S/S champion

hemorragie

Fledgling Freddie
Hi,

Has anybody tried S/S spec on Champions? Is it viable ?
I am thinking about going 50 Slash, 42 Shield, rest in Valor

Thanks

Frozodo

Fledgling Freddie
hemorragie said:
Hi,

Has anybody tried S/S spec on Champions? Is it viable ?
I am thinking about going 50 Slash, 42 Shield, rest in Valor

Thanks

in good old days from my time on hib prydwen there was this great S/S champ called Almerath (sp?) however i havent heard from this dude in ages!

Mattsing

One of Freddy's beloved
2h is the fun tbh....

tho i been thinking about 39 Slash, 42 shield, 39 valor, 31 parry.
would be nice to try... got great debuffs and u will block/parry almost evrything :) maybe to low dmg/ws? i dont know... anyway i would love to try try that... but will probebly never do since i like my 2hand to much.

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
Max of 44 weapon imo.

It might work but I reckon you might end up finding yourself outdamaged / outdefenced in every turn of it.

Keep in mind your on the hybird tables.

hemorragie

Fledgling Freddie
I am currently 42s/50LW/39 valor and I am really struggling.
God knows how many times my Slam is evaded and I end up out of endurance before I can even start swinging my 2H malice.
And whenever I land Slam, I keep missing my Anni...
This is driving me nuts !!

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
hemorragie said:
I am currently 42s/50LW/39 valor and I am really struggling.
God knows how many times my Slam is evaded and I end up out of endurance before I can even start swinging my 2H malice.
And whenever I land Slam, I keep missing my Anni...
This is driving me nuts !!

Is this for solo tanks fights or grp ? If its for grp .. then that spec is fine ..keep it .. if its solo ..swap ure 42 shield for 42 parry and use ure parry reactionary lw chain or strafe run thru annihalation ..

Darkmack

One of Freddy's beloved
Ronso said:
Is this for solo tanks fights or grp ? If its for grp .. then that spec is fine ..keep it .. if its solo ..swap ure 42 shield for 42 parry and use ure parry reactionary lw chain or strafe run thru annihalation ..

the parry reactionary is when the OPPONENT parries then you get a 7 second stun if you land ultimate recovery... although i just find run through anni to work fine. I have slam but dont use it to often only against casters/strafers. Although I find I can kill alot on the champ solo but I don't really solo much since it sucks not having speed. I think the champs fights HIGHLY depends on what class/rr im fighting, on top of that although people say champs dmg is insane which it can be in alot of instances only after dropping abilities if I dont use abilities on chain in midgard I hit for 250-300 even though chain is resistant to slash it really isn't great damage also having 2350 hp with 22 con cap and 150hp cap means without IP I drop pretty fast.

I'm group spec'd RAs though Purge3,Det4,ST1,LW1 not really any passives at the minute and if I had the 42 parry it might help compensate for the lack of defence that champs have with 42 shield spec. if I want to win against some people you have to often drop on or more of the following battler/malice/have som up/banespike/demo etc to help win the fight but thats no different from any other class dumping to win.

I remember jamie before he went 2h weapons he still did quite well with s/s spec blocked/parried quite alot so its viable I guess for solo you won't do insane damage but it will be ok with the str/con debuff you get a free 600-800 hp hit anyway or around that value

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
Lw has a normal "you parry" style chain as well, not just the " after you are parried" style.

Danita

Adlatus Hellbringer

Fledgling Freddie
I played my champ s/s (sploosh lolol) and it worked realy well in 1v1 where the oponent was around the same rr as me. I was beating s/s warriors. The way I played was to have as many defensive arties in my temp as possible. From hfc to belt of the oglidarsh I always had sumthin up that would help me to survive aswell as my block and parry rate. For my main han d weapon i used traitors dagger and went pierce. I had 50 pierce 42 shield and 39 valor. My main problem with the spec was dmg output (wen u procced traitors a few times it was ok) and endurance.

It is a fun and challenging spec and definately well worth trying. U just need to really think about ur template (try and cap dex and str and go pierce imo).

Good luck and have sum fun with it :)

Mattsing

One of Freddy's beloved
If u all for soloing i would gladly recommend my specc. 50 LW, 49 valor, 30 parry. Works realy good i think.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Jamie hit for 650 in one hit on a rr7 paladin.

I was like waddafak.

Jupiter

Fledgling Freddie
i remember a gimp, soz chimp bah i meant champ called Jamiesmellypuss sp or Jamiesgotnobrotmallicus was s/s for a loooonggg time but he was he was a solo whiner (some classic FH threads) and as i said it was a looong time ago and u know how stories go about ppl from back then:kissit:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom