Samsung Chromebook 2

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Just bought one of these. Mostly great for the price. Thin, fast, silent. Hi-res.

Viewing angles are a bit pants though.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
you have a use case for a cloud portal then? be a good chum and clue me in pls!

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
The abolutely shite mobile data in the NL makes me feel that having a device that is basically dependent on one's internets would be poo when travelling. Do you use it while on the go, and if so what kind of mobile data do you have?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Cloud-y devices are out for me too. Crap internet at home and very shady mobile coverage mean it's just not going to happen.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I use my mobile when travelling and rarely get the train anyway. No laptop is useful when driving :)

Anyways, I could put Ubuntu on it if that became an issue.

Or use my Thinkpad.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I'd be more interested in one if they got rid of that stupid search button key and put back CAPS LOCK!!!!!

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I quite fancy going over to a Chromebook when on the move or even just in the house - almost everything I do is cloud based except for Photoshop (but even that is going over to Cloud based services and a mobile version of Lightroom). All my RAWs and TIFFs are stored on my Google Drive though. 4G is pretty thorough in Glasgow and Edinburgh, and EE have good coverage in other major towns.

I guess if your mobile or WiFi accessibility is poor or patchy, then Chromebooks aren't for you. I also find hotel WiFi rather unreliable, even for the most basic of tasks.

I love the peace of mind that comes with knowing everything is backed up, i've heard so many horror stories of people's external hard drives dying or laptops being monged.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom