[SUGGESTION] RVR, Tokens, Keeps, BO's

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
Hi All

Just a quick thought - some guys said it sounded good last night when I mentioned it on comms...

Rather than have what currently occurs with keeps and BO's Mythic would be best served by removing all influence and reknown from Keeps and BO's full stop.

You get 0 influence or Reknown for taking a keep but if your realm hold a keep you get a small 5% bonus to reknown and influence for players killed around the keep (this might be in place already - I've never checked).

So why should you take keeps? Simple. If you take a keep you should recieve a token. Say 10 tokens for a keep or something similar. If the keep is defended you get an additional 2 tokens per defender in the keep. This means an epic keep take against strong defence will earn you ALOT of tokens. These tokens can then be exchanged for infleunce/rvr gear rewards. Conqueror chest plate for instance could be 1000 tokens or something.

So why defend a keep? Simple. instead of a reknown defence bonus. For every keep defence that you hold you get 1 token per attacker. yes it's less than attacking. Why? because you should already be getting the bonus of RP from holding the keep and because this game is all about rewarding attacking. Otherwise we'd all still be sat in Dragonwake, Prague and Thunder Mountain.

Battle Objectives. Unless you hold 2 or more battle objectives in a zone you cannot assault a keep. Keeps are practically untakable without holding strategic objectives.

It's very rough but it would give some means of addressing the balance and it would stop people having to do 50 runs of BB/BE for the one sodding sentinel piece that they need.

What happens to reknown? You earn reknown for killing players, period. Scenarios would need to be reviewed. personally I think under RR40 and Rank 40 scenarios should work almost as they do now. At 40 / RR 40 however you should only earn reknown in a section of "premade" or "advanced" scenarios to keep the playing field relatively level.

It's veyr rough but I think it would be alot better than it is now with warbands of players in all tiers chasing each other around playing "take the rve objective a gtfo before opposition arrive!"

M

klasa

Loyal Freddie
A very good idea and you should send it to GOA and Mythic. This event we have right now has encouraged the WoW mentality. Got the following message

Realm mate "Don't defend the keep?
Me "Why?"
Realm mate " you screw up the event"
Me "Why?"
Realm matte "Cause we need destro to take the keeps so we can take them back in order to kill the keep lords"
Me "I'm gonna defend anyway cause this is WAR"

Anything going against this trend is wellcome.

Cheers

Gahn

Resident Freddy
MJ hintend at the introduction of a token system in place of the shit one actually in.
Let's cross fingers.

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
MJ hintend at the introduction of a token system in place of the shit one actually in.
Let's cross fingers.

I wouldn't get your hopes up there. He mentioned that in specific response to the new expansion. From what I read it applies specifically to the orvr dungeon gear ala DF and diamond seals.

I would be delighted if they consider revamping BE/BB however. Something like kill all bosses for chest piece, kill 50 of X for another bit or something similar.

Either that or just fix the code so we don't get a full blackguard set drop on one run when we have no blackguard in the party!

M

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
Either that or just fix the code so we don't get a full blackguard set drop on one run when we have no blackguard in the party!

M

Our guild doesnt have a WL which is a shame. We could have geared them out 10 times over as thats 60% of our instance drops.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock

M

you bastards ! thats where its all gone. im not getting any at the mo, having bugger all luck, and now i know why. gerroff moi looooot ! :twak:

also, good idea :D

Grotnob

Fledgling Freddie
Let's cross fingers.

I'm sure somebody also mentioned there wouldn't be stealthers, WAR would be cc light, black orcs would grow as they level, dwarf beards would get longer, and that you could chop off your enemy's head and mount it on your shoulder spikes for all the world to see.

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
I'm sure somebody also mentioned there wouldn't be stealthers, WAR would be cc light, black orcs would grow as they level, dwarf beards would get longer, and that you could chop off your enemy's head and mount it on your shoulder spikes for all the world to see.

Well, you can play catch with an enemys head atm, thats kinda fun :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom