RvR

uspe

Fledgling Freddie
It seems RvR in game has changed. some dramaticaly some better. This mostly happened after the new chars appeard in the game and i mean the catacombs chars. ofc i dont mean the IRvR which ppl make its better imo.
Before catacombs RvR was mostly balanced, i mean in classes. i believe it was more fun then. Anyway after the catacombs for some goa/mythic reason the rvr has become more caster vs caster than grp vs grp or even bg. hibs and mids playes (imo) had the lucky part of it. they got classes which actually do harvest in rps in rvr and albs still got the old fashion rvr.
Sorry if i'm beeing bored or missunderstood but what i'm trying to say that rvr has lost the real old play which was good. I'm a tank player and i do love to play mostly non-caster char but because of enemy casters i only see mezz-root....nuke....nuke...nuke.....dead. Although i'm trying to to learn a caster play by making couple of casters but i see and think that i wont be more than 70% of a real caster play.
i used to see stelthers more but now they are disappearing too day by day.
if you still dont understand i can give you some examples:
mids
with warlocks i can barely see a zerker or warrior in rvr.
hibs
with bain and specialy with vamp is the same. where are heros???

about heretic. its not that powerfull to make the same change in alb playing. Dont worry if tic was a massive caster such as lock or bain or crazy tanker vamp it would had happened the same with albs.

thanks for reading this pls if you want tell me you opinion.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Heretic is the arch enemy of a Bainshee and a Warlock and the arch enemy of caster damage. Something Albion needed. You being grouped with a Heretic would gain 75% magic immunity each 15 minutes for 45 seconds and lots of interrupts against casters. Try it one day :).

Drucken

Fledgling Freddie
I also enjoy playing tanks, mostly because I haven't had the will to level something else now lategame but I know what you mean, I hardly ever get groups with my merc which ofcourse is a shame since its so damn fun to play light tank in grp rvr but to get my rps i try to stay away from the irvr zones, instead of hib I stay around our good old benowyc or sometimes head min just to get punded down by the 3 BDs that are patrolling brybja 24/7 but atleast when I'm in these low populated areas I have the chance to get a good fair fight agaisnt another melee, and seeing as you're a merc i dont think a vamp would be a problem for you, just use dirty tricks and try to get him down before he gets enough power to use HOT

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
usp - read what Manisch is saying there are reasons why you are not getting that protection and those are simple - iRvR does nothing for you and your class. You can run around slamming anything wacking stuff and dying more than everyone else at the end of the day though your giving up more rps than your getting. At the end of the day your not getting the protection of an organised group of people working together.

When I look at iRvR (and I will scoot out there for 10mins occassionally because it can be fun if you have 20mins) all I see are 50 individuals on 2-3 sides all solo. Its amazing when your there and someone has to yell out for a heal. You end up thinking to yourself - you numptey did you ever think of grouping?

Hjelper

Loyal Freddie
uspe said:
mids
with warlocks i can barely see a zerker or warrior in rvr.

I try to get a grp with warrior nearly everyday, but no luck yet :mad:

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
Hjelper said:
I try to get a grp with warrior nearly everyday, but no luck yet :mad:
90% of the mids grps i see use a warrior. no use in the zerg stand ofs or the rox tower farming!

atos

Fledgling Freddie
I see 0 point in using a warriro when it comes to facing a caster grp. Thane would be 200% more effective.

uspe

Fledgling Freddie
btw guys. pls if you are using my name dont say usp.
usp was a very good player in pryd/hib with much respec.
old players of pryd/hib will rember him.
ofc i'm not him and i can tell you for sure that the meaning of my name and the name of that guy is totaly different plus as i want to give him some respec pls dont say me usp. :) us or uspe.
believe me i dont mind to call me like that but lets respec some old players in this game.

besides the game will excist but players and moments in the game will excist in our memory

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Manisch Depressiv said:
Heretic is the arch enemy of a Bainshee and a Warlock and the arch enemy of caster damage. Something Albion needed. You being grouped with a Heretic would gain 75% magic immunity each 15 minutes for 45 seconds and lots of interrupts against casters. Try it one day :).

only if you can get them to RR5 first ;) Not too hard if you have a gank group, bit harder for average joe casual player. Still very possible, get them to monster ress your suicidal arse till they're rr5 ;) think that's what my guild's heretics are doing anyway...

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Flimgoblin said:
only if you can get them to RR5 first ;) Not too hard if you have a gank group, bit harder for average joe casual player. Still very possible, get them to monster ress your suicidal arse till they're rr5 ;) think that's what my guild's heretics are doing anyway...

Thats true Flim

A lot of people here are the hardcore players and/or have a gank group who run a few times a week. They can get thier realm ranks quickly and then laugh at casuals who turn around and say "My class sucks"

Its hard to get into pugs at low realmrank and the only way to get rr is via irvr, which is bad.

Demon2k3

One of Freddy's beloved
More of theese hits

I like hitting for this
b0714e05e1728ca34c63a2e2f8e8972a1ea8.jpeg

Followed by an hit like
c750386ce1d3e30d42e0ab9615f9ead634f4.jpeg

in total over 1k damage.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
It's not hard to get RR5. Just be among the right people being the right person. But I agree, RR5 is timed, Bainshee and Warlock damage is not.

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
Manisch Depressiv said:
It's not hard to get RR5. Just be among the right people being the right person.

The right people are always running FG!

pip

Banned
people are having a hard time to rvr with warlocks at the mo:( the gimp as killed of the race:wanker: if you are high rr then they ok like most toons but low rr warlocks are a joke now so:kissit:

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
you mean low rr warlocks are just the same as a low rr anything? and a well played warlock is still viable? shame no warlocks are played by people who have no idea how to play one well :)

www.buyaclue.com

Emmet

Fledgling Freddie
pip said:
people are having a hard time to rvr with warlocks at the mo:( the gimp as killed of the race:wanker: if you are high rr then they ok like most toons but low rr warlocks are a joke now so:kissit:

my warlock is 4l9, i have no problem killing 1-2 players.. only solo chars i have trouble with is sometimes when i purge elds mezz, or chanters when purge is down.. if you get good started RAs at low rr, your ok tbh.. wont kill everything, but you will survive a few fights (gets you higher rr ofc :p slow.. but worth it in the end ^^)

liloe

It's my birthday today!
I've never seen a heretic use good tactics with the focus DD though, cause it can deal some nice dmg if you use it correctly.

Yes, RvR has changed a lot towards mages dealing damage and tanks doing the interrupt, would be nice if pure tank groups still worked. I think the main problem is, that for such a group to work you have to rush to the enemy all the time and give no spare second to any caster. Problem there: that means like either more banelords or one tank for each caster, which is not really so much win aswell. Also you quickly loose your healing classes like this.

Demon2k3

One of Freddy's beloved
I can tell from an tanks point of view how RvR feels at times, i got a little trouble when i meet stealthers. But personally i have huge problem vs casters for their insane dps. I'm fairly untemplated yes. and i got no bb. Bu the situation for many tanks imo is that we can't reach to the enemy before we're dead.

Remembr this is from my pow as an paladin it's not universal.

I play my 2h paladin actively aswell and it's quite fun when i get an good fight and wins. But more often than not i get nuked or bolted to death by casters.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Yes but you play an untemplated unbuffed pally, go play an unbuffed untemplated caster and you'll see you won't kill anything aswell.
Has nothing to do with Casters being OP (which they are though to some extent) but it has to do because your lazy and cba to get a decent template or a buffbot or ask people in your guild/alliance for buffs.

Gilbride

Fledgling Freddie
Andrilyn said:
Yes but you play an untemplated unbuffed pally, go play an unbuffed untemplated caster and you'll see you won't kill anything aswell.
Has nothing to do with Casters being OP (which they are though to some extent) but it has to do because your lazy and cba to get a decent template or a buffbot or ask people in your guild/alliance for buffs.

Not to mention it has everything to do with him having decided to play a solo paladin. Tanks should obviously not destroy ranged classes in 1vs1 when the ranged class gets to start off at range, it would make no sense imo.

In general tho, the problem with RvR as of today is that too many casual players have decided that grouping is not for them because they're casual.. Sucks to be you, get casual groups, but FFS get a group if you can't hack it solo, and stop crying about how overpowered every other class is for beating you.

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
today at odin fighted 2 time against hero whit my valk (eystandrn), sclarrin-e (name wrong but near)
good fights, lucky for me had both time ip ready.

personally cba go even same area where is so called irvr, because there is zerg followed by another zerg moving around, allmost 0 change to fight against solo peep.

self try hunt stealthers down whit my valk, love to shear them and if lucky rolls, send them back to buffbott ;)

Demon2k3

One of Freddy's beloved
Andrilyn said:

A. i got an template but missing alot of items for it, so that assumption is wrong, it's alot of high end stuff. Aswell i'm not fully untemplated either. Unbuffed not really, i use champ buffs so that count for something.

The template i'm going to use got great stats, 350 hits 101 con. And i'm not lazy, i ty to attend on every ml5/7 and poc raid i can to get ahold of the items i need. Also i'm holding ml1 grp steps to get fadrins belt of havoc.

So i'm clearly not lazy. I also like grouping, but it can be hard sometimes to find an group. Even if you ask for lfg it can be 30mins-1hour before i get a group.

~Latency~

Can't get enough of FH
Caster damage needs to be toned down a bit... if a caster see's you from range you die so fast.. my merc has like 2.6k Hp and I drop like a fly (capped resists/cl resist buffs)

Although, if you get the jump on a caster, or even 2 I find you can take them down veeeery easily without even taking damage ;d

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Caster damage has to be insane so that the tank will need a healing class to make it to the target. Caster interrupt code is as it is so that the caster will need a healing class to keep him/her alive.

Not rocket science now, is it?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
except moc/lifetap negates that need, shame tanks dont get a lifetap style that compares to lifetap DDs...

edit and no IP is not as good as lifetap, maybe if it did damage to the enemy it would do :) but 4-600 damage every second or so + crits is just retarded.

but then the game isnt designed for 1v1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom