Savage questions?

S

svartmetall

Almost any race can work...I have a Troll H2H Savage, but that's just 'cos I like Trolls.

S

schinkaar

norse h2h, rather female since many albs will aggro you :)

L

Lumikki

Kobold/norse, 50hth, 40savagery and rest to parry.

xx

J

jakobi

41 savagery to get the last endurance heal, fuck parry

H

heists

Originally posted by jakobi
41 savagery to get the last endurance heal, fuck parry

nooooo, i wanna be leet in duels :)

L

Lumikki

You deleted your thane? shame on you :(

(on the other hand I totally understand why) but still!

:(

xx

T

The Exile

Trolls are generaly best savages, even though they have low dex/qui, they still cap evade at 50.
And if you want even more durability go Dwarf :p

Thanes4tehwinkthxbye ;)

O

old.Lethul

Originally posted by The Exile
Trolls are generaly best savages, even though they have low dex/qui, they still cap evade at 50.
And if you want even more durability go Dwarf :p

Thanes4tehwinkthxbye ;)

since i dont cap evade in rvr (logs have shown a 35%ish evade rate if i recall correctly) i wonder how a troll can cap evade?

N

Noheals-WR

from what i read trolls can't cap evade or even get to 1.5 cap with the next generation of slow weapons...

read the TL stuff for good answers and calcs and stuff.

basically not much diff in all classes...

but a small kobbie has the advantage of being a small target, much higer evade chance (naturally high stat to begin) which leads to great evade combo, and besides all that shit blueskinfortehwin

currently 48, very happy...going for 50 HtH, high as i can savage, rest in parry...estimated parry with buff running is 42 (+11 from gear) is 53 with 9 spare is 62...how much do you want =). Besides you dont want to parry as the chain isn't as good as evade ;p

Good luck

Smale

big sigs sux

A

Arnor

Originally posted by old.Lethul
since i dont cap evade in rvr (logs have shown a 35%ish evade rate if i recall correctly) i wonder how a troll can cap evade?

you WILL cap your evade with evade buff up unless your a bitch, and your not a bitch are you? :p

check carlos evade link

remember that logs from a night of rvr arent with evade buffs all the time and shit

D

Driwen

actually carlos link shows its at 48% and I think thats not from a troll. So trolls might not cap evade.

Qomwen - Level 50 shaman 694 Weaponskill, 35% bonus hammar

Boilian - Level 50 savage, 345 str, 299 con, 325 dex, 220 quick, 35% bonus armor

Attacking from behind so that parry would not count. Evade buff[21%] was up the whole time...

Attack : 208

Hits : 93 (44.7%)

Evades : 94 (45.2%)

Misses : 21 (18.4%)

dunno if a troll can get 325 dex and 220 quick. But this is a test done by someone else in that same thread.

N

neleh

why not a valkyn?
im a lvl 49 valkyn without any of my items cept for my belt and cloak and im going round loosing maybe 1 out of 6 or 7 duels vs any lvl 50 class, savage, thane, warrior, zerker etc.

Hardest other player i fought was a kobold warrior.

In battle field i do crazy dmg vs any class really, armsman/hero included.

D

Driwen

problem with valkyn vs a kobbie is you have 5 less con and the same weaponskill, but you do have higher quickness. But again you have the same evade rate, so you do the same damage and your defense is weaker (btw your parry is slightly less). Also quickness doesnt effect weaponspeed after 250 quickness (which kobbies hit with red buffs).

But 5 points difference is hardly something you should worry about, but if you wanna pick the best race valkyn certainly isnt it.

E

etcetra

Originally posted by Lumikki
You deleted your thane? shame on you :(

(on the other hand I totally understand why) but still!

:(

xx

mhm, i cant get groups with it - and i cant lvl another char to 50 when i allready have one. So i had to delete :|

W

Whisperess

Originally posted by etcetra
and i cant lvl another char to 50 when i allready have one. So i had to delete :|
is it just me that doesn't see the logic in this?

C

Carlos Bananos

Originally posted by Arnor
you WILL cap your evade with evade buff up unless your a bitch, and your not a bitch are you? :p

check carlos evade link

remember that logs from a night of rvr arent with evade buffs all the time and shit

actually in the test, the only time evade hit 50% was against

Attacker: Level 1 Viking - WeapSkill: 9
Evader: Level 50 Savage - 202 Dex / 168 Qui - Evade IV

Log Link

Results:

Attacks: 534
Evades: 272 (50.9%)
Parries: 124 (47.3%)

fully buffed, against a shaman with 468 (only 1/4 of a normal tank) the evade rate was 46%...close, but evade against a shaman = pointless

against a sav with 700 WS... (unbuffed low WS tank o_O) the evade rate was 28%.... ;x

edit: another test without factoring parry...

Boilian - Level 50 savage, 345 str, 299 con, 325 dex, 220 quick, 35% bonus armor

Attacking from behind so that parry would not count. Evade buff[21%] was up the whole time...

C

Carlos Bananos

ofc i can see where hero/armsmen are coming from..

slam once and evaded = 100% evade ofc.

O

old.Lethul

Originally posted by Arnor

check carlos evade link

yes, i suggest you read that link. And in zorenas bitch to :) I think they point of that link in his sign is that all "savage unslammable" is pure bs. As i said my average evade was 37ish% .. And shield is from mainhand weaponskill afaik, so a hero should have about 1900 ws with shield. So its pure bs that im unslammable :p Again, read that post Arnor since its only tested with lvl 1 viking and shaman

G

Gorb

Originally posted by Whisperess
is it just me that doesn't see the logic in this?
It's just you. I don't play anymore since it's not fun to play a thane, because of fotm-players. And I don't want to lvl another char to 50, when I already have one. I should have deleted over a year ago, but now I can't delete, cause It would be quite stupid after getting lgm in ac. I am really considering of selling my account. (Yes, I know it's against CoC, but everybody does it)

D

Driwen

Originally posted by Carlos Bananos
against a sav with 700 WS... (unbuffed low WS tank o_O) the evade rate was 28%.... ;x

but I dont think the TL used evade buff in those tests, but as seen the test i showed (with evade buff) it is at 45% not capped.

C

Carlos Bananos

against a tank with 2k weaponskill its still gonna drop significantly, just waiting for a test vs a fully buffed warr/zerk ;l

D

Driwen

against a tank with 2k weaponskill its still gonna drop significantly, just waiting for a test vs a fully buffed warr/zerk ;l

didnt mean to suggest savages will have capped evade, just that vs a shaman its 28% without their evade buff on and 45% with. But yes savages will rarely hit the cap or atleast have a tough time on doing it.

P

Pin

Personally I'm mostly ignoring any 'tests' done by Trevanti (savage TL - starter of thread), as I have yet to see an impartial test by him.

You mean like:

Originally posted by Krevan
Me, 50 savage with red MOA2 buffs. 361 dex and 259 quick with my 25% evade buff up versus a warrior with 50+15 hammer and 1940 weaponskill attacking with provoke, the most commonly used style.

Results:

Attacks: 414
Misses: 21 (5.2%)
Hits: 218 (52.6%)
Evades: 175 (42.2%)

That's with evade 4, over 350 dex and 250 quick and with a 25% evade buff up.

Now for slam.

Results:

Attacks: 50
Misses: 1 (2%)
Hits: 27 (54%)
Evades: 22 (44%)

(Please keep in mind that with end regen he was able to slam me almost non stop)

42% evade on a 1940ws warrior. (44% against his shield, where ws is dex-based).

With NO dodger.

Originally posted by jww13
Did a couple tests, here's the info:

Attacker: 50 Kobold Warrior
341 STR, 1948 WeaponSkill, 50+14 Axe, 99% QUA 100% CON 35% BON axe

Target: 50 Troll Savage
317 DEX, 221 QUI, 99% QUA AF 102 armor (NO DODGER)

*** Both tests are attacking from directly behind without using styles

NO EVADE BUFF:
Attacks: 100
Evades: 20 (20%) [20%]
Misses: 12 (12%) [15%]
Hits: 68 (68%)

USING 25% EVADE BUFF:
Attacks: 100
Evades: 46 (46%) [46%]
Misses: 10 (10%) [18.5%]
Hits: 44 (44%)

46% evade when evade buff up. No dodger again. Savage is Troll with lower dex and qui than a Kobold. Warrior has the highest ws in the game (attackers from other realms will not be as successful at hitting).

R

Rollie

remove 360 degree evade from savage imho its far too overpowering, would make tanks slam much more useful on them.

Users who are viewing this thread