Film S. Darko

ECA

I am a FH squatter
The sequel to Donnie Darko ( duh ) featuring Donnies Sister.

Apparently terrible by all accounts, has anyone seen it yet?

Kryten

Old Cow.
Not seen it - and really rather loving the first, I'm surprised I didn't even hear about this. Would much rather be seeing Ms. Gyllenhall playing the lead though :D

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
I refuse to watch this, how dare they!

:eek:

Donnie Darko is one of my fav ever films and this is just shitting on all that it was.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I refuse to watch this, how dare they!

:eek:

Donnie Darko is one of my fav ever films and this is just shitting on all that it was.

Umm. If you haven't seen it, how do yu know it's shitting on anything?

I'm not very fond of movie bashers to begin with, meaning those who pre-bash something(also goes for overhype), as you can always opt to not watch.

leviathane

Part of the furniture
i could never get into donnie darko, tried to watch it like 5 times and always falling asleep half way through it.

Kryten

Old Cow.
DD for me, was one of those films that shook the industry up somewhat. With remake after remake infecting our vision, endless "Funny Movie" clones and otherwise dull crap doing the rounds, something so thoughtful and just "different" hitting the screen was something of a positive.
A strange film, definitely.

Arnie 2Tone

Fledgling Freddie
I've not seen it yet myself, but I recently built a movie review website for the missus and her friends and the review for it on there is less than glowing. Shameless pimp time:

S. Darko Gorepress

Will probably end up watching it anyway though, and then wishing I hadn't.

Trem

Umm. If you haven't seen it, how do yu know it's shitting on anything?

I'm not very fond of movie bashers to begin with, meaning those who pre-bash something(also goes for overhype), as you can always opt to not watch.

Because I read about, not just reviews but about the plot and outline. Its a shameless attempt to cash in on the surprising success of Donnie Darko.

Fuck me toht sometimes it seems you love to disagree with everything that everyone says, you must be a fucking nightmare to live with :D

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
The first one was shit anyway. Anyone who claims to truly understand what the fuck was going on without later reading up on it is a liar.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
The first one was shit anyway. Anyone who claims to truly understand what the fuck was going on without later reading up on it is a liar.

You could say the same for 2001, that doesn't make it a bad movie.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
You could say the same for 2001, that doesn't make it a bad movie.

I want to like Donnie Darko, I really do. It's just trying to be too clever/arty - I did indeed need to read up on it afterwards. Whilst it makes sense now, the film was poor that it didn't explore or attempt to explain the time travelling concept in a decent fashion.

It also suffers like Vanilla Sky does - it got miss sold to the general public. People thought Vanilla Sky was a love story with Tom Cruise, but it's actually Sci Fi. Donnie Darko came across as a teen film primarily, but again was Sci Fi. In my own peer group, it had people saying "what the fuck...".

My opinion of Donnie Darko now (after a few watches) is that at the time it put a stake in the ground with a very interesting concept, I just think it's still a bit 'meh' but I now generally accept that it is a reasonable film poorly executed, even if it had the awesome insult "go suck a fuck" ;).

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Oh don't get me wrong, I didn't think it was amazing - I enjoyed it but that's about it. I was just being needlessly argumentative in saying that required reading doesn't necessarily make a movie bad.

Wij

I am a FH squatter

That doesn't make it a bad film.

You must hate David Lynch :)

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Oh God, yeah. Don't *ever* watch Mulholland Drive, ST^ :).

Actually, it does have some lovely boobs so uh, do watch it.

Wij

I am a FH squatter

MD gets all the praise but I love em all. Fire Walk With Me makes me hard. :)

*total fanboi*

/edit: Yes - I liked Inland Empire too. Even the rabbits.

old.user4556

Made my head hurt that one.

I'm bringing the girlfriend up to speed on Twin Peaks, she's not getting the David Lynch "wierdness" yet, I loved that series.

old.user4556

Fire Walk With Me makes me hard. :)

Didn't see this post; as mentioned in my post above, I'm in the middle of a TP fever and FWWM is on the 'to watch' list, really looking forward to seeing it again because i've forgotten what happens in it.

I'd have done to Laura Palmer what BOB did.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Mulholland Drive is one of his more coherent films tbh.

Try Inland Empire, a 3 hour crack induced fest. Laura Dern is great in it. It's mental.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Almost two pages in and nobody has actually seen the film yet?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Can we have a David Lynch section on the forum plz ? :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Because I read about, not just reviews but about the plot and outline. Its a shameless attempt to cash in on the surprising success of Donnie Darko.

Fuck me toht sometimes it seems you love to disagree with everything that everyone says, you must be a fucking nightmare to live with :D

Actually i'm not, i tend to discuss things a lot more clearly in person when you have an instant access to corrections and body language.

Hard to be empathic on a forum :p

In any case, it sounded harsher then it was meant to be, should have written;

How do you know it's shite?

Which you promptly answered, fair enough, though i'd still watch something and make my own mind up rather then trust strangers to do so :D

Trem

Actually i'm not, i tend to discuss things a lot more clearly in person when you have an instant access to corrections and body language.

Hard to be empathic on a forum :p

In any case, it sounded harsher then it was meant to be, should have written;

How do you know it's shite?

Which you promptly answered, fair enough, though i'd still watch something and make my own mind up rather then trust strangers to do so :D

Yeah forums always make me sound a little bit like a cross between Gary Glitter and Dale Winton......which is cool I admit but some people don't get that.

Jiggs

Can't get enough of FH
When I watched Donnie Darko, one of the thoughts that specifically didn't pop into my head was "holy shit, hope they make a sequel to this".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom