Savage taunt nerf!!?

C

chimaira

the idea of making it castable is shit.

1. they could get castable knives/hammers as rest of mid tanks.
2. could still be insta and not interupt. THO that might scare casters anyway.
3. WHY not making it NON USEABLE vs Realm enemie targets.

I play alb so ofc I like a mid nerf. but that 2 sec cast is a joke.

L

living

Well its a nerf in pve.. now they gotta get out of combat.. wait 3 secs.. THEN cast the spell to get aggro of healers :)

C

chimaira

Keep it instant but remove it from being useable in rvr.

IMO

D

Danya

Originally posted by living
Well its a nerf in pve.. now they gotta get out of combat.. wait 3 secs.. THEN cast the spell to get aggro of healers :)
Or use a taunt style :eek:

S

svartmetall

Originally posted by chimaira
Keep it instant but remove it from being useable in rvr.

IMO
Making it a castable spell is ridiculous. We're tanks, not casters, ffs!

C

Cush

Aint realy a nerf in pve. Actualy makes it better since now you are able to taunt more then one mob that is inc before they reach you/group members. And if you are in melee with the mob just use your taunt styles. Hard enough as h2h savage to not get aggro in pve so getting it aint realy a problem.

K

katt!

Originally posted by svartmetall

rofl, are you the one making those idiotic savage threads on vnboards?

T

Tafaya Anathas

there were 2 options to balance (nerf in Midgard) savages, one was the taunt shout nerf, the other was removing cheap tank RAs. So whine about taunt shout nerf and maybe Mythic will choose the other option :)

K

klavrynd

we're now even worse casters then nightshades!

T

Tafaya Anathas

Originally posted by klavrynd

casters? remove cheap RAs at once!!!!! :)

J

Jiggs

all savages should be forced to play mentalism mentalists for six months

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by klavrynd
"we're" ?

You supposed to have quit, damn hamsters.

S

Sard-Nair

Savages dont need nerfing, wtf, goa?
nerf necromancers!:clap:

but its casting time of 2secs, + dex buffs = fast cast...

K

kirennia

and insta pulling spells are for hybrids.....you wanna trade your taunt shout for cheap RA's? :p

S

svartmetall

Originally posted by kirennia
and insta pulling spells are for hybrids.....you wanna trade your taunt shout for cheap RA's? :p
Good god, even more Savage RA whines?

Savages wanted the interrupt element taken out of the taunt shout, that's all Mythic had to do. Would stop it interrupting casters in RvR, which was the ONLY problem anyone had with it.
Now they've fucked it up royally by giving us a cast, which no-one wanted and doesn't fit the class at all. Crazy.

And if you want to whine (yet AGAIN) about Savages having tank RAs, get this through your head: Savages do melee damage only. So we are tanks. Our selfbuffs are just that, SELFbuffs.
An insta taunt doth not a hybrid make. When Savages can heal themselves, when they can heal their group, when they can REZ people, when they can buff their entire group (both for resists and damage add), when we get lifetaps, when we can snare/disease/DOT our targets, when they can remove poisons/diseases...if we could do ANY of those, a case might be made for us being hybrids.

But we can't. We just hit people.

So we're not hybrids. We're tanks. Just try and deal with it.

So next time a Friar, or a Paladin, or a Valewalker or anyone else whines about Savages' "cheap" (i.e. they cost us just the same as any other tank, it's not like we get a special cheaper-than-anyone-else rate) RAs, gently remind them about all the nifty hybrid stuff they can do (heals, rez, purge, DOTs/diseases/snares, group buffs etc) that Savages can't.

Facts, huh? Awkward things, I know.

And BTW, what's "idiotic" about asking for Tank WS for a...wait for it..TANK!...huh? You know, what with us being tanks, and all, like I just pointed out.

C

chretien

Good god, even more Savage RA whines?
<snippity>And BTW, what's "idiotic" about asking for Tank WS for a...wait for it..TANK!...huh? You know, what with us being tanks, and all, like I just pointed out.
Because if Savages got tank WS what would be the point in playing a warrior?

edit:-
So next time a Friar, or a Paladin, or a Valewalker or anyone else whines about Savages' "cheap" (i.e. they cost us just the same as any other tank, it's not like we get a special cheaper-than-anyone-else rate) RAs, gently remind them about all the nifty hybrid stuff they can do (heals, rez, purge, DOTs/diseases/snares, group buffs etc) that Savages can't.
Don't compare Savages to Paladins, Friars and Valewalkers, look at Blademasters and Mercs instead - all they bring to a group is damage, same as a Savage.

S

svartmetall

Originally posted by chretien
Because if Savages got tank WS what would be the point in playing a warrior?
Chain, shield, 1H + 2H weapon switching, Guard, 2x spec points

Don't compare Savages to Paladins, Friars and Valewalkers, look at Blademasters and Mercs instead - all they bring to a group is damage, same as a Savage.
Exactly.
I'm not the one trying to lump us in with hybrids, am I? I quoted those classes' hybrid abilities as an indication of why Savages are tanks, and not hybrids.

K

katt!

And BTW, what's "idiotic" about asking for Tank WS for a...wait for it..TANK!...huh? You know, what with us being tanks, and all, like I just pointed out.

The fact that savages perform well without it. In fact, they are overpowered even without it.

A simple addition of Facts+Brain leads us to the conclusion that overpowered_class+boost = even more unbalanced class.

A

Arnor

Svartmetall, I hereby nominate you for the "Biggest douche in the universe award" for your EXCELLENT work on how savages need help.

S

svartmetall

Originally posted by katt!
The fact that savages perform well without it. In fact, they are overpowered even without it.

A simple addition of Facts+Brain leads us to the conclusion that overpowered_class+boost = even more unbalanced class.
A simple addition of checking up on incoming heavy Savage nerf + way the class works = tank WS for Savages not being an unreasonable idea.

S

svartmetall

Originally posted by Arnor
Svartmetall, I hereby nominate you for the "Biggest douche in the universe award" for your EXCELLENT work on how savages need help.
And you get the "Most Unwarranted Flame" award. WTF is your problem?
I'm trying to be constructive, consistent, and ward off the incessant whines of the Savage haters. What are you trying to achieve by flaming me?

O

old.Tzeentch

What the fuck does this matter at all?

No-one gives a fuck about PvE, it's a quick fix to one of the most important facets of the game - for PvE it would change sweet little, for RvR it would matter a great deal.

So again.. what are you exactly saying? Where is it a nerf? Explain please.

And btw, a tank has access to det and the pure tank RAs because they cannot attack effectively from range (which is what we are told), aka - offensive spells, or stuff you can do while rooted, like .. offensive spells.

It's nothing to do with buffing and crap or whatever you're spouting.

K

klavrynd

Originally posted by Jonaldo
"we're" ?

You supposed to have quit, damn hamsters.

still ceo for the "midgård oppressed masses"

D

decline

And you get the "Most Unwarranted Flame" award. WTF is your problem?
I'm trying to be constructive, consistent, and ward off the incessant whines of the Savage haters. What are you trying to achieve by flaming me?

I think his goal is to point out you're an idiot. :p

"heavy savage nerf"

Last time I checked, I play US, and savages are still 2shotting me, and none I know have quit, and they're still freakishly overpowered, instead of OMGWTFSOOVERPOWERED overpowered as before.

S

svartmetall

Originally posted by decline
freakishly overpowered
Lol, you're funny.

Ever played one?

Outside of being heavily buffed, Savages are nothing like overpowered. Our miss rate is horrible, our downtime is huge. Raising the cost of selfbuffs will make soloing a Savage untenable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom