Sad

Belgorian

Fledgling Freddie
Just keep paying your subs guys, if it was a train service you wouldnt get to work :twak:

MaditioN

Can't get enough of FH
what amase me is that they dont work on weekends like these when a server is down...

they have to give away 2 free days because they didn't work this weekend.
reckon it wouldve been cheaper just tell em to work and fix it~~

most serious companys work evenings/nights/weekend to get the service they are running to work, goa dont, r0x.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
MaditioN said:
what amase me is that they dont work on weekends like these when a server is down...

they have to give away 2 free days because they didn't work this weekend.
reckon it wouldve been cheaper just tell em to work and fix it~~

most serious companys work evenings/nights/weekend to get the service they are running to work, goa dont, r0x.

Franch ftw!

Blizard

One of Freddy's beloved
Hmm this waiting for prydwen to come up is depressing :(

BimboBane

Fledgling Freddie
Blizard said:
Hmm this waiting for prydwen to come up is depressing :(

Yepps and it damaging the "comeback for clustering" returnees...

Well well, my guess is that they have had a massive OLAP cube crash and they frankly have absolutly no idea how to solve it or why it ouccurd. And what worse is since they dont know what caused it they know they can end up in the same mudpit again with the DB. This is one of the things that hapends with large bussy SQL servers that dont have a DBA monitoring the DB on regulary basis.

It have all the caracteristics of a OLAP crash with cross referenced data (item's and armour pieces tossed and "exchanged"). And belive me this is the worse thing that can happen to a large db.. I have been part of project where we had to row for row, bit for bit verify that a 100gb datawarehouse was restored properly..

So yeah GOA if this is what hit you I know you have ALOT of work ahead and i would be surprised if we dont have to wait another week before we are back online... :(

Gahn

Resident Freddy
They clearly never did the "restore and check" policy routine that every major db needs to keep consistency. Sadly it's a very bad show to assist ...

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Bimbo since you have experience from these things I suggest you mail them and get them to pay your ticket down and you'll fix it during the day. ^^ OK? :(

BimboBane

Fledgling Freddie
atos said:
Bimbo since you have experience from these things I suggest you mail them and get them to pay your ticket down and you'll fix it during the day. ^^ OK? :(

Well since my company are specialized in databased applications and datarecovery of corrupted DB's i could send down a team to take a peek but imafraid our specc in french are low i would say we have specced 50 DBA, 50 System, 28 English harsh language and 6 in non english cursing.
Recovering a corrupted DB is realy a dark art and are only masterd by the SITH DBA lords :worthy: ;)

//Johan

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Haha, the force is with you! /Darth Vader immitation

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom