Sales

Damini

Part of the furniture
Just thought we could share bargains we've found, like the dour penny pinching bastards we all are.

Best sale Kenny and I have discovered so far is Comet, which makes me think they may actually be having some difficulties, but then I am always jumping to conclusions... We bought a fridge freezer with £200 off the price, and a Dyson Animal DC25 for £197 instead of £290 odd. If you're looking to buy a Dyson, then nowhere else even comes close to beating the Comet prices on them at the moment.

Kenny spent all of last night hurtling round the house, adding attachments to nozzles and pressing buttons and testing out the pivotal ball technology. Now, say that in a smutty voice and you're close to the level of glee a plastic transformer for doing hateful chores gives him.

We're thinking about getting a TomTom, if anyone has seen one going cheap? I get disorionatated so easily it's ridiculous, and with doing events it would come in handy. Well, it's that or a boot full of carrier pigeons to send for help when I'm foraging for berries and drinking rain water from leaves when I get lost...

So anyone else snaffled anything good?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
The Steam sale, portal for £3.50 if you have not got it yet, no excuse now :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Massive sale on steam.

Bioshock £3.49! Even if its not really your thing then its worth buying at that price.
X-Com series £6.74 Some good games in there.
Civ 4 and all the expansions £13.49 That's my week off work sorted.
Earth 2160 £2.69 Not a bad RTS in its day.
Dawn of War +expansions £16.99 Pretty decent RTS
Peggle £3.49 Only a few hours game play, will seem like minutes. awesomeness when waiting for the other half to get ready.

Ebuyer have some nice deals too, going to finally get around to building a media centre. Picked up a nice Samsung 22" monitor for £130 odd, to replace my 19" Tesco special.

Off to Debenhams at some point to get my work suits and some new shirts at some point. I hear they have some good offers.

The plus side of the credit crunch, a massive sale on pretty much everywhere, they are desperate to sell.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Really want to go and see, but know i will get so frustrated with all the crowds

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
HMV had a cracker on, got Fallout 3 on PS3 for 20 notes, and V for Vendetta and Serenity were £3 each. Apparently also Comet have a Sony 32" LCD for 329.

rynnor

Rockhound
Bought the Kids a Yamaha keyboard on Amazon with about 25% off and got £3 of downloaded tunes free - not a great saving but since I was planning to buy it anyway its welcome :)

Otherwise am just avoiding the sales - if you've been planning on buying something and its now reduced thats great but otherwise if you just go out speculatively you just end up with junk that you previously shunned for good reason...

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
HMV had a cracker on, got Fallout 3 on PS3 for 20 notes, and V for Vendetta and Serenity were £3 each. Apparently also Comet have a Sony 32" LCD for 329.
Should've went to Zavvi, Serenity and Vendetta were both £2 ;) Got Fallout on the 360 the other day for £20 aswell from Gamestation, Lost Odyssey for £10, Big Lebowski for £2. Good times.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Nothing good on sale this year. So far got No Country For Old Men for £4 and Mongol for £7.

Earl

Fledgling Freddie
I think PC World are getting ready to go under. They have clearance sales there, different to their normal sale in that the prices are massively reduced. I got a Nikon D80 camera with 18-135mm lens, for £330. From amazon these are like £600 including the lens. This is only on certain products though, they had a table set out with them on. Had a TON of older 360/wii/ds/psp/ps3/ps2/pc games just piled up in a big box too, mostly £10 or under (WoW was 97p :p).

rynnor

Rockhound
I think PC World are getting ready to go under.

Yes - PC World are in trouble - part of the same group as Currys - both doing mega sales - not looking good for them.

Rubric

Part of the furniture
Off to Debenhams at some point to get my work suits and some new shirts at some point. I hear they have some good offers.

I was in there earlier, pierre cardin suit down from £249 to £129.

Embattle

FH is my second home
As stupid as it sounds with such large clearance events it isn't a sign of going under in most cases, what most companies/shops are trying to do is clear up there stock inventories for what is going to continue to be a difficult year ahead and having tons of older stock around tends to drag on companies/shops.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Yes - PC World are in trouble - part of the same group as Currys - both doing mega sales - not looking good for them.

Bought a laptop from PC World the other day. They didn't have the one i wanted in stock (cost £530) so they gave me one that wasn't on sale (cost £700) for £530 with a free bag thrown in. Could probably have got it for around that on the net anyway, but still shows they're a bit desperate.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
PC World have been doing this for a while now, it's not just a normal sales event.

Bought a laptop 2 months ago from a nearby shop, it was £580 on the net and advertised at £650 at PC World, but I got it for £550.

Hard times indeed for them.

Damini

Part of the furniture
My local PC World is shit. If I have the choice between shopping there, and stubbing my toe, I always chose the latter. They never have anything priced up, and the people that work there will only acknowledge you if you're looking to buy an entire PC, and then they swarm you with their slicked back hair and weasly hands wringing excitedly. They're just estate agents that nobody would trust with their keys.

It also stinks of poo. Really. It's far too close to the sewage works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom