Savaged to Death

T

Turamber

Bettina, Onslaught's level 50 savage (gratz by the way!), killed my paladin tonight while her guild were taking an Alb keep. Anyway she did amazing amounts of damage to him but just about died - though it took a faith heal to keep myself and her other two attackers alive (!).

After she died some poison, or dot proc, killed me. This was reported as being an xp death - and it cost me gold to buy back constitution.

Well (1) what the hell was that proc/dot/poison that killed me and (2) is this a known bug?

A

Ardrias_Mid

If you die from a DoT, after your attacker dies, you get expdeath. And yes, it's a known bug :p

E

eynar

Hehe, looking at your grave as I'm writing this :clap:

O

old.Hardbein

DOT Proc on both her weapons....99.9% sure.

M

Mikal

wouldn't it be a bit silly to put DOT procs on a the weapons of a savages, especially if it's one using 2h2 weapons. I mean at the speed they attack and the amounts of attacks they make, chances are very big that they'll get off a second proc before the first one has worn away, lowering their efficiency quite a bit.

I mean, if you got two dot procs off after each other, only the last one will have full effect, the first one will only tick once, or not at all if they both come off in the same round. And if you make 3-4 attackes every 2 seconds, chances of this happening are quite big.
or did I get something wrong ?

oh and grats on 50 I guess Bettina, although you have been for a while now :)

M

mark-

Originally posted by Mikal
wouldn't it be a bit silly to put DOT procs on a the weapons of a savages, especially if it's one using 2h2 weapons. I mean at the speed they attack and the amounts of attacks they make, chances are very big that they'll get off a second proc before the first one has worn away, lowering their efficiency quite a bit.

I mean, if you got two dot procs off after each other, only the last one will have full effect, the first one will only tick once, or not at all if they both come off in the same round. And if you make 3-4 attackes every 2 seconds, chances of this happening are quite big.
or did I get something wrong ?

True, I'm still undecided what to do.. currently I'm still using my exp'ing armour.. not got epic and not SC'd my 99 stuff (still waiting for weaps to be made). These current h2h weaps have spirit DD procs on them, and they do go off a hell of a lot each fight

A

Artemls

Thing with DoT procs is that they work even if a DoT is already on target, it proc and restart the 5 tics so it's good with it on both.

S

Shike

Imho, dotproccs are best for fasthitting classes like assassins, rangers, savages and alikes, since the chanse for a DoTprocc to go off is about 5% instead of the regular 10% for "normal" proccs afaik.

L

living

Mikal - The faster u hit the lower chances are to proc.. Ive read that somewhere on some FAQ! Still my zerker can proc up to 4 times in a 1v1 fight :)

O

old.Emma

hehe that was a cool fight then :D just a shame my RA`s aren`t gimped thanks to the slight mess up at Mythic :/.

If i had been able to buy ip i think i would have killed you and possible the friar if not all the 3.

btw i have dot procs on both weapons (they fire off like crazy) as well as 3 dot reactives on my armour and 3 ablative.

sorry to hear about the xp death though :/ that kinda sucked... but nothing i or you could have done about that really.. should have told the friar to stop fighting and heal :p

T

Turamber

Originally posted by old.Emma
should have told the friar to stop fighting and heal :p

An Alb heal? Never! :p

Incredible damage output from those Savages - took me through two health bars AND when I faith healed the other guys had taken a bit of a beating too.

Hopefully if I can get a realm respec stone in a future patch I will be able to put up a better fight - though somehow I doubt it. Paladin's (particularly chant specced ones like myself) are more of a group friendly tank than a 1v1 duelist.

Most of my time these days is spent on my matter cabalist alt and some battleground alts, hard to motivate myself with my gimpy paladin :(

He only has 10 gold so had to ask a friend to bung me the cash to buy back constitution! Epic armour, 2nd hand weapon and dropped shield just doesn't do the business in RvR anymore ... if I do get a realm respec I will also need to get him some new kit.

Personally I think casters are much more fun, and cheaper, to play!!

Anyway ... very impressed with your class and your abilities, just hit someone else next time please ;)

Users who are viewing this thread