savage )parry cap with parry buff question)

censi

Can't get enough of FH
Hello,

some questions please.

a) whats the formula for calculating chance to parry

b) someone told me this was capped at 50%. But if you hit the beast line savage parry buff does it take you over this cap?

cheers.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Parry is meant to be capped at 50% though im not entirely convinced if this is true or not like most Grab Bag legends.

Basic parry spec is 5% same as shield with .5% per spec thereafter, im not 100% certain how the dex effects the calculation but I don't think its as big a factor as you might think.

No idea on the buff.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
how the hell can u play a parry class for 4 years and not know how your chance to parry is calculated.....

u sux!

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Unless something changed: ((dex*2)-100)/40) + (spec/2) + (Mastery of Parry * 3) + 5%. All that divided by amount of attackers.

Kagato!

gohan

FH is my second home
i heard a rumor that with a 2 handed weapon (2handed spear polearms ect) that you get 1% per spec point(or +parry in SC)

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:
how the hell can u play a parry class for 4 years and not know how your chance to parry is calculated.....

u sux!

I know the most important factor, I just don't know the exact dex modifier, which is not a great deal of differance compared to spec and mastery and number of attackers.

gohan said:
i heard a rumor that with a 2 handed weapon (2handed spear polearms ect) that you get 1% per spec point(or +parry in SC)

2H weapons halve the enemies chance to parry, that is all. Works just the same as DW vs Shield.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
and is there a hard cap on that of 50% and if yes there is does the savage parry buff take you over it

Keata

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:
and is there a hard cap on that of 50% and if yes there is does the savage parry buff take you over it

Afaik 50% is hard cap, so i guess buffs wont cross it.. not sure tho..

censi

Can't get enough of FH
afaik is no use to me

Punj

Fledgling Freddie
i know there is no hard cap on blocking so i think it would be a bit mental if there was one with parry.

edit: looked this up and according to the grab bag 8/13/02(old i know but couldn't find anything to say this has changed) there is no hard cap on parry if this is still correct then it would answer both of your questions.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
yer but if that cap applies and the buff takes you up to it then its not worth speccing anything but left overs in parry

whereas I was thinking 44 h2h 29 parry 39 beast.

im not sure if its worth doing that though.

Jarroman

Fledgling Freddie
5+(((Dex*2)-100)/40)+(Parry*.5)+MoP is what i know of.

+there is a hard cap for everthing. block cap was sth like 95% but got reduced some patches ago. parry chance still remains 50% afaik, regardless the fact that some ocasions make it look much more (aka, 2h vs dw)

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Jarroman said:
5+(((Dex*2)-100)/40)+(Parry*.5)+MoP is what i know of.
You forgot to multiply the MoP with 3. (read up a few posts)

As for it going over cap - test it? Should be very very easy to test.

Ljuvasara

Fledgling Freddie
Mastery of Parrying is no longer a simpel multiplier of three, the different levels gives you an increasing bonus.

Eithor

Fledgling Freddie
Effective parry will be 50% cap.
However if say you would land at 75% (still capped at 50%) and have 2 melee enemies on you, it's 75/2=37,5 instead of 50/2=25%.
So still potent, as long as you fight more then one enemy.

Can't promise this to be THE truth to 100% but i'm 95% sure ;)

censi

Can't get enough of FH
so at rr1 with no moparry and assuming 350 dex

44 h2h 49 beast 4 parry = 27.5% parry. with 25% parry buff. that takes u to 50%. So basically if 50% parry is hard cap its not worth speccing any parry if u intend to use the parry buff.

I was thinking of goin

44 h2h 39 best 29 parry = 40% parry. with 21% parry buff. Takes u to 61% with parry buff. but if the cap exists its not worth it.

was also thinking 50 h2h 18 parry 39 best. with 21 parry buff. Takes you to 56% parry with buff

-----

basically this kind of says to me its not really worth speccing parry on a savage. but then again this all hinges of a) whether the parry cap at 50% exists. and B) even if it does i would prolly bet the parry buff takes u beyond it.

for my money 44 h2h 49 best 4 parry sounds best. just something in my gut instincts does like that sound of that.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Your assuming you will get a 1 on 1 fight whilst playing one of the over powered visuals your always whining about.

More often then not you will be out numbered in which case going over the 50% parry buff is a good idea due to the number of attackers divider.

Ljuvasara

Fledgling Freddie
That IS the fotm Savagespec, Censi. You get all the best goodies in Savagery and the necessary styles from H2H.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom