Sanya reply to my complains against GOA

mts

Fledgling Freddie
Ning said:

Oh my. Im shellshocked by your witty and eloquent reply.

How exactly does my opinion make me a racist? Last time I checked the french and german weren't seperate races. Besides it's about time they learned english.

Ning

Fledgling Freddie
mts said:
Oh my. Im shellshocked by your witty and eloquent reply.

How exactly does my opinion make me a racist? Last time I checked the french and german weren't seperate races. Besides it's about time they learned english.

"frogs", "krauts". You can add other stereotypes such as "Besides it's about time they learned english".

I used the word "racist" because I don't think you know the word "xenophobe".

mts

Fledgling Freddie
Ning said:
"frogs", "krauts". You can add other stereotypes such as "Besides it's about time they learned english".

I used the word "racist" because I don't think you know the word "xenophobe".

I can see where this is going so I'm not gonna bother discussing this particular subject with you.

However my point still stands. I don't see why not Mythic can just pay some server dudes to run the english servers and ship'em the new patches. I know a couple of thousand english-server playing people who'd like that.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
If Prydwen and Excalibur got the patches before the rest of the servers then i guess we would be swamped with germans and french people. And according to the germans and french playing Horizons not many of them read/write english so how fun would that be.

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
mts said:
However my point still stands. I don't see why not Mythic can just pay some server dudes to run the english servers and ship'em the new patches. I know a couple of thousand english-server playing people who'd like that.
Perhaps because it's the other way around. Currently GOA pays mythic for the rights to host DAoC in Europe ('cept for italy). :eek:

mts

Fledgling Freddie
Teh FnoRd said:
Perhaps because it's the other way around. Currently GOA pays mythic for the rights to host DAoC in Europe ('cept for italy). :eek:

I'm guessing GOA is paying Mythic for a DAoC server license here in Europe. If that license is a one time payment or a monthly fee I have no idea. However, I'm sure the license is packed with paragraphs and clauses detailing how the service must be rendered and if Mythic or the players aren't satisfied with it they can revoke the license. I don't know man.. I'm just so sick of the late patches etc. On the 'bright' side I'm beginning to feel the apathy of the entire situation of GOA whines.

Macceh^

Fledgling Freddie
Personally I prefer the late patches it lets me plan ahead, and also many of the bugs found in ToA over in the US wont have the pleasure of gracing european shores. :)

Fung

Fledgling Freddie
GOA are doing a reasonable job, but there are some things that seriously need re-evaluating and fixing.

What you guys seem to be forgetting is that the patches still arrive here buggy and shit because GOA seem to be completely inept at solving even the most minor problem without turning to big brother Mythic to advise them on what to do.

Look at the chaos that surrounded 1.62 and the complete lack of knowledge that GOA showed yet again when performing a simple patching operation. Sure, the overall game changes are fixed with the constant patching in the US, but they test the patches on their test server before actually making them live, so the so called "beta testing" that the yanks do for us is minimal at most.

Regarding the translating, I remember GOA claiming "We have 70,000 words to translate per patch". I'm not a multilingual genius, far from it, but surely with experience and a week or two a so called "qualified translator" could do the job singlehandedly, so an entire "team" as GOA claims to have could surely cut that time in half if not more, so why does it take them months and months? Yeah, the patches need testing, this is obvious, but with a little effort they could set up a public test server like Pendragon and allow the playerbase to test the patches. 1 week of decent player-number testing would surely see out any bugs.

As for the people asking "Why dont they just patch the english servers first?" I believe I heard a while back that GOA's contract with Mythic binds them to keep all European players at the same level of patch, GOA arent actually allowed to patch the servers unevenly from what I've been told.

//Fung

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom