of the fact that we get bollocks ras,we can get det5 asap and not gimp ourselves, or greatly alter the way we play and kill shit - where as berserkers, as belo said - need to lose charge3, which will open them up to a lot more cc and difficulty reaching targets.

Can't wait for 1.76 myself like :D

Osri

Fledgling Freddie
Berzu is good, those BL pbaoe interrupts/debuffs rox in fg/solo fighting along with vendo.
Even if grappled tnx for tendrils biggy range u can drag yourself to better place and interrupt enemy castings & hinder movement.

Will see if I get myself pve motivated and get last scrolls for Osriig... :eek7:

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
Savages are hybrids (mythic statement), but they got left out when hybrid RA's were being sorted. As far as mythic is concerned, savages and paladins are in the same class category, but as far as armor, dmg output, stats are concerned we're much more of a light tank, although we got pretty much no light tank RA's and no hybrid RA's. When fireing 3-4 shouts every 15sec it rips through your hp faster than you can say mamma and that takes a good healer to make up for, especially if you're being hit/nuked at the same time.
I put my savage on the shelf when I made my RM, and then I got bored of that and started playing WoW. I still "miss" playing savage, as it's really my fav class of all in the entire game, but as much as the nerf was needed, it really was a bit too big. I rarely ever see a quad anymore, and if I do I miss 3 of the hits anyway, I've seen many mincers who hit harder than I do, and my template is pretty damn good. I just hope you made troll as it's really the best race for savage, both stat-wise and when it comes to chosing a spec, 2h or h2h. High str < all

For equipment I really wouldn't leave out snakecharmers.. it has good ToA bonusses and awesome utility (like 7x 4% resists) and spd4.0 isn't that bad either. I use snakecharmers + sally tail in my build. Naxos bracer is too low on until imho and the 2% melee spd is utter shit for a savage, get cere str bracer and maybe ebon hide, it's quested sure, but util is quite good.

Of course these are just my observations and opinions from playing savage for about 2 years (when did SI hit the stores?) in both pvp and pve. It's a damn fine class and very fun to play, but I'll never forgive mythic for nerfing taunt shout :twak:

Jimmae

One of Freddy's beloved
i've respecced Timmae to 44 hammer now, norse so only about 365 str, but he hits insanely hard, i hit randominfil for 788 uncrit the other day, then giggled insanely for 5 mins in /gu about it.

savage is definatley a fun class to play, just atm, it doesnt have much of a role in an rvr group, if you want a bg'er you go warrior, if you want light tank you go zerker, if you want a toon that can do both but neither as well as a dedicated, got savage! :s

Osri

Fledgling Freddie
Jimmae said:
i've respecced Timmae to 44 hammer now, norse so only about 365 str, but he hits insanely hard, i hit randominfil for 788 uncrit the other day, then giggled insanely for 5 mins in /gu about it.

savage is definatley a fun class to play, just atm, it doesnt have much of a role in an rvr group, if you want a bg'er you go warrior, if you want light tank you go zerker, if you want a toon that can do both but neither as well as a dedicated, got savage! :s

Harhar 408 str on osriig atm...434 with full toa set...E-peen cut: cba with pve :mad: (or mebbe some sunny sunday)

Jimmae

One of Freddy's beloved
pfft :( i rolled Tim for h2h spec, all points into dex :( but got bored of it! 2h looks cooooooler

Faelinor

Fledgling Freddie
ah but naus .. CB has good utility? i think not.
Naxos has 8 str overcap, and 42 hits overcap .. which is pretty nice if you can fix resists etc with temp with other such low util items (not that hard :))

as for snakecharmers, util is nice but not essential in a weapon slot .. the extra .4 spd damage makes a pretty big notable difference with offhand damage. The charge on snakecharmers is nice, but personally i'd prefer to use my battler debuff instead :)

Litmus

Resident Freddy
nerfed to fuck mainly :<

only takes 2hits to take chain users down now :<

Killswitch

FH is my second home
Rolling a Sav as my first Pryd/Mid toon. Not looking forward to trying to get enough RSPs for Det5 without a GG, but I still think Savages have a part to play in good groups.

I like a challenge and so far (PvE to 39) I'm really enjoying the class. I'm thinking that a few of the problems Savs have can be partially avoided with the right gear (although I'm hardly an expert). I'm thinking two 4.x speed greaves with LT proc (if I hit 1.57 times a swing, I should get enough procs to help cover the cost of the Savagery buffs). CB and/or GoLM for the mezz/stun blockers, heal charges on gear and/or heal reactives (givf TG Savage top imo!) would also be pretty useful.

It seems to be hard to balance the Class Archetype of insane, raging, massive DPS with the survivability/viability of the class for solo or open-field play, but I'm sure it can be done.

I'll have a play with some templates when I get my head around this whole "Midgard" thing and post 'em up on here for review.

Personally, I reckon Mythic should get their heads out of their collective arseholes and either say "Savage is a Hybrid" so shouts use power and give us access to hybrid RAs OR "Savage is a light tank" and give us access to Charge. The way it stands is a little embarassing to be honest, a studded-wearing melee class with no access to;

Banelord
Charge
Reflex Attack

is a little lame when compared to, I don't know, a Vampiir or something. That said, if I can get a template with all useful stuff capped (overcapped if possible), a heal charge item, 2 LT weapons and either one or two mezz/stun-blockers, I reckon I could be in business.

If not, I'll just roll a Bonedancer and annoy Warders and Brehons!!:flame:

To summarize, the Savage is NOT a dead class until I say so (and I won't be making any judgements until I get to 50 and play one in RvR!).

BTW I'm looking to buy (cheap, since I'm new to the realm);

Savage Epic
TG Savage Vest
Two Arcanium Claws of the Zenith (I think...10str/10con cap + lifedrain proc)

Can pay very little on Mid/Pryd but quite a lot on Alb/Excal if you have thid toons there or want to roll a FOTM Sorc/Reaver/Scout for the clustering!!

Thanks for listening...feel free to flame me or set me straight about anything I've said above. I really wouldn't have rolled a Sav if I thought there was no point...and they seem like a really fun class :)

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
Litmus said:
nerfed to fuck mainly :<

only takes 2hits to take chain users down now :<

says mister i rerolled when LA nerf patch came in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom