rvr sorc spec

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Common specs:

1. 44 Body, 31 Mind.
2. 39 Body, 37 Mind.
3. 44-47 Body, rest Mind.

1. Red AoE mezz, (400 units), red AoE Str/Con debuff, yellow ML9 pet, big power usage on AoE mezz and lifetaps, shit damage.

2. Yellow AoE mezz (350 units), yellow AoE Str/Con and Dex/Qui debuff, yellow ML9 pet, yellow heat/cold/matter debuffs, yellow AoE root, yellow ML9 pet, less power problems.

3. Blue AoE mezz (350 units), yellow AoE Dex/Qui debuff, green ML9 pet, red heat/cold debuffs, good damage.

When you have a fresh Sorc go 39 Body / 37 Mind.

In my opinion the red mezz and yellow ML9 pet is overrated for RvR, so at higher RR I'd always run body with damage passives. Damage is interrupting too, red Dex/Qui debuff is nasty vs casters and support.

Winning a fight due to red AoE mezz or interrupting with 400 units AoE spell might happen, but only vs lemmings who do not demezz and do not spread out.

EvilDonut

Fledgling Freddie
yes you really won't be let down by 39 body / 37 mind - it is good for damage and good for mezzing - the only thing you are really losing out on is a bit of mezz radius which isn't a huge problem when you consider the extra damage. I'm currently RR5 and see no reason to respec to something else, but if I did I would go 45 body for the final DD. I probably won't do that though, as then I wouldn't have the 2nd best AE mezz and no group PoM which I use all the time.

The only problem is resists - what with your spells being lvl 3x, you need to get either MoFocus or one of those nice mythirian focus items. I currently have a Greater Focal Mythirian or whatever you call them, which is equivalent to MoF4 - easily enough, but I still feel like its a slot wasted.

Sorc is probably the most fun rvr character I've played so I'm sure whichever of the 3 main specs you go for you will enjoy it ;)

Xem - 50 Sorcerer (ML10 CL10 RR5)

Killswitch

FH is my second home
If you want to be the primary mezzer in a group and play in groups mainly, I'd go 39body/37 mind until about RR5/RR6 and then switch to 44mind/31body. You'll still need to output some DPS and the better AE dex/quick debuff in the Body line is nice to have too. Your mezz will be fine, but you do lose the extra radius on the AE mezz. Get MoF2 and you're good to go.

Once you hit RR5/RR6 you can afford to change to 44/31 because you'll have limited variance on your baseline lifetap and still put out good DPS, but you'll have that extra radius on the mezz which is hella nice for interrupts and blanket-mezzing (against crap groups anyway).

39/37 is also probably the best solo-spec if you plan on roaming and trying to catch soloers/duos/trios offguard. This is not quite as effective as it used to be after the ML9 nerf where I could just hit RR5 and kill 3-4 stealthers with a fully-buffed stun-chicken or Templar before it wore off.

If you're going to be a second sorc in a group or plan on duoing a lot, especially with another caster, you might want to consider going with either 45 or 47 body. The spec body-nuke hits like a truck and at RR6 I would regularly take out a healer or caster in 3 nukes. You trade the mezz for an AOE root which is sometimes better if you want to extend a duo-trio because it can't be cured (unlike mezz). You get a killer D/Q debuff and better DPS from your lifetap. Marry this spec up to MoC3 and you have a serious zerg-surfer and an amazing DPS-class for a FG, especially with a body-debuff from a cabby.

They're all good specs, depends a lot on RR and playstyle.

aika

Can't get enough of FH
Quite a noob question as I never played sorc, but with the 39/37 spec do you use the baseline lifetap or the spec nuke?

Killswitch

FH is my second home
Quite a noob question as I never played sorc, but with the 39/37 spec do you use the baseline lifetap or the spec nuke?

Get +11 body in template and use the top baseline lifetap.

Moaning Myrtle

Fledgling Freddie

An equally n00b reply, as I've never played a Sorc, but I'd think you'd use the Lvl 50 base Lifetap and (assuming +11 skill from RR & SC) suffer little variance.

You'd need MoF 3 to make the spec Lifetap land reliably I'd imagine.

Killswitch

FH is my second home
An equally n00b reply, as I've never played a Sorc, but I'd think you'd use the Lvl 50 base Lifetap and (assuming +11 skill from RR & SC) suffer little variance.

You'd need MoF 3 to make the spec Lifetap land reliably I'd imagine.

Sorcs don't get a spec lifetap...that's Cabalists. So it was actually even more of a n00b reply than you thought. Although you're basically right :p

Moaning Myrtle

Fledgling Freddie
Sorcs don't get a spec lifetap...that's Cabalists. So it was actually even more of a n00b reply than you thought. Although you're basically right :p

I do have a Cabalist, I just assumed they would be the same. Oh well, I did confess to not having played the Class ;)

Legaethiel

Fledgling Freddie

Essence devour is virtually the same as life tap, but Cabbies do more damage it seems if they spec body. Essence devour is regarded by many as a life tap - though colloquially, but it is slightly different. Killswitch has given an excellent account of how to spec a Sorcerer. The 39 body, 37 mind spec is the most user friendly spec at low realm ranks. It gives a hard nuke - Mind Shriek (level 35 body), yellow debuffs for Ice and Fire which is very useful when grouped with Wizards. It also gives a yellow strength/constitution debuff; and yellow pets - I can charm level 50 pets with 37 mind. 37 mind also gives the yellow group PoM, for power regen.

I would recommend starting at 39 body and 37 mind, because you are second best at everything a Sorcerer does. When you get more experience you can work out how you want to go afterwards. 46 body would give red debuffs for Fire and Ice and very hard nukes, more focus for damage dealing; 44 Mind gives the red AoE mezz, red strength/constitution debuffs and more focus for crowd control, essentially. Then respeccing, if you want to, at RR5 or above, because you have gotten used to all the things that a Sorcerer can do.

With regards to template, I opted for 25% extra spell duration, at the expense of some resists. I prefer crowd control and debuffing as opposed to nuking hard, so it does work well for me. The 25% extra duration gives me more flexibility with regards to RA to take at low RRs. That is just my playing style and it works for me. I have no doubt other people will have a different slant on this, but I enjoy it which is the main thing.

Bondoila

Fledgling Freddie
-44 Mind, 31 Body. Group.
-37 Mind, 39 Body Solo. (Good spec to use until rr5 + )

Other specs then that is just crap.
------------------------------------

>.< Pooned

Fledgling Freddie
split spec for low rr

44 mind rest body for high rr so the + body will cap it.

leviathane

Part of the furniture
idd pretty much what everyone else saying, 39/37 body mind til rr5/6 then 44mind rest body.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Losing to much util with that one, goes for both fg and solo.
Better make a caba ....

What kind of utility do you lose exactly?

I've been running 44 Mind or 37 Mind in groups mostly and often I said to myself "one more lifetap and he would have been dead".

Good groups will position themself so well that you can single target mezz anyway to interrupt or to make the mezz stick as the players will rarely box up. There are so many ways to avoid being blanket mezzed and I say mezz on inc is overrated for a while now. I saw you often mezzing a FG bar the Sorc on your Bard in the old Evita group days, the demezz while hanging back is not hard for the Sorc and you face then an enemy group with long duration mezz immunity. I am not saying it to you to flame you, most Bards on this cluster did so.

From Sorc's PoV your enemy will have Det/Stoicism/Charge and maybe SoS or group purge with a Hero/Warrior, demezz with 2 Healers or Bard with the possiblity to MoC demezz and individual purge. So chances are high that you just give red mezz immunity to everybody of the start of a fight.

It's much better to see when the Bard or the Healers are in trouble or when they dumped Purge, mezz them then if they used Purge and single target mezz the others after or while the demezzers are busy.

Red Dex/Quick AoE debuff is superior to the red Str/Con one, sheared and debuffed casters are useless. The yellow crack will be fully obsolete with 1.87.

The damage from 39 Body / 37 Mind or 44 Mind / 31 Body is really laughable in comparison to 45-47 Body, at low and at high RR. At low RR it's not even worth to run 44 Mind, the damage is just utterly crap, at high RR the damage passives you can offord make the spec nuke skyrocket, especially when you have a Cabby debuffing. High Body also opens the possibilty to debuff for a Fire/Cold/Matter Wizz or a Ice Theurgist.

Look at the successful groups, most of them run a debuffing caster duo.

When solo I don't even mezz on incoming unless I bump into someone, I use my own speed and speed warp to sneak in and 2-shot 1-2 casters with the spec nuke and use CC after to get away.

What's left is a yellow ML9 pet, can be CC and nuked down easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom