TV Samurai 7

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Has anyone else seen this fantastic anime?

Samurai 7

It's a 26 part reworking of Akira Kurasawa's Seven Samurai and reportedly cost around $300,000 per episode to make, meaning it is one of the most expensive animes of all time.

Now, I'm not normally one for anime, I've watched a reasonable amount and nothing has really grabbed me. I've found it largely style over substance, or generic fantasy nonsense. Samurai 7, however, is a very thorough reworking of the original and it has lost none of its depth (and it could even be argued that many areas have been given even more depth thanks partly to the lengthier total run time). It's not all story though, and the action scenes are pretty damn impressive.

Anyway, I urge you all if you haven't seen it to go and do so as soon as you can. You can get it for about £20 I think.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
woo that seems awesome. and in fact an awesome gift for a friend of mine (and I shall leech it off him) ;)

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
woo that seems awesome. and in fact an awesome gift for a friend of mine (and I shall leech it off him) ;)

It surely is. I've got two more episodes to watch, and I'll do them tonight. I would never recommend something like this lightly, given the fact that it's the only one where I've REALLY enjoyed every aspect of it.

Mazling

Can't get enough of FH
Samurai Champloo was grand and Naruto (when it isn't on filler eps!) is great.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I really enjoyed the anime series.

It captures a lot of the feel of the film and yet has a lot more stuff in it.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
is it online anywhere, like dvd.co.uk? cos then I shall order it for my mate.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Now, I'm not normally one for anime, I've watched a reasonable amount and nothing has really grabbed me. I've found it largely style over substance, or generic fantasy nonsense.

You need a twonk slap :)

Anime basically is a cheap way of telling a story with no budget limitations for special effects.

There are anime soaps, anime comedies, etc etc think of it as an animated medium and be really specific about what genres you like.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
id get the fan subbed version of this rather than uk/usa dvds. unless they fixed em they had some bits of the story missing

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom