Samsung E700

W

wolfeeh

Dude!

I got one today, for free, on T-Mobile...

basically buying a new house in an area that has got NO vodafone/O2 reception whatsoever, so had to go looking...

I've been looking at:
-SonyEricsson Z600
-Motorola MPX200
-Motorola V60i
-Motorola V600i
-Samsung E700
-Sharp GX20
-Panasonic X70

i narrowed it down to the MPX200, E700 and Z600... basically because of the no sticky-outy-aerial thing... the motorola's that DID have aerials generally had very solid ones though, so if you decide on one of them don't worry about it... they're very chunky and solid...

so, the phones....

MPX200? very purty... windows smartphone OS tho... initially very fun... but experience with the SPV tells me it has too many minor bugs that will creep out after a little while using the phone. also no camera.

Z600... fucking lush phone... really is the dog's danglies... but bigger than the E700 in all dimensions - 5mm thicker being the important one (thickness being v. important for clamshell phones)
menu system is slightly laggy, like its little brother the T610... it was expensive, AND it wasn't available until after xmas... so sod waiting for it...because:

the E700 is TINY... smaller than my Nokia 6100 in width and length, and only 4mm thicker... 23mm = slim for a clamshell...

the display is superb... very clear... the camera takes phenomenally good piccies... the equal of a £100 digital camera anyway... the menu's are lightning fast, like early nokia's were before the whole colour screens, mms, ten million ringtones thing came along...
keypad layout is unattractive as hell to me... i'm really not fussed on it, the only samsung layout i like is the star trek communicator like T100.... but the feel and size of the buttons is nice, so i can put up with it.... last but not least... polyphonic ringtones... 40 voices... very clear and good quality.

all in all, very happy with it... the street price of this phone is up to 150 with a contract or so i've seen compared to the same priced mpx200 and Z600 i'd definitely pay it and take it over either phone.... consider the fact that you can find it for £80 on some contracts/the net...

or like me get really jammy and get it for free (expensive contract tho)

O

old.Jestra

Got an E700 the other day too. Really is a nice phone..

Anyway www.dialaphone.co.uk has it for free on the 30 quid price plan if your interested.

Users who are viewing this thread