Samurize Forum Watch

W

whipped

I've been messing about with a lovely program called Samurize over the past 2 days. It's one of those things where you can monitor all kinds of crap on your desktop.

Well, after much fiddling and re-aquainting myself with VB, I managed to put together a little script that will watch the General Forum and show you the latest threads.

gameforums.jpg

The titles of the threads are double-clickable and will open up the thread in your default browser.

You can grab the script here. Make sure to read the READMEFIRST.Txt file in the zip file.

C

Clowneh!

learn how to make them links into real hyperlinks

S

(Shovel)

OK... time to learn how to use Samurize then... so much for the "plug it together and hope" method.

W

whipped

Unfortunately, the links stuff is dealt with by the client itself. There is know way off turning them into pure hyperlinks. I agree that, that would be better.

I've got a couple of others that I've either written or modified another script. See my screenshot in the Desktop thread to see the TV script, cut down weather script, cheesy winamp control script and the latest GAME.NET News headlines.

I think the next one to work on will be a server query script that can tell you straight away when someone is on the GAME.NET servers. Think I'll start that one tonight or tomorrow.

S

(Shovel)

Me too - which is a shame cause the results people have got look very impressive.

With a few hours learning I recon it would come together, but the problem is dedicating such time to what is nothing more than a flash desktop script.

M

mank!

I've got all the time in the world to spare atm, but I cba learning it :)

W

whipped

It's actually suprisingly simple to learn. You just have to realise hte difference between scripts and configs and then you're away.

B

Brunore

Am I the only one who though we had a new Ninja moderator?

:(

Users who are viewing this thread