Savage

Cask

Fledgling Freddie
Official release date for the European version is Friday but copies seem to be turning up already. Check out the screenshots on the Official Site if you like the sound of a team based FPS with some RTS and RPG elements. Jolt opened a bunch of new servers so plenty of space for the growing community to expand into.

And if that isn't enough to tempt you to buy it then take a look at the Samuri Wars mod that is included in the European edition box and will be downloadable for those that have already bought the game.

leggy

Probably Scottish
I have been thinking about this since I first head about it. The only thing that is holding me back is the ever increasing number of fuckwits that play online. If we get enough peeps from here together then I may buy it.

jaba

Fledgling Freddie
I tried the demo and liked the look of it....for the 10 seconds that it worked before a)either crashing my machine or b) disconnected itself...not sure if this was my machine or it had shoddy netcode. I posted on their web forums but I had no reply so i gave up trying

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
i bought it but i wish i had played the demo first :( also the mod that comes on the bonus disk is bugged, you cant play on any server with it. you have to actually find a link to download a working version.

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
I've been playing it since October.

The mod that came with the euro version is buged, but it is being worked on.
Savage is a great game, and s2 are nice people.

Great game just needs a kick up the arse to get noticed, and that can be hard with such a small dev team.

If you want to try a unique gameplay mix of fps/rts then try the Savage demo.

Just been upgraded to 2.0, massive patch, about 75mb i think.

It would also be nice to play with some fellow freddys, as i think retail players can still play on the demo servers ;)

leggy

Probably Scottish
I bought the game on friday and have given it a brief going over. I had no idea what was going on but it looked pretty. Runs very well on my machine too. I axed some monkeys in the head and quit. Will have a proper go tonight.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
deacan, if youve played it since october then do you know any good servers? and by good i mean - the commander doesnt call everyone a noob, the players dont call everyone a noob, the commander commands and not just tells you to "stfu" when you ask for orders and most importantly where people actually work as a team and dont spawn 10 behemoths and waste 75k gold just cos "they look good"

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
One really good server is the Black Knights server.

Its not in europe, so i get about 150 ping.

But its worth it, they have lots of rules to stop lamers, often a admin on, and sometimes they do public teamspeak.

Lots of people who can't stand the bull shit of some of the servers go here, but its often full, it can be hard to get in some times.

The Mutiplayer.co.uk servers can be fun aswell, as the admin scaryfairy often plays.

Behemoths are a bit of a gamble, as they score about 5k gold on 1 hit, but half the time they never make to to the buildings.

But i've been in some games with a nice sneak sub-lair behemoth crush *mwahah*

granny

Fledgling Freddie
I've just downloaded the demo, will give it a try this evening if I get a chance.

How n00b friendly is it?

Cask

Fledgling Freddie
Long as you don't go commander you shouldn't get any hassle. Since the Euro release the servers have been flooded with newbies so you won't be the only one. The only really bad thing you can do is sit around killing monkits all game so avoid that and make lemming runs on the enemy force and you'll fit right in :p

granny

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah I spectated a couple of games, had nfi wtf was going on but noticed that there was always a few guys how did nothing except kill beasties all game. And they were the ones who got abuse hurled at them so I decided that was not a good way to play :p

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
Its funny on the squadgames server.

They moded the chiprels so they have tons of heath and do tons of damage.

Atleast ever game you get someone yelling "wtf this chiprel just owned me"

Users who are viewing this thread