RvR Char

Howley

Fledgling Freddie
Wats the best rvr char to make these days that get grps nps....
not sumthing that is FOTM and will be useless ina week + no healers <--sux at it
:m00:
i was tinking pierce BM / chanter...

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Noticed a lack of BM's but that does appear to be picking up now.

The obvious bard+druid are out as you dont want to play a healer :)

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Well from what i can see set hib rvr grp atm is
Druid/Druid/BM/BM/Light eld/Warden/Bard/BM or Hero<Rare> 3rd Druid or as the yanks do and throw in a 2nd bard <perhaps 33 reg spec>

I stopped playing my hero because if ure not Tusk/Discipline/Hestethun u dont get rvr grps and im too agressive a player to be trusted to bg in the heat of the moment < Chases a kobby caster out of healrange with 2h malice out while being screamed @ by Brekahn>

<3 <3 <3 U will still have ani/menta as uber farmbots m8y xD

Howley

Fledgling Freddie
Punishment said:
<3 <3 <3 U will still have ani/menta as uber farmbots m8y xD
rofl thats why i want a new rvr char...altho my menta does do nice dmg...i always am solo tho...(i do same dmg as light eld)

only reason really i wulnt play healer is coz brek/tech/tinn/micro/etc...
so compared to them i aint rolling 1 tbh ( altho i do like the idea of a CC char)
if i made a hero i wuld like BG and hanging around the grp keeping peeps safe...but as u said m8 "if ure not Tusk/Discipline/Hestethun u dont get rvr grps"

so the search goes on :m00:

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
when its in a stealth zerg

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Well if i was starting from scratch id make a Pierce celt bm or a Druid , and i dont care what u say , their are never enough druids ... k xD

Howley

Fledgling Freddie
ye i tink i will go for the p.BM ....i wanna have a lvl50 tank (thats not on pvp) nd fully temp'd
ps.i wanan see ur temp punish so i can modify it into a piecer temp...cannot get proper temp mdae myself seen as i never temped a tank b4 -.- :touch:

Frozodo

Fledgling Freddie
i got lvl 50 bm but never really rvr with him, the one im making for rvr now is me hero prolly spear however LW is tempting ( shh Punish dont comment :p ) my bm use to be piercer nice combo without toa up i could deal alot of dmg and stun feedback ofc diamond bak ftw in that chase:D

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
If you want to play an offensive tank go BM.
If you want to play a defensive* tank go Hero.
If you wanna nearsight everything that moves go Eld.
If you want to play solo melee go Vampiir/Ranger/NS.

* Yes a Hero can go offensive which is nice and flexible, but decent shield spec makes them partcularly suited for BGing since guard comes up instantly and BG takes 2s to kick in (if the person you're BGing has been moving). They can also guard one and BG another.

Frozodo

Fledgling Freddie
Mirt said:
If you want to play an offensive tank go BM.
If you want to play a defensive* tank go Hero.
If you wanna nearsight everything that moves go Eld.
If you want to play solo melee go Vampiir/Ranger/NS.

* Yes a Hero can go offensive which is nice and flexible, but decent shield spec makes them partcularly suited for BGing since guard comes up instantly and BG takes 2s to kick in (if the person you're BGing has been moving). They can also guard one and BG another.

where is light menta :p

Donledirse

Fledgling Freddie
Why do champs never get any <3, they can spec shield and LW, have debuffs and some really nice RA's for groups. BM and Champ also make a good duo.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Well i have a pierce template i made out for Menamacha the 44 pierce elf bm i made but deleted , has nice bonuses but only +3 cd/pierce , id make a celt tho tbh , only reason i made a firb slash bm is because i want to try out 450 str in rvr xD

Also good pierce weps are expensive and hard come by Bmf/Astral plaguebringer and the likes of sok dont really have any good offensive procs etc.

And i think i will bite the bullet when i have time and respec hero 42 shield 50 cs 39 parry for solo pwnage warlord aka teh ravenbourne style :p

Howley

Fledgling Freddie
Boni said:
farming some mob in pve :)

grr...i got a light menta and try rvr wit him but never get grps :((
i do nice dmg but thats y i am rolling a BM peirce now

shar ftw bebe...15dex/10str...i got 20 more con at lvl 50 than a celt but 5 less dex

ok now come the flames for saying i am a shar.. :m00:

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Well id go celt as u dont have 5 less dex @ 50 u have 13 less dex .

The whole point of a Blademaster is to do damage ... not take damage , 20 extra con only means 100-150 extra hp @ 50 anyway

Imo reroll Celt and spec 15 str 10 qui , dex will be high enough anyway and u will always have the option of respeccing blades/blunt if u want and not being totally gimped xD

Do as u wish , but id really like to see u with a non gimped char for once...

<3 <3 <3

Howley

Fledgling Freddie
Punishment said:
Do as u wish , but id really like to see u with a non gimped char for once...

<3 <3 <3

/cry
/cry
/cry
:twak: :twak: :twak:

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Bard imo.

Bards are not really classified as a healer in rvr groups, they are primarily CC and rarely are called upon to heal (thats a druids job or a wardens, most groups have 2 druids and a warden, three healers, bards usually heal only when in real trouble as a fourth healing option).

The skill of the groups bard makes or breaks the group, they are the single most important rvr class for FG rvr and always in demand for groups.

There are a lot of Bards around it's true, but not many really good ones.

Howley

Fledgling Freddie
ye but 2 of my RL m8s got a bard alrdy and another bard is inc soon afaik...

Punishment

Resident Freddy
(invisibletank) said:
ye but 2 of my RL m8s got a bard alrdy and another bard is inc soon afaik...

Well theirs Microhard rr5/4 , Tinneth rr6/0 , Rhymin rr5/x and now Twisting rr10/5 or so ... so i think yea , bard is out of the question :p

Just make a celt pierce bm 15 str 10 qui called /macroassist/assist Intimidation :D

Howley

Fledgling Freddie
rofl m8...ok i will remake as celt and have 20 less con but 20 more quickness...
pretty much same dmg tho as peirce coz its 50% str/50% dex and i only lose 5 str and gain 5 dex.. :p

ok....so, gif to peirce BM temp..and dont hold bak coz this is my serious rvr char
+ gif to poc grp to ding 46 from /20 :fluffle: <looks at punishment!>

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Wrong Wrong Wrong !!!

U were going to spec 15 dex 10 str so u gain 5 str , not lose 5 str and @ 50 thats 12-13 more str , also u gain 5 dex which is 12-13 @ 50 and u gain 40+ qui @ 50

Spec 15 str 10 qui ... k

Commandment

Fledgling Freddie
Punishment said:
U were going to spec 15 dex 10 str so u gain 5 str , not lose 5 str and @ 50 thats 12-13 more str , also u gain 5 dex which is 12-13 @ 50 and u gain 40+ qui @ 50

Spec 15 str 10 qui ... k

well my newly made peirce bm celt owns all he is teh BILL-HEAVE

anyways poc for meh 2moro .. and he will be 35+ then i > all

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Commandment said:
well my newly made peirce bm celt owns all he is teh BILL-HEAVE

anyways poc for meh 2moro .. and he will be 35+ then i > all

Both my accs are down for atleast another week and i wont be in town till tomorrow week , amaghad what am i gonna do :(

What zee fark Kini in PM ? Does that mean Blade joined also ?

If so Gratz :p

Howley

Fledgling Freddie
hehe gratz on PM...
well wen i checked character builder 2.0 i done celt and difference at lvl 50 between celt/shar is only 5-+....so :twak:

i reroll celt 15str/10quik

Commandment

Fledgling Freddie
(invisibletank) said:
hehe gratz on PM...
well wen i checked character builder 2.0 i done celt and difference at lvl 50 between celt/shar is only 5-+....so :twak:

i reroll celt 15str/10quik

come msn :p immo ring must be farmed !

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
imho 200 more hits does matter. And 5 dex is gonna make you hit what? 2 more dmg? :p If you wonna play tough, duel my shar bm ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom