RvR video

wijjijjyn

Fledgling Freddie
Nice =) Can't wait much longer!
But hopefully ill get a beta account soon ;)

Wyseman

Fledgling Freddie
i would love to get on beta after what i seen im realy fired up to get back on the amazings pvp:flame:

Wild

One of Freddy's beloved
i was starting to get a bit concerned about the rvr from the vids id seen but now its looks really good :) .. yes the UI looks like wow but its the game play i like most and that looks nothing like wow thank god :)

/clap @ EAmythic

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
i was starting to get a bit concerned about the rvr from the vids id seen but now its looks really good :) .. yes the UI looks like wow but its the game play i like most and that looks nothing like wow thank god :)

/clap @ EAmythic

Love you honeybunch! :D

/hugs and kisses

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
If i didnt know what it was, i would guess Daoc 2. And the humies movements are so tight, looks like they got a broom up their ****

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock

/clap @ EAmythic

thats not really important tho, im sure you can edit the UI to your hearts content :)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
thats not really important tho, im sure you can edit the UI to your hearts content :)

hope to god thats the only thing ppl can edit. so they wont follow in Blizzards footsteps have ppl make gazillions of addons that you just must have to be able to be viable in raids and shit.

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
I heard they where planning on adding a lua scritable UI a la wow...

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
shrug. i suspected it would be but i honestly thought that Mythic had SOME brains.

i dont think they realize just how fucked up WoW has become because of all those addons. they are disabeling shit loads of functions every single patch almost just because of it.

not to mention how fucking stupified ppl get by USING all those addons.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
the add ons turned people in 3 button hitting monkeys

i
well some people like me just use them to be able to make the hotbars smaller and be able to place them where i want. :) If wow UI allowed me to do that i would scrap my add on at once. But some has to be macro boys, not being able to play their char without them.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
i have no prob with some macros, the ones that i dont get are the "do everything for you" ones.

saw some of the hunter macros for WoW, you pressed 1 button, it did all your shots in the best order for DPS. so you go raiding, tab target, press 1, repeat...

why bother playing :puke:

Oskorei

Fledgling Freddie
i have no prob with some macros, the ones that i dont get are the "do everything for you" ones.

saw some of the hunter macros for WoW, you pressed 1 button, it did all your shots in the best order for DPS. so you go raiding, tab target, press 1, repeat...

why bother playing :puke:

Well, I know for me, that I don't play these games as in a test of skill who can push what combination of buttons fastest. It's about strategic positions and knowledge of the game on what works best, and applying that knowledge.

Making a macro for a combination of actions to be done, doesn't make it more boring. Pressing buttons is not my sense of fun. It's all in the experience, and if there's something that might save my keyboard from fast button-bashing, I welcome it.

The thing the hunter did, to what you prefer wasn't, as I believe intended that way, and was an extreme case. Macro's aren't bad. You just shouldn't overdo it.

Zrawkor

One of Freddy's beloved
:eek2:
Whaaat?! If I wouldn't know this was WAR, I'd say WoW 2 instead of DAoC 2! Seriously, imo it looks way too much like WoW! I WAS looking forward to the game but after seeing these vids I think I'm getting sick..
What bothers me most is the ugly dmg amounts jumping out of your enemies, how on earth can u feel like u 'are' your character when it sh*ts on realism every time u try to kill something...

Pff I thought mythic would've known better really. From what I've seen so far, it's a visual downside, almost all the way.....

Okay there are nice graphics, but damn why can't they just lean more to the old daoc graphics?

Those were a bit more serious and realistic at its least.

Damn..:puke:

I REALLY hope they bring out an UI which makes it possible to see your damage on an info window like daoc, otherwise I guess I'll be heading towards Origins..

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Whaaat?! If I wouldn't know this was WAR, I'd say WoW 2 instead of DAoC 2! Seriously, imo it looks way too much like WoW! I WAS looking forward to the game but after seeing these vids I think I'm getting sick..
What bothers me most is the ugly dmg amounts jumping out of your enemies, how on earth can u feel like u 'are' your character when it sh*ts on realism every time u try to kill something...

Pff I thought mythic would've known better really. From what I've seen so far, it's a visual downside, almost all the way.....

Okay there are nice graphics, but damn why can't they just lean more to the old daoc graphics?

I REALLY hope they bring out an UI which makes it possible to see your damage on an info window like daoc, otherwise I guess I'll be heading towards Origins..

Play the game before you make judgements like that load of bullshit.

/edit and also these videos are a year old now.

Zrawkor

One of Freddy's beloved
I will play it. And I'm not complaining about anything near the gameplay because indeed I can't tell what it's like. But I CAN see how the game's worked out visually, and no I don't really care about graphics, but the structure. I'm pretty sure they won't change those things in a year..

I just can't stand games, well actually basicly anything that lack realism..

Still looking forward to playing it tho, but I'm just saying it's giving me the wrong impression.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
I just can't stand games, well actually basicly anything that lack realism..

realism? Its a game where warriors with crab limbs and big fat green men beat on an army of elves and dwarfs.

WAR's artwork is based around figures and concepts that are nearly 25 (or over?) years old now.

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie

Realism, DAoC and WoW in the same paragraph?

Perhaps you'd like an mmo where people go to work down t' pit, then come back, eat their tea, row with the missus and go down the pub...I call it Age Of Flatcapslightandbitterandwhippets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom