Saturday maintianence?

Bikkus

Fledgling Freddie
What MMO has maintenance on a Saturday of all days. Emergency or just sheer bad planning?

Twoeye

Can't get enough of FH
Ohh ohh i know this one.......GOA ?! or was that wrong :(

Grotnob

Fledgling Freddie

GOA's not an MMO.

The answer to the question is Warhammer Online.

Given the amount of bad feeling GOA's attracted from a lot of people in recent weeks, deservedly or otherwise, I can't imagine they'd be stupid enough to pull off Saturday maintenance unless it was absolutely necessary.

Guess we're going to have to wait for Nic/Magnus to wake up and tell us what's going on, assuming they know.

Twoeye

Can't get enough of FH
GOA's not an MMO.

The answer to the question is Warhammer Online.

Given the amount of bad feeling GOA's attracted from a lot of people in recent weeks, deservedly or otherwise, I can't imagine they'd be stupid enough to pull off Saturday maintenance unless it was absolutely necessary.

Guess we're going to have to wait for Nic/Magnus to wake up and tell us what's going on, assuming they know.

bah then i was wrong , makes me a even more sad panda :(

NicGOA

English WAR Community Manager
It's an emergency maintenance that could not wait till after the weekend. Amongst other things it addresses stability issues.

We are currently experiencing a delay with the maintenance and our techies are working on making the game accessible to you again as soon as possible.

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
whilst I'm pissed off at this (two kids meaning I had just got them settled and was about to have a quick early morning run about just as the servers went down) I suspect GOA are doing their "no more than 24 hrs behind US " thing.

Still servers should've been taken down earlier imo and brought back by now - it is the weekend at the end of the day and some of us have no lives and need our fix ;)

M

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
LOL @ all you.

Go back a few months and see the even bigger whine when they didn't do an update/maintenance on Saturday, when Mythic had done so on a Friday alleviating a few problems.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Danita

Salro

Fledgling Freddie
It's an emergency maintenance that could not wait till after the weekend. Amongst other things it addresses stability issues.

We are currently experiencing a delay with the maintenance and our techies are working on making the game accessible to you again as soon as possible.

How bad is that for god's sake?how many times in the past couple of weeks have you taken down the servers for "stability issues"? if you mean you are going to fix the lag then great,but servers down for such a longtime on a saturday is wrong.Still as bad as ever.

Ozilir

Fledgling Freddie
Since it is an emergency maintenace - agreed it just has to be done even at inconvenient times but:
- improve communication and actually say "emergency maintenance" instead of maintenance (avoiding trolls like these).
- update your (paying) customers in time when it does go wrong and not 30 mins after the facts (if the maintenance was sheduled 2hrs anyway) it really isn't that hard to write 2 sentences.

Just my 2c on improving service that really aren't hard to achieve.

Bikkus

Fledgling Freddie
LOL @ all you.

Go back a few months and see the even bigger whine when they didn't do an update/maintenance on Saturday, when Mythic had done so on a Friday alleviating a few problems.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Danita

You miss the point completely. If this is planned maintenance then this smacks of poor planning on GOA's part, I have never known a MMO to do this on a weekend. The weekend is peak time for the player base.

However, If it is emergency work then that's fair in my book.

Umgrud

Fledgling Freddie
Update 11.15 CET: A complication has arisen causing a delay and the servers are not yet open. We are working as fast as we can to open them up for you as soon as possible. our apologies for the inconvenience.

OMG i want more free days ;/

Twoeye

Can't get enough of FH
Weeeee servers are back up !!!!!! :clap: now i'm off to watch some TV :p

Umgrud

Fledgling Freddie
Update 12.00 CET: We've now resolved the issue and all servers are back online. Again, apologies for this inconvenience. Have fun playing!

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
i think they just haxed the hax by haxing haxxorhax his hax haxxor programm.

aka... care?

Tagatha

Fledgling Freddie
i have to say, well done to GOA for solving the problem - albeit eventually. these days i dont see them do anything that would interupt play time unless it was totally necessary - this has been a massive improvement since i first met goa in daoc! Admittedly its not quite wow.. :p

Lollie

Loyal Freddie
dont know how they managed it but todays mainenance has borked up my lions abilites, after every fight it looses its ability bar has then they dont fire, have to recast the buff every time

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom