Rvr

jolt

Fledgling Freddie
Hiya everyone ;)
I have a BIG complaint about rvr tbh ...
Why is it that albion doesn't play together?
I can understand there are guildgroups who want to roam some ...
But for example we as 3fga got killed by 1fgm :eek6: ok that was because lots of albs played nooby.

I think the problem lies with the leaders, i haven't seen much good rvr-leaders tbh, not that I play that much rvr tho :p. I mean there was Tappi who was very good ... but haven't seen him for a while :s

Can some people come forward and say they are a "good" leader?
And that other albs give him/her the chance to do it good?
And that they organise (re)takes orso?

Thanks for reading :x

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Have to agree that albs r a crock of shit in RvR atm, <Myself included> . It really is as if no one actually cares about our keeps anymore. What happened to the Albion that was when NF got released.. no way have Hib and Mid doubled thier numbers since then to have come back this hard. No its cos they actually plan and care about things... mid especially seems to take its towers back quick. :p

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
knighthood said:
Have to agree that albs r a crock of shit in RvR atm, <Myself included> . It really is as if no one actually cares about our keeps anymore. What happened to the Albion that was when NF got released.. no way have Hib and Mid doubled thier numbers since then to have come back this hard. No its cos they actually plan and care about things... mid especially seems to take its towers back quick. :p

I don't think it's true that we don't care as a Realm, we're just too fragmented generally. People do make an effort to retake on a regular basis. For example, last night Lance from <Free Spirit> rallied the troops in an attempt to retake Beno. It was an unsuccessful attempt ultimately, but he tried and should be commended accordingly. Unfortunately for us, we weren't just fighting Hibs, we were also trying to fight several FG of high RR Mids.

It seems that we as a Realm have been hit particularly hard by people leaving the game, either for WoW or something else. Whether Catacombs will bring these people back remains to be seen.

jolt

Fledgling Freddie
Yes u can notice there are a lot of albs who left, but isn't it normal that they leave in other realms to?
DOES OUR REALM SUCK THAT HARD?! :p

Kelio

Fledgling Freddie
knighthood said:
no way have Hib and Mid doubled thier numbers since then to have come back this hard.

in case you havent noticed, all albs have gone to the underpopulated realm.
give it a few more weeks and a few more drop offs and albs will soon be the underpopulated ones. (counting rvr active ofcourse)

Bloodclot

Banned
every realm has its rvr groups that can farm quick/loads.
you said 3fga got whiped by 1fgm.
but it happens also that 3fgm got whiped by 1fga or 1fgh.

Ashala

One of Freddy's beloved
jolt said:
DOES OUR REALM SUCK THAT HARD?! :p

if you compare the 3 realms to each other, then yeah imo alb suck the hardest

jolt

Fledgling Freddie
Alb sucks the most in rvr, but is the best in pve?

Ashala

One of Freddy's beloved
jolt said:
Alb sucks the most in rvr, but is the best in pve?

depends on how you look at it, if you got a few bb accounts and some animist friends then i would choose hib

Stunned

Fledgling Freddie
I have played mid excal and hib pryd before coming top alb excal.

The first thing that struck me was when having some bg fun that ppl didnt bother to join cg's. Not even in Leirvik. Wich I havent seen in mid or hib.
Maybe the necro farking in alb also leads to less socialization and it affects rvr since ppl acctually dont blend as much, means they dont know eachother very well.

bah I dunno really ...

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
The reason there is a "problem" as you describe, is because people make posts like this.

Get off your arse and make groups, get voice coms, play together and farm the enemy. If you leave it up to everyone else all the time you'll get nowhere.

Generation

Fledgling Freddie
The problem with Alb is pretty much the same as ever, people don't seem to want to form balanced groups in RvR, and others don't want to group at all.
There is a real lack of clerics unless you run a set guild group, and Mid/Hib don't suffer the same lack of healing that we do.

When hibs were on Beno yesterday there was a massive 6 people in the defense cg, and in total about 20 ungrouped Albs split between Beno and Berks (where mids were attacking).

I don't know what the solution is, but we better find it fast or expect to lose some relics in the near future.

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
I just dont think that a lot of albs are interested in the RVR side of the daoc game. There are a number of very good rvr leaders out there, but there is just not the interest from the players.

Hibs and Mids on the otherhand play much more organised and balanced groups - the ones that arnt organised get owned, but mostly they are much better players than albs - we have the zerg (numbers) - but the zerg can be taken down with a smaller more organised force.

You only have to look at the post done by waok to see the level of interest in this sort of rvr combat. As Eggy says, get organised, get voice comms (really helps) and go farm.

Cameron

Fledgling Freddie
Ive lost count of how many times in a stand off situation ive turned up with my cleric and no one wants to grp because they want to get more rps from going solo (and theyll always get a rezz)

So its no surpise when a mid/hib grp turns up and ganks 25 albs (15+ of which who are solo and have no DI running, buffs etc).

Loonatik

One of Freddy's beloved
jolt said:
Why is it that albion doesn't play together?
I can understand there are guildgroups who want to roam some ...

Could be that Albion currently has new, small guilds popping up from the earth every day. They might be skilled and focused on RvR, they probably have a cleric or two and the might even use voice coms. That still doesn't make ALBION play together though.

Vandar

Loyal Freddie
Most guilds I know that had reasonable rvr activities have been killed off by people leaving for WoW and most players who are left from these groups don't like pickup groups.

Add to that, pick-up groups in alb still tend to be shite for several reasons:

Never get all the right classes and people get too impatient hanging about.
Lots of bad players about.
You meet DH, VP, Groove and Valravens all fielding RR8-11 chars prob running voice comms etc.

jolt

Fledgling Freddie
Well eggy, I would love to do things for albion.
But i'm in exams atm :p
And if I try to help, other people just wont listen ...

And I would love albs indeed to join the rvrcg's/bg's because they're as empty as the box I'm living in :s

Btw this post is to make the situation clear as we are not all in those "rvr-guilds" that pwn all the time ...

When my exams are finished and I'm not on holiday, I'm prepared to organise a keep(re)take if there is any interest ...

Marc

FH is my second home
Too many necro PLd toons. You PL a toon to 50, kit him up, go RvR and then think "shit, how the fuck do i play this char"

Lovery

Fledgling Freddie
Albion has the same old problem, there is 2 different opinion about rvr:

1- I am so uber to play with random players, if my group fixed is not online i prefer log and wait till tomorrow for my rps easy.

2- I am random player, how im gonna form a decent group if i dont know any cleric available? Is better being lfg and nobody invite me as they thinking same as me. Better move solo till someone offer group to me.

The high RR albs move to wow, only 4-5 groups show up by rvr and they prefer do his way as they dont like "being leeched by crap albs". If they outnumbered then call for zerg till situation is under control.

For those that find so easy "full a balanced group and go out to enjoy the farm" i must say is a bit difficult if u are not in a rvr guild, or u are not rr7+ , or u dont have some "name or fame", or u are not using "external arties". Is obvious people dont like move out to die always. I assume i have not been active on rvr, then people dont know me, then people dont group me, then i get pissed and bored, then i log or play other char, then albion is missing me.... And is not me, think about what happen if more and more peeps feel the same at time...

Knolan

Fledgling Freddie
Marc said:
Too many necro PLd toons. You PL a toon to 50, kit him up, go RvR and then think "shit, how the fuck do i play this char"

this indeed happens a lot, but what i also see a lot is groupleaders inviting 40+ toons to a grp.
they lack in everything, at least PL your toon to 50 ffs, lvl 44 infils in a grp is not something ppl like to stay grouped with.

elbeek

Part of the furniture
TBH this thread is bs. The only time you need a leader is for an organised relic raid. Jolt, you imply that you cannot RvR without your hand being held, this is the real problem in Albion. There are too many players who expect to be molly coddled, not only in RvR, this also includes PvE.

There are also too many people who expect something for nothing. Today at CS there was a player moaning about " Albs greed" because he refused to pay 20 plat for an item. This sums up Albs imo, rather than organise/farm money/arrange impromptu events they wait for a so called leader to do it.

Kcinimodus

Fledgling Freddie
Lovery said:
Albion has the same old problem, there is 2 different opinion about rvr:

1- I am so uber to play with random players, if my group fixed is not online i prefer log and wait till tomorrow for my rps easy.

2- I am random player, how im gonna form a decent group if i dont know any cleric available? Is better being lfg and nobody invite me as they thinking same as me. Better move solo till someone offer group to me.

The high RR albs move to wow, only 4-5 groups show up by rvr and they prefer do his way as they dont like "being leeched by crap albs". If they outnumbered then call for zerg till situation is under control.

The way I see it there's 2 different people in this game:

1. People who tell other people how to play and make frustrated posts about it if they don't.

2. People who let others play the game the way they want.

Has it ever occured to you that some of these 'leet' rvr guilds play the way they play because they enjoy it the most? Personally I've done enough keeptaking in the first 2 years of daoc to last me a lifetime. I still participate in 1 from time to time, not because some alb tells me to but because I want to. And I don't think any of the real rvr guilds would call in help from the zerg, that's just your imagination.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Marc said:
I don't really agree--PvE does not really teach you how to play your character properly in RvR, only RvR will do that. Yes, as a player, you will be pretty unprepared for playing a freshly PLed character. However, most people do have the necessary basic DAoC skills by now (at least all good players do), and should be able to pick up the bare bones of most classes after a few hours in RvR.

Loonatik

One of Freddy's beloved
Everybody has the right to play the game the way they want, period.

This also means that the "real" RvR guilds can't expect people to show up for realm defence, yet we've seen countless whines about it in the past.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Last time I went to a keep defence at erasleigh...

noone seemed to be grouped, I invited anyone who asked me for buffs and got a group together.

Making a pickup group that doesn't suck immensely is hard - there are few friars and clerics around that aren't in a guild group, and a lot of people don't like the stress of leading one/whines when it falls apart.

not everyone is a leader... however if you want people to group - invite them.

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
Last time I went to a keep defence at erasleigh...

noone seemed to be grouped, I invited anyone who asked me for buffs and got a group together.

There was no /BG or /CG either mate, IIRC...

Kenniii

Fledgling Freddie
jolt said:
And that they organise (re)takes orso?

problem with alb is that they dont want retakes... like today "ffs you newbies stop taking back the towers!! the hibs wont be able to teleport here!!"

Faya

Fledgling Freddie
I think we have a split here between the so called "Elite" rvr guilds/players, then the "Wannabee" rvr players and then the "For Albion!!" players.

I for myself think im still noob , you can learn , if you want, new things every day. I rather take a 45+ "noob" into group and having fun AND trying to play coordinated then running in a leetpwon33winsall group just to say "Hey we roks". Of course, RvR is the end game of daoc, target MOST , not all i know some, players aim for.

We cant solve this as ppl paying there own accounts=there fun =there way to play.
With so many albs that have left/leaving we will just have to endure the hard times that come now as NEW leaders wont be accepted by the old players, OLD leaders dont care anymore or not in game or etc.
And you , RvR Leaders, you should know, ppl look for your advice if you able to give it in a friendly manner...if you able to advice "noobs" anyways. But i saw enough ppl who lost temper when ppl not sticking ASAP after a enemy encounter..and? have patience, teach your realm your skills and it might pay back sooner or later..but saying "my guild first, then others" ..i suggest play in a network with your friends.
IMO (in MY opinion) DaoC was made as a TEAM game, yes zergs count in that to a limit, Some classes are cool solo i agree, but all in all there should be the goal to work together no? With the current player setup, split between the 3 factions i mentioned, and w/o help from the leading guilds, it wont happen.
Have fun playing your ueberfarm100000000rps groups, you pay for your fun.

And to those, who of course never or rarely speak up, try harder to lead, to advice to Help your ppl in the realm, this ISNT just a game as many ppl say, it has many similarities to RL. People WANT to be lead, some, to an extend, ppl WANT help, some, to an extend but ppl DONT tolerate shit spam or "you suxaer noob". Never forget, good deeds will rarely be acknowledged, bad deeds will stay longer. Just show more respect to those who try , if they succed cheer them up if they fail, give them another chance..and another..and another..or Lead yourselve. But stop moaning.

My thougs, sorry if bad english in there, not my main language.

Faya

Lovery

Fledgling Freddie
I assume u in a professional rvr guild Kcinimodus? I am not telling how to play the peeps, im just giving a explication why albs "seem crap" but ofc u cant feel that as u got probably uber rvr group with FOTM classes, 2 clerics , plenty of arties, and hibs/mids always die in ur hands... Sadly Albion got only 4-5 groups similar as u have... If u think is my imagination try to talk with the 90% of the server. Dont offense :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom