Saha - £12.8m

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
I know really no one is worth that amount of money. But is Saha worth £12.8m? Especially in todays transfer climate I think that is WAY too much.

IMO he is worth £4 - £5m

Gurnox

One of Freddy's beloved
Darthshearer said:
I know really no one is worth that amount of money. But is Saha worth £12.8m? Especially in todays transfer climate I think that is WAY too much.

IMO he is worth £4 - £5m

More a case of Man Utd flexing their muscles if you ask me. They always over pay for players. Look at Forlan and Ferdinand!

It really annoys me when bigger teams have this 'we have the money how dare you say no mentality'. I hope Charlton stick to their guns with Parker.

mank!

Part of the furniture
Apparently Fulham will only get £11.5 of that, fuck knows where the rest is going?

Also isn't it a bit expensive for someone who'll only sit on the bench anyway?

Gurnox

One of Freddy's beloved
mank said:
Apparently Fulham will only get £11.5 of that, fuck knows where the rest is going?

Also isn't it a bit expensive for someone who'll only sit on the bench anyway?

Ah, but the point is that Fulham won't have Saha anymore. After all, Fulham did have the audacity to dare to beat the mighty Man U! :)

The rest went to Sahas' agent. And they say the players are over payed......

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
Gurnox said:
Ah, but the point is that Fulham won't have Saha anymore. After all, Fulham did have the audacity to dare to beat the mighty Man U! :)

The rest went to Sahas' agent. And they say the players are over payed......

Fulham actually had to pay Metz 1.25m for a sell on fee or something like that.

The thing is Man Ure wont pay that in one lump sum. They have never really payed like that. They did it with Duck Lip and Veron. Good business managment really, thats why they didnt and wont get Defoe. West Ham need the lump sum in total and its the same reason they didnt get Ferdinand didnt got there from West Ham.

Man Ure aint daft when it comes to paying out large fees unlike some.

Doh_boy

Part of the furniture
Apparently he's getting the 9-shirt so he'll prolly play a lot.

Agents are the bane of the game and I really cannot see there point of view at times. I remember watching a documentry which featured the kewell deal and the agent said something along the lines of 'har har har tough shit'.

I don't think united have ever bought a player unless they think the player will be a good addition to the squad.

Gurnox

One of Freddy's beloved
Doh_boy said:
I don't think united have ever bought a player unless they think the player will be a good addition to the squad.

I have to admit that they do get it right most of the time in terms of buying decent players. Just reckon they have a tendancy to spend too much on them. Rio Ferdinand is probably the best example. Undeniably a brilliant defender, but worth the money they spent on him? Well, you could argue that one all day.

In terms of team construction, I reckon Curbishley is up there with the best of them. What he's done at Charlton, with very limited resources, is amazing.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
£750 000 of the 12.8 million is going to the premier league, the rest to agents.

Saha is a goalscorer. Natural goalscorers are worth the money, I honestly expected Fulham to hold out for 15million plus (and get it). With Solskjear now out for the rest of the season and Saha eligible for Champions League matches he will pay off his price tag.

Gurnox

One of Freddy's beloved
Ch3tan said:
Saha is a goalscorer. Natural goalscorers are worth the money, I honestly expected Fulham to hold out for 15million plus (and get it). With Solskjear now out for the rest of the season and Saha eligible for Champions League matches he will pay off his price tag.

Time will tell on that front. I think he's doing a 'Kevin Phillips' at the moment to be perfectly honest.

Cero

Fledgling Freddie
Of course it's worth the 12.8m£. United is now complete and Ruud got a striker partner at last since Solskaer have been injured a long time now and will be unfortunatly away for another 3 months :/

Afx

Fledgling Freddie
He's had half a good season in his premier league career so far, last year and the year before that he wasn't anything special for Fulham(and cant say i even noticed him at newcastle), so i really dont think that currently he's worth what they've paid.
I guess one of the main reasons they got him is that van nistelrooy is the only one scoring with any regularity for them atm and the fact that saha isnt champions league cup tied.
Im sure he'll be a success but he's definitely not a world class striker atm, And surely thats what man u should be trying to sign.

Not that i give a shit...cant stand united ;p

Gurnox

One of Freddy's beloved
Cero said:
Of course it's worth the 12.8m£. United is now complete and Ruud got a striker partner at last since Solskaer have been injured a long time now and will be unfortunatly away for another 3 months :/

Spoken like a true Man U fan! :)

Let's face it, they bought Saha to fill a hole until the summer. Then they will go and buy somebody truly world class and Saha will spend the next few years on the bench. Like so many others who have made 'dream moves' to Man Utd.

Jonaldo

Can't get enough of FH
He's a very average Premiership striker, however with the amount of chances Man United create you can't really fail to score while playing up front for them.

mank!

Part of the furniture
Jonaldo said:
He's a very average Premiership striker, however with the amount of chances Man United create you can't really fail to score while playing up front for them.
Forlan and Bellion do!

Jonaldo

Can't get enough of FH
Forlan went on a mini scoring spree though. And why Man U bought Bellion is a mystery to all, he did fuck all at Sunderland also.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Top scorers this season:

1 Henry Arsenal 27
2 Nistelrooy Man Utd 21
3 Anelka Man City 18
4 Angel Aston Villa 18
5 Shearer Newcastle 17
6 Saha Man Utd 15
7 Mutu Chelsea 14
8 Pires Arsenal 14

Its fairly obvious, when you look at this list why they went for Saha; most of the other alternatives simply aren't available. Maybe Angel if they threw enough cash at Villa, otherwise forget it. Foreign players tend to take a while to get up to speed in the Premiership so a UK based player is their best bet and Saha kind of picks himself. Personally I think he'll do well with the kind of service he'll get from the Utd midfield.

Gurnox

One of Freddy's beloved
DaGaffer said:
Personally I think he'll do well with the kind of service he'll get from the Utd midfield.

No doubt about it, he'll carry on scoring. But only until Man U replace him with somebody better in the summer. :)

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
DaGaffer said:
Top scorers this season:

1 Henry Arsenal 27
2 Nistelrooy Man Utd 21
3 Anelka Man City 18
4 Angel Aston Villa 18
5 Shearer Newcastle 17
6 Saha Man Utd 15
7 Mutu Chelsea 14
8 Pires Arsenal 14 <---------- Midfielder! :p

Highest scoring one too. Brings a nice glow to my cockles.

QUOTE]

xane

Fledgling Freddie
Darthshearer said:
Good business managment really, thats why they didnt and wont get Defoe. West Ham need the lump sum in total and its the same reason they didnt get Ferdinand didnt got there from West Ham.

I was rather hoping they'd get Defoe, now West Ham have a more reliable strikers in Connelly and Mellor. Although he's a great player I'd have to admit he'd be better off in a Premiership side for his own good, West Ham convincingly beat Wolves without him and he's lost as many games for the club as won them, with 3 red cards this season already.

Perhaps Defoe could go to Fulham now :)

Gurnox

One of Freddy's beloved
xane said:
I was rather hoping they'd get Defoe, now West Ham have a more reliable strikers in Connelly and Mellor. Although he's a great player I'd have to admit he'd be better off in a Premiership side for his own good, West Ham convincingly beat Wolves without him and he's lost as many games for the club as won them, with 3 red cards this season already.

Perhaps Defoe could go to Fulham now :)

You never know. Didn't Fulham buy McBride to replace Saha though?

I think West Ham have got a bit of a funny idea how much Defoe might be worth. Good player, but from what I've heard they're after something like £10,000,000 plus for him.

xane

Fledgling Freddie
Gurnox said:
Good player, but from what I've heard they're after something like £10,000,000 plus for him.

The idea is to price him above what the other 1st Division teams can afford, we wouldn't want him going to a rival :)

Gurnox

One of Freddy's beloved
xane said:
The idea is to price him above what the other 1st Division teams can afford, we wouldn't want him going to a rival :)

Can't think of a single 1'st division side that could afford three million let alone ten :)

Jonaldo

Can't get enough of FH
xane said:
I was rather hoping they'd get Defoe, now West Ham have a more reliable strikers in Connelly and Mellor.
The only thing reliable about Mellor is how piss poor he performs every time he steps on the pitch for West Ham. I bet Pardew can't wait to be rid of him to be honest. Now with Marlon Harewood at least he knows he has someone who can find the back of the net who doesn't get sent off every few weeks :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom