RvR !

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
Atm there's loads and loads of zerglings everywhere, from all 3 realms. RvR is most certainly not dead, it's quite the opposite. Imo there's actually to many out there atm, but i kinda like it the way it is atm anyways, some zerglings can be fun to fight, and the heavy gg's can use a death in between. But, if we do merge with excal, wil it be 3 times as many enemies from the opposite realms? Will everyone keep zerging as much? And what will happen to the people, like myself, who likes to run gg's and do fg vs fg fights? How bad will it be, and do we need a merge? Just my thoughts... Don't really want to change to much atm :)

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
too much of the good stuff now in hw, gets too zergy .. you'll have loads of adds by the time a fight start. Hard/Impossible to get a fun fg vs fg fight but it's nice to see that there is action , even though it's a bit too much for my liking. fgs should try roam a bit in the outer areas and not directly between berk-beno to avoid the zerging and addparties and maybe we can have some more nice fg vs fg fights again :>

:m00:

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
you could ofc roam areas where the zerglings arent roaming and wait for likeminded ppl to do the same

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
Old.Ilum said:
you could ofc roam areas where the zerglings arent roaming and wait for likeminded ppl to do the same
It becomes booring after a while though :)

But main question is, what happens if we merge? Excal is bigger server, how much more people would they bring to our RvR zones?

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Arethir said:

But main question is, what happens if we merge? Excal is bigger server, how much more people would they bring to our RvR zones?

More people means not necessarily more adding tho. If there's more people there will be more areas where people will go ===> Active RvR gets spread out over more zones / areas

Basically that means nobody is going Brynja; as nobody (from Hib/Alb) cba with 17 warlocks (estimate from Pryd + Excal) adding on everything. Sooner or later all action splits up ---> nice RvR everywhere popular.

Tafaya Anathas

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
More people means not necessarily more adding tho. If there's more people there will be more areas where people will go ===> Active RvR gets spread out over more zones / areas

Basically that means nobody is going Brynja; as nobody (from Hib/Alb) cba with 17 warlocks (estimate from Pryd + Excal) adding on everything. Sooner or later all action splits up ---> nice RvR everywhere popular.

Gifv bridge razing :kissit:

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
first prydweneers wajn bout too little action, then ofc wajn bout too much KEKE
like norwegians wajning bout it being too cold, then when it gets hot wajning bout the heat. :)

Yma

Fledgling Freddie
Arethir said:
How bad will it be, and do we need a merge? Just my thoughts... Don't really want to change to much atm :)
Well, there are 12 zones, and most of the areas near the rivers are pretty good for gvg fights, it's not like just the beno-berk-era area is the only good area. The big zergs are more static than opted groups ... if groups are smart enough they will avoid the zergs most of the time - and when they will wish a bit of madness, nothing better than taking the zerg by suprise, they know how to do it and know it well ;)

snarf

Fledgling Freddie
Arethir said:
Atm there's loads and loads of zerglings everywhere, from all 3 realms. RvR is most certainly not dead, it's quite the opposite. Imo there's actually to many out there atm, but i kinda like it the way it is atm anyways, some zerglings can be fun to fight, and the heavy gg's can use a death in between. But, if we do merge with excal, wil it be 3 times as many enemies from the opposite realms? Will everyone keep zerging as much? And what will happen to the people, like myself, who likes to run gg's and do fg vs fg fights? How bad will it be, and do we need a merge? Just my thoughts... Don't really want to change to much atm :)

I think the prospect of a merge with excal has brought back a lot of people. If the idea of clustering is abandoned I think a great deal of people will loose interest again.
If clustering is decided even more will come back and for sure it will be alot of zerging in the beginning. But hopefully in time action will be more spread out through the frontier. I forsee heaven for gg's :)

Dumle

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:

That is actually exactly the same way I expect it to be, that even if there will be more ppl out it will have enough population to spread it out over more zones. As it is now we are too few to fill more than one zone, and when alot of ppl want to RvR in the same day it gets messy and fucked up.
With merge I actually think there will be alot of more fights outside the zerg.

Roadie

Fledgling Freddie
all the groups could go 2 odins/emain and zergs could stay in hadrians :m00:

id be up for that tonight 8)

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
LordjOX said:
like norwegians wajning bout it being too cold, then when it gets hot wajning bout the heat. :)

Why do everyone take everything as whine? can't even discuss anything without the whine-police yelling out QQ , WHINE etc etc.

and btw , it's friggin hot :/

Roadie

Fledgling Freddie
what do the whine-police sirens sound like? =o

and how do i know when im whining legaly? 0o

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Arethir said:

The answer is quite simple: It would bring atleast the current population of Excal and Pryd together. Plus you can expect an upswing in RvR population, among gank groups and roleplayers alike. How big that will be, is hard to tell - but the cluster should mean a lot of action all the time. After all, it's gonna be bigger than any current server is.

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
I think the cluster will bring a lotta new life to the game an encourage people to use battlegroups and tactics properly more, rather than just getting in a tower and nuking everything that comes in range, or running between berks-benow 24/7 (examples).

I for one look forward to it - now if only they'd rollback to OF on all servers too...

Etinay

Fledgling Freddie
LordjOX said:

norwegians dont whine :(

Riotsz

Fledgling Freddie
whats all this about merging with excal? what what what? where can i read about this? lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom