RVR / Servers

Belomar

Part of the furniture
vintervargen said:
sometimes you are really biased belomar.
Well, I reacted on your own rather biased statement about PvE--for many people, PvE is at least half the game, and you can't really introduce clustering if that imposes strong PvE restriction as well.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
vintervargen said:
about the one realm option - if people could actually RvR with their mains, be it FG or large scale rvr, they wont have the need to try out other realms.

i can easily rvr on excal with my druid but i tend to log my lowbie shaman in on pryd for the fun, go aroun dotting in rvr, solo abit or fool around. If i had to wait 8 hours with changing i'd prolly not play anymore. Sometimes im in with druid, i get bored of sitting in DL, log my shaman on mid, get pm'd on irc to come excal, log shaman, log in druid and rvr ;o

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
tbh if anything goa would be better with trying to talk to mythic to make the frontiers language files client side while they cluster prydwen with say a low population french/german/italian/spanish server. That way they wouldnt be shooting their english speaking players in the foot.

They will not be clustering anyways until prydwens active population is like down to 50 per realm :)

vintervargen

Banned
Ok, im not really concerned which server excal might get a cluster with, that is not the main thing - just give more people in the frontiers.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Awarkle said:
tbh if anything goa would be better with trying to talk to mythic to make the frontiers language files client side while they cluster prydwen with say a low population french/german/italian/spanish server. That way they wouldnt be shooting their english speaking players in the foot.

They will not be clustering anyways until prydwens active population is like down to 50 per realm :)
That would require significant amounts of Mythic dev time and is thus very unlikely to happen. If Mythic did agree do look at doing that it would be a very low priority - way below bug fixes, balance changes and content. It's not that Mythic aren't prepared to help us out, it's simply that dev time is finite and has to be prioritised. Things that affect the most people or simple fixes that take very little time go to the top of the list, complex things like reorganising the way that the entire game works for a licencee will go to the bottom.

As far as he original qquestion is concerned. Merging will not happen. We aren't going to merge any live servers. Clustering is another thing entirely and we will be looking at the options available when 1.74 goes live. For now though, no decisions have been taken at all.

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
So when 1.74 goes live, everyone stop playing on Excalibur & Prydwen.
Zerg the German servers or something and come back in a couple of weeks, when Excal+Pryd are clustered :p

A

Aoln

Don't worry, it wont be long before even more people have quit and then they'll have to do something eventually.

Would be great if they did cluster, incentive enough to continue playing imo.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
if they were to cluster i imagine it would be excal/some random french/german server and the same with pryd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom