Savage Weapon Proc's

S

shatar

My up and coming savage will, if all goes well, soon hit 50 and I have my entire mp set just sitting in vault waiting for me. But now I have begun pondering what proc's to put on my weapons, hth weapons btw.
Should I go 2 dd's, say cold and energy (heck everything will most likely have capped resists so it doesn't matter), or should I go for i af proc and one dd?? DoT proc's are usually sweet but they are a bit destructive against cc and Id rather max dmg output in frontload instead of over time.
Tip's and feedback welcome :clap:

R

Risinn

Don't get a cold proc if you ever intend on going on a TG raid.

I'd get two dd's, it's ok to have an af proc on armor but you want maximum damage output to be quicker taking down enemy support.

And btw, MP armor is overkill for a h2h savage, easy to cap everything with 99% armor and good quest items.

S

svartmetall

I went for DOT on mainhand and Spirit DD on offhand (Spirit mainly 'cos I like the purple plasma splat effect when it fires :) ), seems to work well :).

W

Whisperess

I went with a mend-proc on each weapon, works fine as well :p

S

shatar

No cold procs, might be a good idea if I ever choose to bring this guy to a TG raid, even though cold proc looks cool. Energy and Spirit then, don't really like the heat proc visual.
MP armor is never overkill, always mp forever! Don't ever do anything halfheartedly imo.
Two mend proc's would be sweetah but no thx, don't have the energy to hunt around for em. Might as well say two lifedrains instead, just as easy to get.
More input, come on all you savages out there :clap:

W

Whisperess

Originally posted by shatar
Two mend proc's would be sweetah but no thx, don't have the energy to hunt around for em. Might as well say two lifedrains instead, just as easy to get.
Seeing as how mend procs are way way way better than lifedrains - I'd say 'no, not as well'.

Why are they better?

1. They can't be resisted
2. The life you get won't be dependant on your targets resist value
3. They can't be resisted
4. They heal for more.
5. They can't be resisted.

But I think you get the idea now ;)

S

shatar

1. Agreed
2. Agreed
3. Agreed
4. Agreed
5. Agreed
But it still doesn't stop the fact that it's nearly impossible to get a hold of em. The thing about "as well taking lifedrains" was hinting at the rarity of such procs in general, be they mend or lifedrains.
And one thing that puts lifedrains up from mendings are, They do dmg AND heal you, even though way less.

W

Whisperess

Originally posted by shatar
And one thing that puts lifedrains up from mendings are, They do dmg AND heal you, even though way less.
Not like I need that extra wimpy damage on my savage ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom